Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plastic animal collection museum exhibition

Go down 
+4
Chris Sweetman
Roger
widukind
elephas_maximus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
elephas_maximus

Plastic animal collection museum exhibition Empty
PostSubject: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 5:05 pm

The Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter UK, will display close to 1,000 plastic animals as part of a temporary exhibit.
They are on loan from the personal collection of the man who runs Paignton Zoo, he has been collecting for 50 years. The exhibit runs until September 25. 2016.

From the pictures I can see mainly Britains with some Jeol,Schleich and Papo looks interesting.  The article mentions some American and Japanese items also.  

If anyone here goes please share some pictures.

News article about the collection
Exhibit information

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by elephas_maximus on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Interesting :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 6:20 pm

I surely wished a lot to go there! I have sent a message to Numaan that lives in London, Devon is not so far so maybe he has the chance of visiting it and hsaring some pictures with us. Thanks for sharing, that's really very interesting! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Thanks Roger, that would be interesting to see some pictures if Numaan can visit.  Over 50 years I'm sure there will be some interesting vintage pieces.

From what I've read it seems this exhibit is free admission too, maybe it is outside the regular collections in the lobby or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Thanks Andrew and interesting to hear that Simon specifically mentions: “…. the kangaroos with detachable joeys and the tiny platypus which I keep in a box because they are rare and easily lost are the gems of the collection.”

Both gems from Britains?

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySat Jul 16, 2016 10:37 pm

WOW !!! I also wished I could go there ! Shocked

Great idea to write to Numaan, Roger.

Thankyou VERY much for this topic, EM flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 1:51 am

elephas_maximus wrote:
Thanks Roger, that would be interesting to see some pictures if Numaan can visit.  Over 50 years I'm sure there will be some interesting vintage pieces.

From what I've read it seems this exhibit is free admission too, maybe it is outside the regular collections in the lobby or something.

Almost surely, it seems also to be a suggested collection once museum is accepting to show private collections of several subjects. It seems fantastic to me that they accepted this particular collection, it was much more expectable to see composition or lead figures instead of plastic.

Susanne, you're welcome and Chris, Britains is brand of major interest to the generation of that collector, a little like Schleich is doing last years being the main focus of younger generations. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 8:58 am

Roger wrote:
[........ It seems fantastic to me that they accepted this particular collection, it was much more expectable to see composition or lead figures instead of plastic......

I am sure it helps that the collector is executive director of a Wildlife Conservation Trust Very Happy

Iuri97

Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Same here, I whish I could visit it! Collecting for 50 years... I can only hope that, one day, I will be able to claim the same about me! Very Happy

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySun Jul 17, 2016 4:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
[........ It seems fantastic to me that they accepted this particular collection, it was much more expectable to see composition or lead figures instead of plastic......

I am sure it helps that the collector is executive director of a Wildlife Conservation Trust Very Happy

Surely! Once I got surprised watching on public Portuguese television, a reportage about a collector of sugar packets. Not that I think that it is not interesting but I wasn't expecting to see a particular collection with such a mediatic impact. Well, the collector was the President of a local Administrative entity, it surely explains the choice in the same manner as you mentioned. Laughing
Susanne, you already know what you have to do to turn your superb collection in a Danish Museum of the Nature Themed Toy. I will nominate you the Executive President of the Monster Lakeland! flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Surely! Once I got surprised watching on public Portuguese television, a reportage about a collector of sugar packets. Not that I think that it is not interesting but I wasn't expecting to see a particular collection with such a mediatic impact. Well, the collector was the President of a local Administrative entity, it surely explains the choice in the same manner as you mentioned. Laughing
Susanne, you already know what you have to do to turn your superb collection in a Danish Museum of the Nature Themed Toy. I will nominate you the Executive President of the Monster Lakeland!  flower

affraid lol! lol! lol!

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 10:52 am

Thank you for the information and hoping Numaan will able to pay a visits.
Maybe Susanne should have an exhibition too!

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 1:43 am

HI guys

Just catching up - unfortunately Exeter is very very far from London and so not sure when exactly or if I will ever visit - maybe a good excuse to go. I will see. However, can someone find out whose collection it is from? I am sure the owner wouldnt mind sending us photos of this collection in the meantime. Well done to the person who found this! :-)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 8:40 am

Numaan wrote:
HI guys

.......can someone find out whose collection it is from? I am sure the owner wouldnt mind sending us photos of this collection in the meantime.  Well done to the person who found this! :-)

What a great idea cheers Applause

Perhaps you can get his mail address here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ? bounce

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic animal collection museum exhibition   Plastic animal collection museum exhibition Empty

Back to top Go down

Plastic animal collection museum exhibition
Page 1 of 1