Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jaguar figurines

Go down 
+13
baltimore zoo
Palustris
bjarki12
Ana
arafan
Shanti
75senta75
SUSANNE
Mgarat
elephas_maximus
Roger
widukind
Tarunyada
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Palustris

Palustris

Country/State : Canada

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I would just like to start by saying that there are some very, very talented people on this forum! My hat goes off to all of you. I wish I had your skills.

I am new to this forum even though I have registered some time ago. What initially drew me to this forum was photos of a figures made by someone on this forum of jaguars. In particular one where a Pantanal Jaguar was battling a Caiman. Absolutely stunning!

https://2img.net/h/i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/CJCJWIN1/P1130414_zps3jcvfblu.jpg

I am an avid collector of jaguar figurines, in particular the Pantanal Jaguar ( panthera onca palustris ). This sculpture depicts a famous jaguar by the name of "Mick" attacking a caiman. This original footage was very popular on YouTube. This jaguar was blind in his right eye due to a battle over territory with another resident male jaguar. Mick is an incredible jaguar that was very popular with tourists at that time.

Anyway, I have loved jaguars all my life and eventually was able to work with them at a local wildlife park in my area. I am in the midst of bringing a breeding pair of Pantanal jaguars from Brazil to this wildlife park. Its been a long road that has been ongoing for the past 7 years! The red tape is unbelievable, however, once completed it will be well worth it. My work is voluntary just because I love to work closely with these great cats.

My question to all of you is this. I have been trying to purchase some of the figurines displayed on this forum, but I have had no luck. I have tried contacting some of the creators of the jaguar figures privately, but unfortunately I never received an answer. I may have done something wrong and perhaps they never received my message. I do not know.

Can anyone help me? Is the creator of the jaguar vs caiman figure still on this forum and if so can you please let me know if I am able to purchase one of these figures? I would be most indebted because it would an incredible addition to my collection.

Of course any and all figures for sale of jaguars would be welcome. If I like them I would most definitely purchase them.

Thanks very much folks and hopefully someone can help. I look forward to corresponding with some of you on this forum to discuss wildlife (jaguars in particular!) and your designs.

All the best!
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Hello and welcome here!

Very interesting to read your post. It sounds so wonderful, loving a species so much and than being able to work with them.. I think you're very lucky! And I really respect you for doing so much work for this species Smile

I can't help you with this stunning figurine. I do remember it, but I just can't remember who made it scratch I'll search the forum, but maybe some one else can help you out. Have you seen @Mgarat here? He makes such beautiful (felidae) figurines and is making replicas of some of them as well! You definitely should check out this topic.

Do you know the ToyAnimalWiki? It's a wiki page on which contributers (mostly from this community) are trying to gather as much animal figurines as possible. Here are some known jaguar figurines, but I'm sure there are others not listed yet! cheers

Good luck with your jaguar figurine hunt!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Here's the topic you're looking for. The sculptor's named @LCY. His last visit on the forum was last December. People come and go here at the forum; some will be back after a time of inactivity, others we do not see in years..
Oh and here's the other jaguar you got in your Photobucket album. It's from the same guy Wink

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:07 am

Hi Julie,

Thanks very much for your replies. It's much appreciated.

Yes, I noticed that some people may have moved on. What a shame! lol. I privately messages "Tiger Yang" back in December of 2015, but I received no answer. He appears to be the creator of the "Jaguar/Caiman" figure.

Thanks for the other links. I have all the Schleich, Papo and Safari ltd figures. But, I love the re-paint that he did on the Safari ltd one. Very nice.

For sure, please let me know every time across a jaguar figure. I'm very interested.

Onil
Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:11 am

Oh, I looked at the Toyanimalwiki link you sent to me. I have almost all of them. Some are very poor quality and do not retain any of the real jaguar features, so I do not collect them. I like closer to life replicas and the one depicted on this forum are the BEST I have seen to date.

Again, thanks for that Julie!

Onil
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:13 am

Julie said all :) Welcome here :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:15 am

First I have to welcome you on forum and also to point the quality of Julie's reply.
Have you checked sculptress' twitter @TigerYang92?
None of these two Chinese members were very active here, maybe they only wanted only to present their works to our community. There are some great Chinese foruns about this thematic and they surely feel more confortable there. Nonetheless, they are very welcome here as everyone is.
It would be fantastic, if possible, to see your jaguar's collection even if some of the figures are really well known here. Your knowledge and experience to these wonderful animals could also be interesting in our discussions. A onça pintada is really an incredible creature, you're lucky of working with them. cat Very Happy

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:14 am

Thank you Andreas and Roger. Much appreciated!

Thanks for the twitter link Roger. I am not on twitter, but I just may have to be in order to contact these fellows and try and purchase that sculpture. Wish me luck! lol

I have a wide collection of various jaguar "things", in particular....the Pantanal Jaguar. I started with books. I have probably every book written on jaguars.....at least I think I do?? It has taken me many years, but I have a large collection of books that I have collected from Canada, USA, Venezeula, Germany and Mexico. They are on Pantanal Jaguars, Venezeulan jaguars, Borderland and Mexican jaguars and Belize jaguars. The other books are on the subject of jaguars in general, but excellent nonetheless. Then I have the usual figures put out by schleich, safari ltd, papo and some other obscure manufacturers. I also have a large collection of photos that I have collected from notable animal photographers. One of them is "Mick" the one-eyed jaguar and another famous jaguar is "Ghost"or "Fantasma" who is/was a HUGE male from the Pantanal. This nice bruiser easily weighed in excess of 300 lbs! A feline colossus who was also popular with tourists/photographers.

I also spent some time with the wife and family of the famous Pantanal jaguar hunter Sasha Siemel. I am totally against trophy hunting of any kind, but this man amassed a huge amount of intel on the Pantanal jaguar. His daughter Dora was kind enough to provide me many nice photos of Pantanal jaguars. Very sad that he hunted them, but I learned a lot from his book and his family who resided with him in Brazil before they moved to the U.S.

Onil

Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:19 am

Widukind (Andreas), wie gehts?? Alles gut in Deutschland?

Meine Mutti ist Deutsch aus Darmstadt und mein Vater hat ein bruder im Frankfurt.

Ich besuch Deutschland oft (alle zwei jahre ). Deutschland liegt schwer im meinem herz.....

Viele Grusse aus Kanada!!

Onil

P.S. Sorry folks, I don't mean to be rude. I was just greeting Andreas in German.
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:08 am

Heres a unique figure for your collection, an anatomical study of a jaguar with interchangeable heads.

Purchase link here:
https://www.junsanatomy.com/products/jaguar-anatomy-model-v1-1?variant=10280032065

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 3:11 am

Beautiful!! VERY unique. I have never seen one like this before. I'll get right on this one.

Thanks!

Onil
Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:52 am

I found these excellent repainted Schleich jaguars!

https://2img.net/h/i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/CJCJWIN1/P1120645_zpsa25e0530.jpg

Also, I have this one because it was sold as a Black Jaguar, but this artist repainted it. I would love to have this one too. But, the above two repainted jaguars would be first if I had my choice.

https://2img.net/h/i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p572/CJCJWIN1/QQ622A56FE20141114230151_zps6fcb73a8.jpg
Back to top Go down
Mgarat

Mgarat

Country/State : Spain

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:55 am

Good morning Onil...nice to have you here!!!!

I am really impressed about your love to jaguars and I wish you can get what you want.... to this regard I think you can reach the guy who made the jaguar hunting the caiman through his facebook. Hisñ name is Jenny Ren and he Works in Pekin. As far as I know he made this figure as a resin kit to be mounted and painted....goog luck!!!

My Topics on STS / Felidae Family Project (FFP)
My shop in Etsy
Back to top Go down
http://divartsity.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:34 pm

WOW !!! They are BEAUTYFUL cheers

Congratulations with these wonderful finds Applause

Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Good morning Mgarat and Susanne,

Very much appreciated Mgarat. I'm not on Facebook, but I'll try to find someone who is and they can try to contact him for me. I was given a lead on his Twitter account and so I contacted him yesterday. Of course I had to sign up on Twitter first! You should have seen me trying to fumble around signing up and trying to send him a message. I have no idea how that all works. lol But, I think it went through, so lets see if he responds. I'll try the Facebook route to with a friend. Can all of you tell how much I want that piece???? LOL

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Palustirs wrote:
Meine Mutti ist Deutsch aus Darmstadt und mein Vater hat ein bruder im Frankfurt.

Ich besuch Deutschland oft (alle zwei jahre ). Deutschland liegt schwer im meinem herz.....

Wow, ich komme ebenfalls aus Darmstadt! Auch habe ich einen Bruder, der heute in Darmstadt lebt!

I am also from Darmstadt and one of my brothers is living also in Frankfurt today! Will send you PM.

How small the STS-World is! Now I know, your family lived only two blocks away from my familys house and you have visited the same "ice cream shop" . We have nearly the same age. And now, many years later, we meet us in a forum with the same hobby. sunny cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Palustris wrote:
... I'm not on Facebook, but I'll try to find someone who is and they can try to contact him for me. .....

Laughing Laughing it also took me several years before I reluctantly joined Facebook.
It is a very un-user-friendly site, - so I almost never write anything, but it is nice to be able to see it, if friends or relatives send me a link Very Happy

75senta75 wrote:
Palustirs wrote:

Wow, ich komme ebenfalls aus Darmstadt! Auch habe ich einen Bruder, der heute in Darmstadt lebt!

I am also from Darmstadt and one of my brothers is living also in Frankfurt today! Will send you PM.

How small the STS-World is! Now I know, your family lived only two blocks away from my familys house and you have visited the same "ice cream shop" . We have nearly the same age. And now, many years later, we meet us in a forum with the same hobby. sunny cheers

This is amazing !!! Yes ! Small world indeed affraid cheers

Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:39 pm

I know, pretty amazing isn't it?!

Such nice people on this forum. I'm glad to be aboard and discuss with like minded people. I look forward to all the exchanges of information and hopefully.....I can add to my nice jaguar collection!

Thanks for the post Susanne. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 3:04 pm

I just bought this fantastic Sabretooth Tiger off of E-bay. It's too bad he's all grey, but this is the best Sabretooth Tiger replica I have ever come across.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 4:07 pm

WOW !!! 3D print, isn't it ? cheers

He is gorgeous !!!! Look at all the details, - and perfect proportions acoording to my taste ! Applause How big is he ?

I wonder what they have used for model ? Laughing

Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 5:32 pm

My thoughts exactly. I love the proportions and beautiful, detailed features. I've never seen one like it. I have a couple of Sabre Tooth Tigers in my collection, but none as this one. Painted it would be even nicer.

Here is the size comparison:

Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 8:51 pm

This is a figure that was posted here back in 2011 it seems. I apologize for posting it again, but I love this figure. It represents and depicts all the characteristics that a true Pantanal Jaguar or Panthera onca palustris has.

Just in case some here are aware, there are 8 subspecies of jaguars. Panthera onca palustris are jaguars that are from the Pantanal regions of Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil, along the Paraguay River into Paraguay and northeastern Argentina. They are also the largest of the subspecies and third largest members of the cat family after the lion and tiger and in my opinion the most beautiful of all the jaguars.

A classic Pantanal jaguar is represented by a massive head/jaws which is the evolutionary result of dining on "reptiles" such as iguanas, turtles ( even sea turtles ), snakes, crocodiles, caiman. Their powerful head.jaws allows them to pierce the shells of turtles and hides crocodilians with relative ease. They are also capable of pulverizing and consuming the bones, hooves and skulls of their prey. If you look at the teeth of the jaguar you will see a much more robust set of canines and molars much like a hyena. In fact, because of this adaptation, they kill most of their prey by biting directly through the top of their skull or at the base of the neck/skull. Most all other cats including lions and tigers bite in the throat area and kills by suffocation. Then the Pantanal jaguar has a big, barrel shaped body supported by thick set, short powerful limbs with huge paws. Their tail is the shortest of all the big cats, usually no more than 24" long compared to lions, tigers, leopards, pumas and cheetahs having tails of 36"or more. ( puma and cheetahs are not classified as big cats, however, this is only due to the fact they cannot roar. I think they are big cats ). However, many Pantanal jaguars have tails shorter than 24" and some have no tail. This is due to the fact that the Pantanal Jaguar survives in flooded swampy areas which makes them the aquatic of all the big cats and as such their tails are often attacked by piranhas when they swim. In fact, jaguars spend so much time in the water they have very "oily" fur that helps insulate them and repel the water much like Labrador retrievers. They are built for power and stamina and because they are at the top of their food chain and such an abundance of food in the Pantanal they have grown into the largest of all the jaguars. One male on YouTube was tagged and weighed in at 315 lbs. But later, Dr. Sandra Cavalcanti told me that she made a mistake because the jaguars head rested on the ground as it was weighted, so with the head she said this male weighted 325 lbs. Larger specimens were hunted  throughout the ages tipping the scale at 350 lbs and some....even more. However, these poor jaguars were killed by hunters, unlike the male tagged for research purposes by Dr, Cavalcanti. I prefer live jaguars to dead jaguars. They are an absolutely incredible, beautiful and amazing animals!

Anyway, here is the figure posted before that I believe captures the essence of the Pantanal Jaguar. If ANYONE and I mean ANYONE has one of these that I could buy then I would be most indebted to you.

Thanks.

Last edited by Palustris on Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Palustris

Palustris

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Here is the "Vanishing Wildlife Series" jaguar repainted.

Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Wow, what a wonderful cat!! Shocked Applause
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:16 am

Hello Onil, welcome here! Very Happy
First of all I wanted to say a big THANK YOU for this amazing introduction of this wonderful cat that I would call our National animal. Till yesterday I tought that the South American Jaguar is a monotypic species but as I see, I think that I (and Wikipedia) were wrong, there are too many diferences and adaptations that wouldn't make it a own subspecies.
I really hope you will get this figurine. :)

Jaguar figurines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaguar figurines   Jaguar figurines Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaguar figurines
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next