Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
75senta75
Ana
Tarunyada
landrover
costicuba
10 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) Empty
PostSubject: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 2:46 am

I found something very interesting ... models from a brand, maybe a new one, with no name...at least for now Very Happy

I found on Aliexpress only two sellers, who sells these models and no one on Ebay (or at least I didn`t find)

So, the models are from a farm animals set and most of them doesn`t look good..more like a toys,
but 3 of them catched my eye.
One dog model, which breed is still missing from a major brands and I`m realy happy that I found it..
The most expensive dog breed in the world : Tibetan Mastiff cheers
The other two models are two versions of Alpaca and they also look very interesting.

First, let me show you the links from Aliexpress, where you can see the whole set.
This seller has better photos and info.
But I bought my models from This seller , becouse the models were a bit cheaper. (after I bought them, he made the prices higher...)
I also tried to ask him for the name of the brand, but he couldn`t tell me....or he didn`t want ..I have no idea.

Now, let`s see these mysterious models ... Laughing :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The material is plastic and it is heavy.

I`m going to show you a walkarounds for every of them and I will start with the dog.

Tibetan Mastiff . One of the biggest dog breeds and like I said, the most expensive one ...
It is a powerful and great looking dog ...almost like a bear :)

Wikipedia sais :
The Tibetan Mastiff is a type of large Tibetan dog breed (Canis lupus familiaris). Originating with the nomadic cultures of China, India, Mongolia, Nepal and Tibet, it`s use by local tribes of Himachal Pradesh was to protect sheep from wolves, leopards, bears, large mustelids, and tigers.
Males can reach heights up to 83 cm (33").

And now let`s see a small walkaround of this model :

I realy like this model. Maybe it is not a 100% accurate, but it has a nice texture of fur..and it is one of a kind Wink

Let`s see him, together with some Papo dogs of big breeds :

Now, let`s start with these two Alpaca models.
I`m shure, they will be very interesting for some of the Alpaca lovers ( greetings for Susanne Very Happy )

The white one is with full coat - uncropped :

And the gray one, it look`s like it is good cropped Very Happy :

All in all, I like these two Alpacas. They look enough accurate and also different from the major brands models:)

About the size, here you can see, that they are bigger compared to Schleich Alpacas. Maybe they are a bit like Safari Ltd. size,
but I`m not shure, becouse I still don`t have the Safari one..

So, here they are.
I`m curious to know, what do you guys think about these new models :)

Thank`s for watching sunny

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 3:34 am

Rare models, I want specially the alpacas, are cute.

Thanks for sharing cheers

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:51 am

Thank you so much for sharing this information and your wonderful photographs, Kosta! These sure are very interesting. I don't collect alpacas, but everytime I see a 'new' model, it starts itching haha.. They look wonderful! And I especially like the texture of that Tibetan mastiff's fur; it looks so active Shocked Very well made! A pity we don't know the brand, but maybe we'll find out in the (near) future Wink

Just one question: can you compare the plastic they're made of with any other brand? Just curious.

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 am

Very very interesting! New brand and with very interesting models Very Happy
I think Tibetan Mastiff is really well made, perhaps the face could be more detailed but posture, texture and even the colour are very very nice and quite accurate Very Happy

Thank you for the information about these dogs. I didn't know they are the most expensive breed. They surely are impressive with their huge size and fur Very Happy I think that fur also is probably very hot affraid I surely hope they get a shorter cut if they live in warmer climate pale

Alpacas are very cute, lovely models too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Very nice models, never seen since now!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 5:48 pm

Ohhhh! I faint affraid pale Laughing

They are absolutely wonderful , - I love the alpakas, and I am totally in love with the mastiff I love you cheers sunny

Thankyou for the beautyful and interesting pictures Applause

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 6:25 pm

Thank you for your comments friends :)
I`m happy, that these models are also interesting for you Very Happy

Tarunyada wrote:

Just one question: can you compare the plastic they're made of with any other brand? Just curious.

Yes Julie, I`ll try :)
So the plastic is more heavy then the major brands models. For example, the white alpaca and the tibetan mastiff are heavier
then other models, which are bigger then them.
But like flexibility is the same.
For example the grey alpaca... I can move his legs easy, like form the models of major brands Wink

Guys, something funny Laughing
I told you, that I asked the seller about the name of the brand.... and he/she couldn`t tell me...
But today, I got a message from the seller..... and I`ll copy and show you this message now :

``hi, dear , asked the factory for you , they told me the brand is PAPO. although there have no mark on the models:)``

Laughing Laughing Laughing Hahah....oh, that is hunny lol!

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:06 pm

costicuba wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

Yes Julie, I`ll try :)
So the plastic is more heavy then the major brands models. For example, the white alpaca and the tibetan mastiff are heavier
then other models, which are bigger then them.
But like flexibility is the same.
For example the grey alpaca... I can move his legs easy, like form the models of major brands Wink

Thank you for checking out! cheers

costicuba wrote:
Guys, something funny Laughing
I told you, that I asked the seller about the name of the brand.... and he/she couldn`t tell me...
But today, I got a message from the seller..... and I`ll copy and show you this message now :

``hi, dear , asked the factory for you , they told me the brand is PAPO. although there have no mark on the models:)``

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing   Hahah....oh, that is hunny  lol!

Hahaha, Papo, sure Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:44 pm

I know that figurines. This is chinese stuff and very very beautieful. Thats why i open a special chinese stuff topic.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Those are very interesting Very Happy Only the factory is a bid... eeeehhh, weird o.0 Papo, yeah....

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:59 pm

Thank you for your comments Julie, Andreas and Karin :)

widukind wrote:
I know that figurines. This is chinese stuff and very very beautieful. Thats why i open a special chinese stuff topic.

Andreas, from where do you know these models ? Did you also see them from Aliexpress ..or somewere else ?
Do you know more about them ?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 1:09 am

I was delighted reading this very interesting topic and I couldn't prevent a big laugh when you shared the reply of that seller about the brand. lol! These days the forum is being gifted with some very interesting topics and this is surely one of them. This kind of manufacturers is very common in China, actually, they have no brand and they don't sell under a brand name. They have the manufacturing and sometimes the design facilities. Most of Papo figures are manufactured in China and much probably designed there too. We don't know if this particular manufacturer is working for Papo or if the seller only wanted to give you a pleasant reply assigning it to a prestigious brand. Why would the factory reply Papo? The quality is under the average of what we are used with Papo but, I know figures in Papo range, mainly from early collection, that are not surely better than these. Scheck the old hippo, deers, giraffes, etc. Also, these alpacas have a size similar to Papo llama, I guess and apparently dogs are compatible in terms of size. Why not projects originally designed to Papo that the company rejected? Idea geek Wink
I think their quality, although not as good as current figures from major brands, are excellent when compared with the most part of China unbranded figures we're used. The Tibetan mastiff is sumptuous, if I was a collector of dogs, I would make all my effort to acquire it and if I ever turn in a collector of dogs, I'll regret not to get it. Alpacas are also very nice, I love that they have different hair dressers what makes them look completely distinct. I even like these chickens, duck, goose, cat, rabbit, etc. They're like the "Farm side" of Sol90. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 am

costicuba wrote:
Thank you for your comments Julie, Andreas and Karin :)

widukind wrote:

Andreas, from where do you know these models ? Did you also see them from Aliexpress ..or somewere else ?
Do you know more about them ?

I know these models from Taobao. But i dont know more. I also bought any things on taobao but at the moment they dont arrive me. But i saw there a lot of more beautieful figurines that i never know before.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 2:55 am

Thank you very much, for your comment Roger :)
And thank you for the info Andreas Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 3:13 am

Wow, stunning mastiff, gorgeous furred alpaca, wonderfully unique shaved alpaca. Big congrats and great models!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)   A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :) Empty

Back to top Go down

A new brand on board ! ... or not... ?!? :)
Page 1 of 1