Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Are these Official Schleich Box Sets?   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Just saw these on ebay.

Given the drinking zebra has already been discontinued and the fact that I see no Schleich Logo anywhere in these images, are they officially Schleich? Or has Schleich gone the Nayab way and started to licence their models for rebranding/packaging by other companies? Strange. Anyone have any more info on this? the sets are also much cheaper than if you were to buy the models individually. Apologies if this has been discussed on the forum, I am always slow in catching up on these things.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one contains the CollectA buffalo so I assume these are either fake or the real models simply repackaged by another company?

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Country/State : Michigan, USA

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm guessing maybe a knockoff? the looking away zebra has seam lines the original doesn't appear to have.

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm

They look like really good copies. Most of them look real but a few things here and there are off - the hoof of the grazing zebra isn't flat on the ground, it's warped (at least the zebras I have the plastic is too hard to warp like that), the paintwork on the grazing zebra's head is not very detailed, the face of the male lion is odd, the water buffalo's paintwork is sloppy... and of course the price. I would be tempted to buy the zebra set but oddly enough it won't let me buy - it says "Ships to Europe, United States," but also "Does not ship the the United States" scratch

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They look like really good copies. Most of them look real but a few things here and there are off - the hoof of the grazing zebra isn't flat on the ground, it's warped (at least the zebras I have the plastic is too hard to warp like that), the paintwork on the grazing zebra's head is not very detailed, the face of the male lion is odd, the water buffalo's paintwork is sloppy... and of course the price. I would be tempted to buy the zebra set but oddly enough it won't let me buy - it says "Ships to Europe, United States," but also "Does not ship the the United States" scratch

Hi it is free delivery to the uk so if you want them i can help you out with sending them on to the usa
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi it is free delivery to the uk so if you want them i can help you out with sending them on to the usa
Steve  

I really appreciate your offer Steve but I'm going to pass for now, I really shouldn't be spending money on model animals right now.

Numaan

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:05 pm

You are right guys, the more I look the more knock off details I can spot but I must admit they are pretty good copies......

As for buying them, why bother buying a poor copy ? Just get the real thing :-)

I wonder if Schleich can stop them.....
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:19 am

Aren't those the newer Nayab copies? scratch

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:21 am

As for buying them, why bother buying a poor copy ?  Just get the real thing :-)

I agree with you. It's just my zebra obsession kicking in Laughing

Numaan

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 am

As for buying them, why bother buying a poor copy ?  Just get the real thing :-)

I agree with you. It's just my zebra obsession kicking in Laughing

:-)

Post some photos of your zebra collection! :-)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:20 am

Ah I don't have many at all. Nothing worth posting. I'd like to get more eventually though.

MiniZoo

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 am

We've recently discovered a range of animal figurines in a major retail department store chain that have been directly copied from current Schleich models.. read all about our findings and how to spot the inferior quality in our latest blog entry here.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.minizoo.com.au/
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:49 am

Ohh, yes . The market seems to be absolutely flooded with copies these days Shocked

Schleich, Papo and Collecta especially seem to be the victims Suspect

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:13 pm

Very interesting blog entry and quite oportune. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Very good blog entry, thank you for letting everyone know Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:49 pm

It´s only to be expected if you ask me. Every brand that delivers good products and finds sucess usually has to deal with other companies making knock-offs in an effort to trick both kids and parents out of their money. Rolling Eyes I actually enjoy to see images of knock-offs just to know how bad they really are. It´s good for a laugh! I will never forget classics like the "Polystation". Laughing

I actually saw a few knock-offs myself of the Papo dinosaurs at a toy store. They looked similar enough to the real deal at a distance but if you got close enough to them, you could see that they lacked much of the quality and details of the originals. Plus, they came in a box, unlike the actual models.

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands   Today at 12:35 pm

Back to top Go down

Be Aware of Copy Cat Brands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1