Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!

Go down 
+43
Tupolew Tu-154
costicuba
Komodo Dragon
Bloodrayne
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
Bowhead Whale
Farm collector
MartinH
Dutch Bear
Kiryuha
Gwaine
NightLioness
Ana
shadoweon
Roger
Florian
barracudacat
Saarlooswolfhound
JamesPanda
john2xtheman
sbell
halichoeres
bjarki12
sphyrna18
Geospiza fortis
terrorchicken
arafan
Kikimalou
Gulogulo76
Night Elf
Novathekittycat
donny ong
LeeAnn
lucky luke
Juan Andrés
Iuri97
ze_neto
SeanieP
WhiteLightning Wolf
LukaLeon085
SUSANNE
Takama
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Wonderfull animals for my collection!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 6:32 pm

Already a big thank you for these pictures ... Very Happy cheers cheers Smile
Wing of the world .... fantastic harpy some reflection to add is beautiful, Cool bounce cheers :d
Blue-footed Booby: jewelry Cool
Albatros white legs ??? scratch
great apes - monkey monkey monkey except orangutan "exceeded" affraid
Hoffmans delighted Sloth Very Happy
Prairie dog it was time .... cheers
Dingo happy but not thrilled. Rolling Eyes
Boa cool
I like carabao Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 7:55 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Quote :
Dinosaurs
Microraptor
Psittacosaurus
Feathered T.rex as you have seen in promotion poster
Feathered Velociraptor
Einiosaurus
Coelophysis
Parasaurolophus
Giganotosaurus
Deinocheirus
Diplodocus

I hope this turns out to be true.  An Einiosaurus is very high on my wishlist.  It would make such as distinctive looking figure.

That is an accurate list, yes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 8:16 pm

I'm really excited to see a moon bear and, again, the kermode bear! I think the new caribou and sable antelope look really nice, too. Looks like a pretty good year!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 9:30 pm

I just have to say...that list of pictures looks incomplete. There are soooo many more dragons. So many dragons...

Also, some minis, some toobs, another mythical, and of course the prehistoric ones...

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Some nice stuff :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:17 am

I am a little disappointed that so many of the models I was excited for are either WW or Incredible Creatures models (since I just don't have space or money for too many of them, despite how wonderful they clearly are). Also, is the sable antelope a new model? All I can think of is if its been updated paintjob wise but I don't see anything different. Otherwise, not too many new repaints and I'm ok with the Kermode bear, especially the dingo and moon bear! bounce

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:44 am

Ok, here is my reaction to the regular line animal models (I'm excited to see more dinosaurs and others as well).
I'm happy with the farm breeds they chose, I think they did a pretty good job choosing somewhat new but still somewhat familiar looking animals. I'm not sure I like the style though for the cows or horses, but the carabao and pigs and dogs are great in particular.

The wildlife is fantastic. First and foremost, the dingo, moon bear, caribou, Kermode bear, and harpy eagle are my favorites. But really, almost all are unique models not made before or are really well made from what I can tell. The ocean life too I like, the leatherback turtle and penguin are most exciting for me, and I will probably have to get the frog toob.

The fantasy (what we've seen) is a bit exciting also. I'm not the biggest fan of their dragons, but the Pegasus foal and hobbit are models I have to get (I'm a huge Tolkien nerd and that model reminds me of the 70's animated movie). And of course, I love dinosaurs though I don't get to collect them as much, so that's something to look forward to!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:57 am

So many beautiful figurines and new species / breeds. Safari is getting better. I hope the painting is good. Asiatic black bear, Carabao, Guernsey cow, Berkshire pig, Hampshire pig, Kermode bear, Hoffman's two-toed sloth, and Ayrshire cow for me.
I want the dingo but I think the legs are too big. I also want the Kookaburra, Blue-footed booby, and Harpy eagle, but again, the legs and the feet are too big. (Or is it just me? What do you think guys?)

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:31 am

I was all hyped up like most of you. But after a good night sleep Laughing I again looked at some photos and I must say; Safari, where is your anatomical skill? o.0 Dingo's legs are too big. If you look at their coyotes, and other canines for that matter, there is a major difference in the thickness of the legs! Also, the arctic hare, case of a 'weird looking critter' here. And the worst is the Highland bull, like what the heck where they thinking?! That is not a bovine, it is a disaster...
I'm ranting these days XD

Of course that are plenty that I want! Dingo (with or without the thick legs), Harpy eagle, Kookaburra, Blue-footed Booby, Husky and maybe the Carabao cow/bull.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:51 am

sbell wrote:
I just have to say...that list of pictures looks incomplete. There are soooo many more dragons. So many dragons...

Also, some minis, some toobs, another mythical, and of course the prehistoric ones...

I think it is complete now. I ignored some non animals once the first post may turn "unloadable". Laughing
Now, those non animal figures are links to pictures. Such a long list of releases actually.

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:59 am

I am very interested in the new safari ltd range. I will definately allow some of them to move in!

So far on my wishlist are: Bluefooted Booby [teehee she said boobie], Giant Albatros, Harpy Eagle, Laughing Kookaburra, River Otter, Boa, Squirrel Monkey, White-tailed Buck, Berkshire Pig, Fjord, Knabstrupper, Husky

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:12 am

The laughing kookaburra, dingo, and husky are at the top of my list. I really love the Incredible Creatures (or is it Wildlife Wonders?) Arctic fox. I just wish they had made a smaller model of it first.

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:36 am

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
The laughing kookaburra, dingo, and husky are at the top of my list. I really love the Incredible Creatures (or is it Wildlife Wonders?) Arctic fox. I just wish they had made a smaller model of it first.

They do make one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:46 am

sbell wrote:

They do make one:

.. and still a smaller one from their Arctic TOOB and the crazy retired Authentics Arctic fox. Laughing
By the way, I know some dragons are still missing but their pictures are not yet available. Sad

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 1:41 pm

sbell wrote:

They do make one:

I do have that one. I was just hoping they would have made this new one on the same scale as their current one. Very Happy

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:04 pm

At first I thought they mislabeled the Philippine bovine as a caribou. Laughing  I had never heard of this cattle breed before, learn something new every day.

I mostly collect dinosaurs, birds and some of the mythical figures from Safari but its interesting to see their other figures.
I wish Safari would add more texture to their sculptures. also they tend to apply ther paint too thickly. I wish they'd learn to use more gradients and washes.

I love the Antarctica toob, with the WR toob would make a very complete mini Antarctica collection!

Quote :
I want the dingo but I think the legs are too big. I also want the Kookaburra, Blue-footed booby, and Harpy eagle, but again, the legs and the feet are too big. (Or is it just me? What do you think guys?)

yes i noticed they make many of their bird's legs too thick, like with the mockingbird. Maybe its for stability?

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:47 pm

I have a question for all of you. IS a Carabu different then a Reindeer? IS so then i will not buy the new Carabu model, because i think the current Reindeer is perfect

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Technically speaking yes it is different. A caribou is essentially the wild version, where as a reindeer is a domesticated animal. Both have many different subspecies. You can google it.

Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Im disappointed that the Kermond Bear is a repaint of the Black Bear i alredy have. but since its a sub species of the Black bear i might not get it. The Moon bear is great, and the Sloth and birds are must haves(yes im keeping the safaris i was trying to sell)

Im also disappointed that the Alligator was a Wildlife Wonders model and not a standerd Wild Safari model. though the Inclusion of a Artic fox makes me eager to suggest some new species fro them for that line.

Back to top Go down
terrorchicken

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Technically speaking yes it is different. A caribou is essentially the wild version, where as a reindeer is a domesticated animal. Both have many different subspecies. You can google it.

interesting, I thought they were the same animal but with different names according to region. Like how moose is called elk in Europe. study
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Reindeer-caribou differentiation is a bit complicated as far as I can tell. But basics are caribou seem to be bigger, the antlers are different, and coloration is usually different. From my understanding, it's kind of similar to the water buffalo and domesticated version(s). Someone who knows them better can probably explain better than me, but again google can help a little bit if you are interested. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Reindeer is a name used to European populations of the species while caribou is the name used to North American subspecies. These populations show significant diferences as Paige explained and one of them is that caribous are clearly larger. Although we can call reindeer to all of them, we can never call caribou to European specimens. I think Safari is trying to represent different animals as Bullyland did some years ago once they call it . Rangifer tarandus caribou - that is a subspecies commonly known as migratory woodland caribou.

Here is the picture of the mighty and scary Peace Dragon, Draco pax as Safari call it in a funny way. Dragons of North America are really... funny! Laughing

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:20 pm

terrorchicken wrote:
At first I thought they mislabeled the Philippine bovine as a caribou. Laughing  I had never heard of this cattle breed before, learn something new every day.

I mostly collect dinosaurs, birds and some of the mythical figures from Safari but its interesting to see their other figures.
I wish Safari would add more texture to their sculptures. also they tend to apply ther paint too thickly. I wish they'd learn to use more gradients and washes.

I love the Antarctica toob, with the WR toob would make a very complete mini Antarctica collection!

Quote :

yes i noticed they make many of their bird's legs too thick, like with the mockingbird. Maybe its for stability?

Not just the legs, but also the feet - huge.  Shocked
And I just noticed that the Guernsey and Ayrshire cows don't have dew claws. Sad

Last edited by donny ong on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Well, we have reindeer in the far north of the North American continent as well, but I suppose that they could be brought here for ranching by the natives of the region. I watched something once where a caribou and reindeer were in the same frame, and the caribou had a completely different build and was taller. But it is an interesting comparison.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next