Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!

Go down 
+43
Tupolew Tu-154
costicuba
Komodo Dragon
Bloodrayne
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
Bowhead Whale
Farm collector
MartinH
Dutch Bear
Kiryuha
Gwaine
NightLioness
Ana
shadoweon
Roger
Florian
barracudacat
Saarlooswolfhound
JamesPanda
john2xtheman
sbell
halichoeres
bjarki12
sphyrna18
Geospiza fortis
terrorchicken
arafan
Kikimalou
Gulogulo76
Night Elf
Novathekittycat
donny ong
LeeAnn
lucky luke
Juan Andrés
Iuri97
ze_neto
SeanieP
WhiteLightning Wolf
LukaLeon085
SUSANNE
Takama
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 5:37 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
From my understanding, it's kind of similar to the water buffalo and domesticated version(s). Someone who knows them better can probably explain better than me, but again google can help a little bit if you are interested. Very Happy Very Happy

Wow ! I was going to give the example of the water buffalo too ( cause I see them when traveling in the interior villages across India ) the wild water buffalo are now too few ( found mostly only in Eastern end of India-Bengal, I seen similar species of wild water buffalo in the Flores Isles in Indonesia) ( again like the Bengal Tiger and the Siberian Tiger , African Lion - Asiatic Lion) !

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 6:31 pm

An impressive lineup of birds!
And hey, the request for monkey models have been heard widely, as I see Wink

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Oh my Darwin!!!
A Kermode bear??? Realy???
That is so cool.
I have never ever seen a figure of this subspecies.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Again not sure about the moonbear, because of this single image.
As always i realy need to see both irl.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Just to point out:
My avatar is a Salish native American spirit bear, aka Kermode bear.
What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 1:31 am

They have some interesting dragons, although they are of minimal interest to me. I'm not sure what to think of the more cartoony ones. They are cute and they do have a market, but they're not the kind of thing I'd ever buy. If I ever got one, it would be one of the large, scary, and detailed ones. Something very stereotypically "dragon" without a type attached.

I finally got to see the Einiosaurus silhouette and it looks amazing! He has a very dynamic pose. I still love the T rex and I like the look of the Kronosaurus and diplodocus as well. There are just too many good dinosaurs this year.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 2:21 am

I think this topic is entirely updated now. If you notice anything missing just let me know. Very Happy It worth to revisit all the figures this great company is releasing this year! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:54 am

Dutch Bear wrote:
Just to point out:
My avatar is a Salish native American spirit bear, aka Kermode bear.
What a Face

WOW !!! It is even more beautyful when we know what it is Very Happy And next year you will have a model of one, I am sure cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 am

Roger wrote:
I think this topic is entirely updated now. If you notice anything missing just let me know. Very Happy It worth to revisit all the figures this great company is releasing this year! cheers

Thankyou, dear Roger cheers flower

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:04 am

Just an idea, - is it possible to split the first pictures-part into two or more ?

It takes about 75 seconds for the pictures to appear with my slow connection, but it feels like hours Embarassed
I can split them, but not make them re-appear at the top of the topic scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Pictures need to be downloaded, resized and uploaded as usual. After it I believe the topic will load faster, though, it takes some time actually. I'll try to do it when possible, unless someone is patient enough to do it. Very Happy

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 8:04 pm

The Safari site is down.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Roger wrote:
Pictures need to be downloaded, resized and uploaded as usual. After it I believe the topic will load faster, though, it takes some time actually. I'll try to do it when possible, unless someone is patient enough to do it. Very Happy

Ok, no , please don't bother then...it will take so much more time than waiting a little while to see the pictures Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:42 pm

I believe now you can see all pictures. I reduced it to the essential and now only animal pictures are uploaded. Those are 25k pics, so I believe it won't be a problem to watch them now. About Fantasy lines, they're not forgoten. I'll upload them later or open a new topic for them. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 2:42 am

I opened a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to all dragons and other fantasy figures where you can see this Jungle Dragon below, presented today as the last of the dragons, together with all other fantasy figures.

10150 Jungle Dragon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 5:49 am

I kinda like that one. It's a unique idea at least.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 8:47 am

Thankyou, Roger cheers

And now I can see the pictures very fast !!! Applause flower

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Nice dragon.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 9:24 pm

All these dragons... Sleep And not even an Australian or a Chinese water dragon Crying or Very sad

Is it me or some pictures have a digital touch' like the Moon bear or the Unau ? nevertheless, I'm glad to see new species with new molds like the Sable antelope, the Orangutan and the frogs Laughing

Seriously, the howler, Hoffmann's Two-Toed Sloth and some birds will be very welcome on my shelves. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 1:28 am

Kikimalou wrote:
All these dragons... Sleep And not even an Australian or a Chinese water dragon Crying or Very sad

Yes, some water dragons would be fantastic! However, we have to credit them for releasing a long time ago some sea dragons, komodo dragon, dragonflies, dragonfish and still a bearded dragon! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I am so glad you can see pictures easily without waiting so long as before! Very Happy

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 3:10 am

I want also a water dragon with a whale tail fin. ^^

When will we see the dinosaurs?

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Exciting News from Safari :)
- For the Moon-Bear, I have to compare it with the one from Bullyland, that I already have. The Bullyland is a nice one, even it seems a little to big.
- Same with the new sloth. I´ve already the Mojo Sloth. I have to look if it is the same subspecies. And even when, will it be an expensive year when I try to make differences between the subspecies.scratch
- The same for the Caribou, where I already have one from Bullyand. Still today, I thought that a Caribou=Reindeer. Have to check now the different figures study
- For the howler monkey, I have to post a question in the: What is this please? thread^^

The Birds look really nice and the Harpye Eagle is a must have. The Cattle-Breed is also nice, I now learned that there are 74 different Waterbuffalo-Breeds :O For the toobs, I think a need the frogs :)
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 3:04 pm

Shocked Shocked What is going on with Safari horses??? Shocked Shocked 2017 are... horrible No No No

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Why haven't they announced their dinosaurs already??
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 4:00 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
The Bullyland is a nice one, even it seems a little to big.
- Same with the new sloth. I´ve already the Mojo Sloth. I have to look if it is the same subspecies. And even when, will it be an expensive year when I try to make differences between the subspecies.scratch
- The same for the Caribou, where I already have one from Bullyand. Still today, I thought that a Caribou=Reindeer. Have to check now the different figures study
- For the howler monkey, I have to post a question in the: What is this please? thread^^

Mojö's and Safari's sloths intend to represent two different species from the same genus. I am not sure Safari is really taking correctly the typical markings of a Hoffmann's two-toed sloth but they are in terms of taxonomy classification as different as a tiger and a lion. For species collectors both are very interesting, two-toed-sloths are really rare in toy shape and it is even rarer that companies try to make it to the species level. I am personally glad that Safari was careful enough to release a different species from Mojö's. Very Happy
Caribou and reindeers is a different question. F.i. All African lion subspecies are lions, though, an Asiatic lion is not obviously an African lion. However, they are all the same species. When a brand releases a lion to the species level, it is a Panthera leo and that's all we know, however, if a company makes an Asiatic lion, we have a Phantera leo persica, a lion but up to the subspecies level. Safari caribou is a Rangifer tarandus caribou a subspecies known as woodland caribou and that is referent to some populations of caribous found in Canada. It also represents the largest subspecies of caribou, thus, of all reindeers.
The old Safari reindeer is a generic figure representing Rangifer tarandus, we obviously
could make an effort to assign it to a certain subspecies but we can also use it as a Santa Claus reindeer. santa So, this 2017 figure is a step forward in Safari's range "speciation " and apparently, also a step forward in terms of sculpting quality.
On the other hand, we have the howler monkey that Safari assigns to Genus Alouatta but makes no reference to a particular species. I believe someone on forum is able of identifying it. monkey

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Roger wrote:

On the other hand, we have the howler monkey that Safari assigns to Genus Alouatta but makes no reference to a particular species. I believe someone on forum is able of identifying it. monkey

Black howler (Alouatta caraya) or Guatemalan black howler (Alouatta pigra) I guess scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next