Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Places to get model horses in Holland?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
whitestones

avatar

Country/State : England
Age : 45
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 67

PostSubject: Places to get model horses in Holland?   Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm off to Holland on holiday shortly and will be staying near Zandvoort, we will be visiting Amsterdam and a few other places while we are there. Smile
Are there any places that are worth visiting that sell a good range of model horses or animals?
Large Toy shops or Markets etc.

Also, where would be the best place to see/visit real horses? Studs/Farms/Shows etc ... any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any help cheers


_________________
Jackie Radwanski
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
NightLioness
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.
Age : 27
Joined : 2013-11-04
Posts : 4690

PostSubject: Re: Places to get model horses in Holland?   Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Nice! Hope you will have good weather here... Wink

If I hear Amsterdam, I immediately think of Gone With The Wind.
http://www.gonewiththewind.nl/
Address:
Vijzelstraat 22
1017 HK Amsterdam

They sell a good quality of CollectA, Papo and Schleich Very Happy

I don't know any other shops nearby that is worth looking into.
I am also not a big horse fan that I do know open studding farms or such.

Fijne vakantie! Very Happy


_________________
~Karin~
Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
Dum_my

avatar

Country/State : Nederland
Age : 25
Joined : 2013-10-24
Posts : 1325

PostSubject: Re: Places to get model horses in Holland?   Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:37 pm

You can go to :
''Intertoys'' and ''Bartsmit'' for an good amount of schleich usealy.

But i really don;t know open stud farms.
If there are horses and its called ''manege'' it is almost every time free to enter.

But Dutch poeple are extreem privet around there horses.
So i would not recommand going up to every horsestudfarm you see.
Not that they are going to shoot you ore someting, but they don't like straingers around there horses.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9810

PostSubject: Re: Places to get model horses in Holland?   Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:33 pm

As for the toy shop, I can only recommend what Karin already did: "Gone with the Wind" in Amsterdam.

When do you go? In September there are few interesting events in Ermelo, for example, Horse Event and later Clydesdale/Shire show in the same place.
Also, later this year, in October (15th October) on a beach of Callantsoog there will be Friesian horses beach ride, with over 300 Friesian horses riding together. This ride is organized every 2 or 3 years.

I do think there are more of smaller shows and events, specially dedicated for different breeds or disciplines, but it must be checked locally or via the website of breeding associations. I can try to help finding something if you like Smile

_________________
Anna
Horse and Bird
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
whitestones

avatar

Country/State : England
Age : 45
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Places to get model horses in Holland?   Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 pm

@NightLioness wrote:
Nice! Hope you will have good weather here... Wink

If I hear Amsterdam, I immediately think of Gone With The Wind.
http://www.gonewiththewind.nl/
Address:
Vijzelstraat 22
1017 HK Amsterdam

They sell a good quality of CollectA, Papo and Schleich Very Happy

I don't know any other shops nearby that is worth looking into.
I am also not a big horse fan that I do know open studding farms or such.

Fijne vakantie! Very Happy


Thank you so much for your reply Very Happy
I'll try and find Gone with the Wind, CollectA Papo and Schleich are what I'm looking for :)

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
whitestones

avatar

Country/State : England
Age : 45
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Places to get model horses in Holland?   Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:11 pm

@Dum_my wrote:
You   can  go to :
''Intertoys'' and  ''Bartsmit'' for an good amount of schleich usealy.

But  i really don;t know open stud farms.
If there are horses  and its called ''manege'' it is almost every time free to enter.

But Dutch   poeple are  extreem   privet around   there  horses.
So i   would not recommand going  up to every horsestudfarm you see.
Not that  they are  going  to  shoot  you ore  someting, but they don't like straingers  around there horses.

Thank you so much, I'll try and track down those two Very Happy

Oh, I won't be just popping in to anyone private studs or farms ... more like admiring from afar lol
Just wondering if there was any one part of the country that was famous for it's horses ... if we are heading that way I can keep an eye out for horses in the fields Wink

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
whitestones

avatar

Country/State : England
Age : 45
Joined : 2013-04-11
Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Places to get model horses in Holland?   Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:15 pm

@Ana wrote:
As for the toy shop, I can only recommend what Karin already did: "Gone with the Wind" in Amsterdam.

When do you go? In September there are few interesting events in Ermelo, for example, Horse Event and later Clydesdale/Shire show in the same place.
Also, later this year, in October (15th October) on a beach of Callantsoog there will be Friesian horses beach ride, with over 300 Friesian horses riding together. This ride is organized every 2 or 3 years.

I do think there are more of smaller shows and events, specially dedicated for different breeds or disciplines, but it must be checked locally or via the website of breeding associations. I can try to help finding something if you like Smile

I'm really going to try and find Gone with the Wind Very Happy
We go in early September. The Friesian beach ride sounds amazing I love you I love you I love you

Thank you for your offer, I don't think we will have to much time for shows, sadly Crying or Very sad

_________________
Jackie Radwanski
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.britishequinecollectorsforum.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Places to get model horses in Holland?   

Back to top Go down
 
Places to get model horses in Holland?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Introducing - Copperfox Model Horses
» Julip model horses
» Carol Williams and Deb Brown website?
» Mojo Fun Fjord mare by Daria
» The MOJO FUN 2012 Buckskin Quarter horse walkaround by Kikimalou

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collector's life-
Jump to: