Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem.................. Very Happy Give your suggestion for the SUY of February :Click here Very Happy

Share | 

Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hello, this is my review and size comparison of the biggest Breyer foal. Camila aka Foalzilla is first (and yet also only) in the new big scale 1:6. Released in mid 2014, sculpted by Kitty Cantrell originally as a resin "Raspberry" (stock horse filly) in 2001. Thanks to Breyer is now available in plastic in three different variants of glossy red dun pinto (extended overo - 4 of 6, medium overo 1 of 6, minimal overo 1 of 6). Shipped randomly by Breyer. Czech seller of Breyers doesn't ship them randomly, but they have only the most common one. Which I probably like the most.

I really like the sculpt: lovely young filly, few days (or maybe few hours) old, with long legs, which she is only learning how to use. The head has typical profile of a young foal. Let the photos speak themselves:

She is full of details, such as visible ribs, wrinkles, fur in ears:
And most remarkable detail is her tongue sticking out:
But she has no chestnuts, and it that scale I would also expect details like bellybutton (as it is a very young foal), udder and anus with vulva (what for example some much smaller CollectA foals have).

She is my first glossy, although I prefer matte finish, I think the gloss fits to her, as the size make the model unique and also thanks to lot of white the shining is not disturbing. I asked the seller to choose a lighter one, if possible, as the red dun foals are creamy at the start of their life. They sent me nice shaded one, with visible leg stripes and dorsal stripe:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
What I really don't like are the eyes of my Camila. I don't care about the strange white toyish dot in the middle of black or pink eye-whites. But her eyes aren't painted very carefully. One has an area of unpainted coat colour and the other is vertical more than horizontal:

Well, nobody's perfect. And she looks great in handmade halter (not by me) and she will look great in western show halter I've commissioned for her.

And finally the size comparison, so you can see how big she is: from left to right: Breyer SM unpainted foal, Schleich Hanoverian, CollectA Hanoverian, Breyer Classic Dartmoor (Hansel mold) and Traditional Cozmic One (Gilen mold). She is not only tall, but huge. I unfortunately haven't any adult traditional yet. But according to YouTube, she is a bit bigger than Winter Song.
And just all Breyer sizes except Mini Whinnies:

This was my first walkaround, so I hope it was useful.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by onatello on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:46 pm

You preformed a brilliant walk around! You're providing lots of interesting informations, your observations about the figure being presented, your atention to detail and great pictures with the always useful comparison pic. cheers cheers
I hope it is a start of other equally great walk arounds from you. Very Happy
I am impressed with its size, I didn't know about 1:6 scale Breyer figures. Are there fully grown horses in that scale too? It may result huge! Thanks for your wonderful topic and congratulations for acquiring such a relevant and fragile lokking foal figure. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:25 am

Great walkaround with super photos. Your big baby is really cute - I've never seen all those details on the photos the shops provided. Especially the tongue is just adorable.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:38 am

This is the most lovely model of a foal I have ever seen cheers I love you

Thankyou for the wonderful walkaround !!! Applause

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:02 am

Thank you very much, I'm happy you like my walkaround. :-)
I'm also impressed by the size. And I hope there will be more foals in this series, so she can have friends. There is no adult horse by Breyer in this scale, and not any other foal except the other colour variants of Camila. I guess they tried to bring a new series but it wasn't that succesful. I have seen lot of big models on czech mode horse shows, but none of these collecters had Camila. And some collectors are complaining about the scale, that she is too tall for a foal. But I definitely love it, she is really lovely and maybe one of the cutest model foals. The size and the glossy finish makes her extraordinary. And Roger is right, she looks fragile, be it because of it's a young foal or because of delicate details.

Last edited by onatello on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Nice pics :)

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Nice pics :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:51 pm

I'm also impressed of the size. And I hope there will be more foals in this series, so she can have friends. There is no adult horse by Breyer in this scale, and not any other foal except the other colour variants of Camila. I guess they tried to bring a new series but it wasn't that succesful. I have seen lot of big models on czech mode horse shows, but none of these collecters had Camila. And some collectors are complaining about the scale, that she is too tall for a foal. But I definitely love it, she is really lovely and maybe one of the cutest model foals. The size and the glossy finish makes her extraordinary. And Roger is true, she looks fragile, be it because of it's a young foal or because of delicate details.

Yes, she looks a very young foal. Maybe it is hard to have a commercial feasibility in such a large scale. 1/6 is really big for a figure, a medium sized horse (15 hands], would result in a figure of 10 inches at the withers, around 25 cm. That's a very big figure actually! Shocked

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:19 pm

I'm also impressed of the size. And I hope there will be more foals in this series, so she can have friends. There is no adult horse by Breyer in this scale, and not any other foal except the other colour variants of Camila. I guess they tried to bring a new series but it wasn't that succesful. I have seen lot of big models on czech mode horse shows, but none of these collecters had Camila. And some collectors are complaining about the scale, that she is too tall for a foal. But I definitely love it, she is really lovely and maybe one of the cutest model foals. The size and the glossy finish makes her extraordinary. And Roger is true, she looks fragile, be it because of it's a young foal or because of delicate details.

Yes, she looks a very young foal. Maybe it is hard to have a commercial feasibility in such a large scale. 1/6 is really big  for a figure, a  medium sized horse (15 hands], would result in a figure of 10 inches at the withers,  around 25 cm.  That's a very big figure actually! Shocked

I can understand that it's hard to have a commercial feasibility in this scale. Even this "little" girl is consuming quite a lot of space. She measures about 24 cm in ears. So maybe because of this it was supposed to be a foal series. And I still think it's a good idea, to keep it as a special series of big glossy foals. I'm curious if they bring a new one. (Some bucksin colt would be nice Wink )

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Having both the original artist resin "Raspberry" and a Camilla, I can say the AR is a bit taller than the plastic.  1/2" to be exact.  The original doesn't have genitalia either.  But then, the original was sculpted in 1999.  At that time it wasn't common to sculpt correct genitalia on model horses.  There many older molds, both resin and plastic, with no "bits" underneath!  I have a Breyer QH Gelding I show as a mare because there's not even a bump to show it's supposed to be a gelding!  And, after checking my collection for Breyer foals of all sizes, the only one with chestnuts is Le Fire.
Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:10 am

Having both the original artist resin "Raspberry" and a Camilla, I can say the AR is a bit taller than the plastic.  1/2" to be exact.  The original doesn't have genitalia either.  But then, the original was sculpted in 1999.  At that time it wasn't common to sculpt correct genitalia on model horses.  There many older molds, both resin and plastic, with no "bits" underneath!  I have a Breyer QH Gelding I show as a mare because there's not even a bump to show it's supposed to be a gelding!  And, after checking my collection for Breyer foals of all sizes, the only one with chestnuts is Le Fire.

Thank you, those are very interesting informations! I remember older Schleich male supposed to be stallions are just geldings. And I've also heard, that's a question of casting and molding, it's rather difficult to produce anatomicly correct mare with un udder.
Le Fire is unique figure, I definitely wanna have some on this mold.

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camilla - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:50 am

I looked up at the top shelf above my computer and realized I have a foal by another company about the size of the Breyer Camilla - a Marx Thundercolt.  I took down my Thundercolt and compared it with Camilla.  Camilla has much better detail than Thundercolt and she's a little taller and longer than the Marx foal.

I then went looking for an adult horse of the same scale as Camilla in my collection.  I found a Marx Thunderbolt, 3 huge flocked horses and 2 ceramics.  The best of the lot is a Hagen Renaker Nataf.  You can see a Nataf in the 21st panel down here:
I don't think Breyer can get the rights to this one!

As soon as I can figure out how to use my new phone and post pictures, I will post pictures of the foals and adult horses of the same scale.
scratch
Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:18 am

I looked up at the top shelf above my computer and realized I have a foal by another company about the size of the Breyer Camilla - a Marx Thundercolt.  I took down my Thundercolt and compared it with Camilla.  Camilla has much better detail than Thundercolt and she's a little taller and longer than the Marx foal.

I then went looking for an adult horse of the same scale as Camilla in my collection.  I found a Marx Thunderbolt, 3 huge flocked horses and 2 ceramics.  The best of the lot is a Hagen Renaker Nataf.  You can see a Nataf in the 21st panel down here:

As soon as I can figure out how to use my new phone and post pictures, I will post pictures of the foals and adult horses of the same scale.  
scratch

Wow, you must have an amazing and also large collection, I didn't even know there are adult horses in this large scale. I tried to google Thundercolt and Thunderbolt, and found this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The foal is lovely, but Camila is definitely more detailed and realistic. I absolutely love her.
The Hagen Renaker horses are also very nice, and Nataf is really handsome. I can see some resemblance with Breyer Classic Arabians, Proud Arabians and Family Arabians and as it is written on the page, there were some law issues with Breyer copying the designs Shocked

Good luck with your new phone, I'm looking forward to your photos of big horses cheers

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:00 am

scratch

Wow, you must have an amazing and also large collection, I didn't even know there are adult horses in this large scale. I tried to google Thundercolt and Thunderbolt, and found this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The foal is lovely, but Camila is definitely more detailed and realistic. I absolutely love her.
The Hagen Renaker horses are also very nice, and Nataf is really handsome. I can see some resemblance with Breyer Classic Arabians, Proud Arabians and Family Arabians and as it is written on the page, there were some law issues with Breyer copying the designs Shocked

Good luck with your new phone, I'm looking forward to your photos of big horses cheers

There's another equine in the Johnny West series.  Pancho is a pony; I've seen one customized into a very nice-looking Fjord.

The main problem with the tack which came with the BotW horses was the vinyl tack reacted badly with the styrene.  It would either glue itself to the horse or it would leave indentations on the horse.

Most of the early classic Breyers were made from Hagen Renaker molds.  Breyer had an agreement to produce certain molds in plastic.  They are the the Arabian family, the racehorses (Kelso, Man O War, Swaps, Silky Sullivan, Terrang), the Quarter Horse family, and the Mustang family.  So if you look at all the pages in the Hagen Renaker museum, you'll see a lot of familiar equines!

And, yes, I do have a large collection. Very Happy  I haven't counted the herd for a few years, but the last time I counted I had 2500.  Not just Breyers though - all makes, all sizes, and all materials!  Everything from a teeny-tiny black Preiser foal to a giant white Battat horse. Shocked

If you've got lots of time to kill, there's a reference site called Model Horse Gallery:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  It's well worth taking time to read all of the pages!  Never know when you'll find something important!
Back to top Go down
onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 pm

There's another equine in the Johnny West series.  Pancho is a pony; I've seen one customized into a very nice-looking Fjord.

The main problem with the tack which came with the BotW horses was the vinyl tack reacted badly with the styrene.  It would either glue itself to the horse or it would leave indentations on the horse.

Most of the early classic Breyers were made from Hagen Renaker molds.  Breyer had an agreement to produce certain molds in plastic.  They are the the Arabian family, the racehorses (Kelso, Man O War, Swaps, Silky Sullivan, Terrang), the Quarter Horse family, and the Mustang family.  So if you look at all the pages in the Hagen Renaker museum, you'll see a lot of familiar equines!

And, yes, I do have a large collection. Very Happy  I haven't counted the herd for a few years, but the last time I counted I had 2500.  Not just Breyers though - all makes, all sizes, and all materials!  Everything from a teeny-tiny black Preiser foal to a giant white Battat horse.   Shocked

If you've got lots of time to kill, there's a reference site called Model Horse Gallery:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  It's well worth taking time to read all of the pages!  Never know when you'll find something important!

OMG! 2500! That's pretty impressive! I have about 100 horses and about 60 farm animals and dogs and I'm now run out of space. (But I live in small room) And do you name all your horses?
I'm definitely going to spend some time reading and watching Model Horse Gallery, there's always some time to kill (especially when you're busy and have lot thigs to do Very Happy )

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround   

Back to top Go down

Breyer Camila - Springtime Filly 1:6 walkaround
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1