Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problemsunny Time to bring your SUGGESTION for the SUY of March sunny

Share | 

Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Long time ago i got in a original box any Elastolin figurines from a serie called "Wassertiere". A other serie was "Birds of the world". All these figurines was only marked with made in Hong Kong. Last month i got some Prior figurines, very very similar. But they are marked with Prior, different painted and a littlle little bit smaller. There are also other similar figurines made for Azur.

I think it was a mold in Hong Kong and a factory produced for any brands. The same thing like Nayab.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by widukind on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Interesting,Andreas. study

where are these molds ? hopefully someone back to life.

SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Very, very interesting !!!! Thankyou, Andreas Applause

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:38 pm

You're entering a very interesting subject! Hong Kong vintage companies were known from copying European brands but the real story may be different and much probably they manufactured figures to be sold by different brands as Nayab did. Hard to know the truth but these comparisons may be of help. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Many thanks. Here are the Elastolin sets. There was 10 different figurines with a paper inside of each box and 6 of each figurine. I dont know if there are more boxes but i dont think so. But there are more bird figurines in the same style with a base.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:29 am

I saw also that any Azur birds have the same molds like the Elastolin birds (woodpecker and Erimitenvogel( a kind of humming bird)) and also some Prior fishes and Azur fishes looks very very similar.

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Very interesting ! One of those topics it can be great to find when you need it Very Happy Applause

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Very interesting Andreas. study

In these old molds they made beautiful birds.

Many years with marvellous models.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   Today at 3:35 pm

here you can see pictures of Azur figurines from a seller

i am not sure that all are really Azur but i think so.

Here is a pic of a vintage set of Hong Kong bird figurines.

I bought that on ebay.de. As you can see are any figurines very very similar. And i got a Ehrmann (Yoghurt rand) figurine in the past from Froggie. Also that eagle is in a other colour a Azur figur.
There are also very very similar figurines between Azur and Prior fishes. And Elastolin fishes and cheap vintage give aways. I will share some pics soon.

At the moment i know around 50 different figurines only of the birds in that 2 styles(with and without a base). Than there are also any fishes.

PostSubject: Re: Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown   

Back to top Go down

Comparison between Prior and Elastolin and Azur and unknown
Page 1 of 1