Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown

Go down 
+7
sunny
Caracal
Birdsage
Roger
SUSANNE
landrover
widukind
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown Empty
PostSubject: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Long time ago i got in a original box any Elastolin figurines from a serie called "Wassertiere". A other serie was "Birds of the world". All these figurines was only marked with made in Hong Kong. Last month i got some Prior figurines, very very similar. But they are marked with Prior, different painted and a littlle little bit smaller. There are also other similar figurines made for Azur.

I think it was a mold in Hong Kong and a factory produced for any brands. The same thing like Nayab.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by widukind on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Interesting,Andreas. study

where are these molds ? hopefully someone back to life.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Very, very interesting !!!! Thankyou, Andreas Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:38 pm

You're entering a very interesting subject! Hong Kong vintage companies were known from copying European brands but the real story may be different and much probably they manufactured figures to be sold by different brands as Nayab did. Hard to know the truth but these comparisons may be of help. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Many thanks. Here are the Elastolin sets. There was 10 different figurines with a paper inside of each box and 6 of each figurine. I dont know if there are more boxes but i dont think so. But there are more bird figurines in the same style with a base.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 9:29 am

I saw also that any Azur birds have the same molds like the Elastolin birds (woodpecker and Erimitenvogel( a kind of humming bird)) and also some Prior fishes and Azur fishes looks very very similar.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Very interesting ! One of those topics it can be great to find when you need it Very Happy Applause

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Very interesting Andreas. study

In these old molds they made beautiful birds.

Many years with marvellous models.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 3:35 pm

here you can see pictures of Azur figurines from a seller

i am not sure that all are really Azur but i think so.

Here is a pic of a vintage set of Hong Kong bird figurines.

I bought that on ebay.de. As you can see are any figurines very very similar. And i got a Ehrmann (Yoghurt rand) figurine in the past from Froggie. Also that eagle is in a other colour a Azur figur.
There are also very very similar figurines between Azur and Prior fishes. And Elastolin fishes and cheap vintage give aways. I will share some pics soon.

At the moment i know around 50 different figurines only of the birds in that 2 styles(with and without a base). Than there are also any fishes.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Here are the different birds, as i said before, i think 50 different figurines or more. ( I dont have all)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 12:01 pm

all the fishes

some are marked with Prior, but Azur fishes are not marked but often the same fishes

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 12:52 pm

individual comparisons fishes

Elastolin and give away made in china

Elastolin, Azur and give away

Azur and give aways

unmarked Prior and Azur

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 1:14 pm

individual comparisons birds

Ehrmann (Yoghurt?) and Azur

Elastolin and unknown

Azur and unknown

Azur and Elastolin. After years i identify the Elastolin bird (Erimitenvogel) as a humming bird Phaethornithinae

Azur and Elastolin

Azur, Elastolin and unknown (look at the base)

Azur and unknown

Azur, Elastolin and unknown

Azur (largest model) and 3 unknown (look all 4 have differences)

Azur and unknwon

Azur and unknown

unknown and Azur (same mold, different size)

2 Mandarin ducks (both Azur

both unknown

As you can see there sometimes very small differences in the mold of the figur or in the size.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyTue Mar 27, 2018 12:51 am

Really interesting comparisons, Andreas! It is easy to see how complex is this world of premium figures and you have branded versions too. That's a whole world to be explored. Very Happy

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 12:07 am

I’d really like any of these figures.
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 am

widukind wrote:
here you can see pictures of Azur figurines from a seller

Can you tell me the name of the seller? They might still have a few in stock!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 10:38 am

Very good and useful job Andreas!! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Apr 15, 2021 5:24 pm

Caracal wrote:
Very good and useful job Andreas!! cheers cheers Applause

Thanks

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 2:48 am

so many of these bird figures and the fish!
I love them

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 5:18 am

sunny wrote:
I love them

Oh yes, there are many. If you have some more, please Show us

Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 12:14 am

widukind wrote:
sunny wrote:
I love them

I only have a few and think they are already shown. My collection is nearly all packed away but when I get the birds out next time I will take photos and update here Andreas.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 12:48 am

Are the fish in the original post bettas?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:11 am

scratch Think they're lyretail killifish. One of the annuals.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 2:38 pm

sunny wrote:
widukind wrote:
sunny wrote:
I love them

I only have a few and think they are already shown. My collection is nearly all packed away but when I get the birds out next time I will take photos and update here Andreas.

bounce bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown EmptyMon Oct 31, 2022 5:51 pm

ah, thank you Kelly!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown Empty

Back to top Go down

Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next