Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!

Go down 
+43
Tupolew Tu-154
costicuba
Komodo Dragon
Bloodrayne
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
Bowhead Whale
Farm collector
MartinH
Dutch Bear
Kiryuha
Gwaine
NightLioness
Ana
shadoweon
Roger
Florian
barracudacat
Saarlooswolfhound
JamesPanda
john2xtheman
sbell
halichoeres
bjarki12
sphyrna18
Geospiza fortis
terrorchicken
arafan
Kikimalou
Gulogulo76
Night Elf
Novathekittycat
donny ong
LeeAnn
lucky luke
Juan Andrés
Iuri97
ze_neto
SeanieP
WhiteLightning Wolf
LukaLeon085
SUSANNE
Takama
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Roger wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
The Bullyland is a nice one, even it seems a little to big.
- Same with the new sloth. I´ve already the Mojo Sloth. I have to look if it is the same subspecies. And even when, will it be an expensive year when I try to make differences between the subspecies.scratch
- The same for the Caribou, where I already have one from Bullyand. Still today, I thought that a Caribou=Reindeer. Have to check now the different figures study
- For the howler monkey, I have to post a question in the: What is this please? thread^^

Mojö's and Safari's sloths intend to represent two different species from the same genus. I am not sure Safari is really taking correctly the typical markings of a Hoffmann's two-toed sloth but they are in terms of taxonomy classification as different as a tiger and a lion. For species collectors both are very interesting, two-toed-sloths are really rare in toy shape and it is even rarer that companies try to make it to the species level. I am personally glad that Safari was careful enough to release a different species from Mojö's.  Very Happy
Caribou and reindeers is a different question. F.i. All African lion subspecies are lions, though, an Asiatic lion is not obviously an African lion. However, they are all the same species. When a brand releases a lion to the species level, it is a Panthera leo and that's all we know, however, if a company makes an Asiatic lion, we have a Phantera leo persica, a lion but up to the subspecies level. Safari caribou is a Rangifer tarandus caribou a subspecies known as woodland caribou and that is referent to some populations of caribous found in Canada. It also represents the largest subspecies of caribou, thus, of all reindeers.
The old Safari reindeer is a generic figure representing Rangifer tarandus, we obviously
could make an effort to assign it to a certain subspecies but we can also use it as a Santa Claus reindeer. santa So, this 2017 figure is a step forward in Safari's range "speciation "  and apparently, also a step forward in terms of sculpting quality.
On the other hand, we have the howler monkey that Safari assigns to Genus Alouatta but makes no reference to a particular species. I believe someone on forum is able of identifying it. monkey

Ok with the sloth, I didn´t know that there are more species^^ Thought that the species is called two-toed-sloth, but thanks for the lesson study For the Reindeer, I have to look which sculpture I have. I can remember that Bullyland made a difference between reindeer and Caribou. But as I said, when I look after subspecies too, I will become very poor Very Happy Nevertheless, the asiatic lion is on my searchlist, so I have to rethink my collecting methods^^
Yeah, I think kiki is right with his guesses. The black howler would be the obvious one. But in my collection, I´ve a monkey that I labeled as black howler, however it seems to be another species...the question is: what species? :O

Edith: my question is answered: it seems, that my primate is a nayab black capucin. So thanks to TAW, the black howler will be on my list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Yes there are two families of Sloth, the Two-toed and the Three-toed, and they are so diferent that they can't produce some young if you mix them up. Like for example a Pygmy and a Common Hippo, or a Okapi and a Giraffe. And maybe we'll see a Three-toed Sloth in the near future, let's hope for Schleich.

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 8:55 am

New preistoric animals are avaible on Safari ltd Facebook!!! A black Microraptor and a Parasaurolophus!!

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Hello everyone:D I,m so exited about the new farmanimals. At last someone made some new breeds of pig and dairy cattle cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Topic is now updated with the exciting microraptor and the parasaurolophus.

Microraptor
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Parasaurolophus

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

On the other hand, we have the howler monkey that Safari assigns to Genus Alouatta but makes no reference to a particular species. I believe someone on forum is able of identifying it. monkey

Black howler (Alouatta caraya) or Guatemalan black howler (Alouatta pigra) I guess scratch

Whoelse more to identify a monkey? Laughing A black howler seems to be quite plausible. cheers

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Coleophysis. A triassic dinosaur.

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Quote :
Topic is now updated with the exciting microraptor and the parasaurolophus.

Quote :
Coleophysis. A triassic dinosaur.

Thank you for posting these images.  It's great to see a first glance at the new dinosaurs!  I'm really impressed with the Coleophysis and Microraptor.  The Coleophysis has very natural looking coloration and I love that they made him feathered.  The Microraptor is colored a bit too plainly, but I can hardly complain when the sculpting is so well done.  Both resemble very up to date restorations of their respective species.

However, I'm not impressed with the Parasaur.  He seems much too bulky and big headed for his species.  I would recommend the much more graceful Terra/Battat version instead.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 9:27 pm

FINALLY!!! A NUDIBRANCH!!!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 9:29 pm

Dutch Bear wrote:
Oh my Darwin!!!
A Kermode bear??? Realy???
That is so cool.
I have never ever seen a figure of this subspecies.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Again not sure about the moonbear, because of this single image.
As always i realy need to see both irl.

Interesting, this fact about your avatar!
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 10:26 pm

And now Safari Ltd. has the Quetzalcoatlus up on their site. Very Happy
Safari seems to be revealing two new models a day for their Prehistoric World line.

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Quetzalcoatlus:

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 12:37 am

Love its delicate built, very plausible in my opinion. A real Tupolew. By the way, the topic is now updated and thanks for pointing me to news as soon as they're presented on Safari FB page. Very Happy

... by the way, will this link show a kronosaurus? Laughing study

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 1:49 am

Very Happy

Safari, where are the rest from the dinosaurs?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:40 pm

The microraptor and the coelophysis are really tempting me.

The first one is so different from the Carnegie one, so... Modern looking. I love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Today it was posted a tylosaurus! Is it a new release? scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:59 pm

Roger wrote:
Today it was posted a tylosaurus! Is it a new release? scratch

Yes it is, the last Tylo was a Carnegie Wink

Roger wrote:
Love its delicate built, very plausible in my opinion. A real Tupolew. By the way, the topic is now updated and thanks for pointing me to news as soon as they're presented on Safari FB page. Very Happy

... by the way, will this link show a kronosaurus? Laughing  study

Again, this pic have a digital touch scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Hahah, the kronosaurus is showing! Laughing Thanks for your reply Christophe, now the first post is updated with both tylo and krono. Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:12 pm

I understand what you are saying, Kikimalou.
The Kronosaurus sculpt is very smooth and the painting very refined.
Very different from what we are familiar with when it comes to Safari ltd. figures.
Very different, but very good looking. bounce

And apparentley it's going to be pretty large:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Larger and more expensive than the tylo, even if a Tylosaurus was a bigger animal than a Kronosaurus What a Face
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:45 pm

Maybe Safari ltd. is starting some sort of Increcible Creatures line for the prehistoric?
Twice as dead, twice as big, twice as expensive. What a Face

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 1:06 am

I think they want to give a liopleurodon look to that creature and use the monster effect from any of these documentaries that turned these creatures popular. Though, it will result inconsistent if they are from the same exact line of figures.

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 5:54 am

The Tylosaurus was inspired by a Golden Tegu According to Doug Watson, the man who sculpted it.

Very fitting as Mosasaurs are literally giant lizards that lived in the ocean.

After seeing this years crop of animals im tempted to Collect some non Dinosaurin models in my Wild Safari Collection.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 6:48 am

Takama wrote:
The Tylosaurus was inspired by  a Golden Tegu According to Doug Watson, the man who sculpted it.  

Very fitting as Mosasaurs are literally giant lizards that lived in the ocean.

I understand the idea but a Golden tegu doesn't live in the ocean as a super predator, I would prefer a "convergent evolution" painting.
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 4:44 pm

These are some gorgeous looking marine reptiles! I especially love the Kronosaurus and I like him even better now that I'm told he'll be a larger figure. As you said though, the drawback is the price. I may have to forego this one in favor of some of the others I'm interested in.

Quote :
I understand the idea but a Golden tegu doesn't live in the ocean as a super predator, I would prefer a "convergent evolution" painting.

This does seem like an odd choice now that I think about it, but it does work. It's still reminiscent of an orca or tiger shark. My concern is it looks a little too much like the Carnegie Kronosaurus.

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Feathered Velociraptor

He is awesome. :)

Giganotosaurus

Feathered Tyrannosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next