Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!

Go down 
+43
Tupolew Tu-154
costicuba
Komodo Dragon
Bloodrayne
widukind
Duck-Anch-Amun
Bowhead Whale
Farm collector
MartinH
Dutch Bear
Kiryuha
Gwaine
NightLioness
Ana
shadoweon
Roger
Florian
barracudacat
Saarlooswolfhound
JamesPanda
john2xtheman
sbell
halichoeres
bjarki12
sphyrna18
Geospiza fortis
terrorchicken
arafan
Kikimalou
Gulogulo76
Night Elf
Novathekittycat
donny ong
LeeAnn
lucky luke
Juan Andrés
Iuri97
ze_neto
SeanieP
WhiteLightning Wolf
LukaLeon085
SUSANNE
Takama
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 10:50 pm

Thank you Bryan!

NightLioness wrote:
I almost commented on the video; Why an albatross in a similar position as CollectA has made this year and why a white tailed-deer just like Papos?

I found the Reindeer very similar to Papo's as well to be honest.
Something about the pose and colours.
But the mind always plays tricks on us.
Maybe I just see something familiar in a figure because it reminds of some other figure I saw before and really liked?
Papo makes a lot of figures I really really like.
If other companies want to try and "copy" Papo poses or paintjobs, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Cool

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 10:52 pm

I'm not impressed by anything at the moment, but who knows maybe there are some more figures. The albatross looks a little too smooth, but it doesn't looks bad. The deer also isn't something really new, but it doesn't look that bad. Also the monkeys seem to be fine.

Oh and if you click on the gear-wheel in the cleat, you should find a button where you can slow down the velocity of the video. :)

terrorchicken

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2016 11:56 pm

I love that green foresty looking dragon in the beginning. The new dinosaurs look very nice... and is that an Amazon river otter? good stuff coming next year!
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 12:36 am

arafan wrote:
I'm not impressed by anything at the moment, but who knows maybe there are some more figures. The albatross looks a little too smooth, but it doesn't looks bad.
I think the albatross and hawk could be part of a toob.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 1:08 am

The albatross is not really exciting me, I also am not sure if it is a standar figure or one of these new larger toob figures. Also, it looks a wandering albatross like CollectA's, doesn't it? About open wings, that's always the chosen pose for an albatross, they should have made a giant petrel instead. The falcon doesn't look impressive either but I think I am very excited witht the blue-footed booby, it look really nice. bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 3:18 am

I'm pretty sure the "falcon" is a Red-tailed Hawk (Buteo jamaicensis) - just look at that belly band haha!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 5:38 am

I don't think the albatross is a copy of the CollectA, if you think about it the wingspan is that birds crowning signature and its something you would want to use that to your advantage (and since its white the detail just may not be showing, but it could be a model for a specialty line of theirs, and the same goes for the red tailed hawk). The caribou is somewhat similar to papos, though I don't think the deer is necessarily. This one is more accurate (and this one has the chinstrap that most other brands ignore), the tail is up, the antlers look more appropriate, and it has a longer face and leaner body.

I for one am fairly excited to see more. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 6:56 am

As someone who just viewed the (still secret) 2017 offerings...the video didn't capture most of them.

For example--thirteen prehistoric animals! Some revised toobs that...have something new in some of them? 14 Incredible Creatures, which should please everyone at least once. Soooo many dragons; some 'personality' ones, some repaints, some new and awesome.

I won't even try to spoil the 'gargoyle' mentioned above. But I know that no one would guess it.

There are some really great wildlife figures too...and...and...and...

I don't know when it is all being released as info--they are giving 'release dates' for the product as pretty soon...!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 7:18 am

Sbell i shared your post on the DTF. Hope you dont mind.
:)

Honestly I hope that a new Line of Dinosaur models is coming out. And i hope most of the 13 new ones are a part of that line. Because what i saw of the dinosaurs made so far blows everything from the past few years out of the water.

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 7:26 am

Takama wrote:
Sbell i shared your post on the DTF.   Hope you dont mind.

Honestly I hope that a new Line of Dinosaur  models is coming out.  And i hope most of the 13 new ones are a part of that line.  Because what i saw of the dinosaurs made so far blows everything from the past few years out of the water.

As far as I can tell, they're just the new models. But they are amazing.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 8:09 am

sbell wrote:
Takama wrote:
Sbell i shared your post on the DTF.   Hope you dont mind.

Honestly I hope that a new Line of Dinosaur  models is coming out.  And i hope most of the 13 new ones are a part of that line.  Because what i saw of the dinosaurs made so far blows everything from the past few years out of the water.

As far as I can tell, they're just the new models. But they are amazing.
What are the odds of one of the remaining 7 models to be revealed being Styracosaurus? Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:08 am

Very nice new models from Safari. I also like the Blue Footed Booby, it looks very good and realistic. Can't wait to see more news Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:55 am

Already thank you for the information! Very Happy
monkeys, seem to me very well monkey Applause
the birds, especially the mad réjuissent me it feels to see me better, albatrosses and kokabura and the raptor! bounce drunken
I noted a Kermode bear, cheers
who rejoice very much because I intended to paint a model for this year I hope it is not a repaint but a new model! bravos! Wink
I looked forward to your images and ... jocolor
antelope, shook well as coming Smile study
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 2:39 pm

Takama wrote:

That page seems very limited!

It's too bad that they revealed the big green thing already. That one would have driven people crazy trying to guess!

Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 3:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can you tell wheter there will be a new line or not?because the carcharodontosaurid in the video and the Diplodocus doesn't look like Doug's style.
Also I'm confident there will be a Deinocheirus and a ceratopsian.
Really loving the Tyrannosaurus,Velociraptor and Quetzalcoatlus so far.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 3:47 pm

sbell wrote:
Takama wrote:

That page seems very limited!

It's too bad that they revealed the big green thing already. That one would have driven people crazy trying to guess!
Aww man! I wanted to guess! But I am surprised and it's a unique idea. Good job for safari.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 7:31 pm

Juan Andrés wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can you tell wheter there will be a new line or not?because the carcharodontosaurid in the video and the Diplodocus doesn't look like Doug's style.

I can't say anything for certain about what is there.

But I don't think it's too much to say that there is no indication of a split into two prehistoric lines or anything like that. Just a little more variation in the line itself. Make room on the shelves!

Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 1:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Bigger models,perhaps?
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 17, 2016 2:03 am

I'm glad to see the Kermode bear! It will be fun to have different color phases of the American black bear!
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 3:13 am

sbell wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:

But I don't think it's too much to say that there is no indication of a split into two prehistoric lines or anything like that. Just a little more variation in the line itself. Make room on the shelves!
In response to a question on whether or not the new Tyrannosaurus will be part of a new larger scale model series on Safari Ltd.'s Facebook page,they replied that the only true scale model series that they will still have is the Monterey Bay Aquarium marine life line,so the new prehistoric models will be apparently be part of the Wild Safari Prehistoric World line.I expect the new models to still be the same sizes in general as the models in the Wild Safari line have been the last few years,but the change in style to even sharper and more fine detail suggests that the Wild Safari Prehistoric World line has gone from being the second tier line to the higher end Carnegie Collection to being the high end line itself. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 3:21 am

john2xtheman wrote:
sbell wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:

In response to a question on whether or not the new Tyrannosaurus will be part of a new larger scale model series on Safari Ltd.'s Facebook page,they replied that the only true scale model series that they will still have is the Monterey Bay Aquarium marine life line,so the new prehistoric models will be apparently be part of the Wild Safari Prehistoric World line.I expect the new models to still be the same sizes in general as the models in the Wild Safari line have been the last few years,but the change in style to even sharper and more fine detail suggests that the Wild Safari Prehistoric World line has gone from being the second tier line to the higher end Carnegie Collection to being the high end line itself. Very Happy

There will be some big ones, not going to lie. But as I said, there is no obvious split into different lines or new lines or anything like that.

Safari is actually trying a few unique-to-their-line this year!

Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 4:43 am

sbell wrote:
john2xtheman wrote:
sbell wrote:
Juan Andrés wrote:

There will be some big ones, not going to lie. But as I said, there is no obvious split into different lines or new lines or anything like that.

That's interesting.I wonder which ones will be bigger than the others...we will find out soon enough. Very Happy

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 5:10 am

Big dinosaurs? I hope so.

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 10:09 pm

sbell wrote:

Now that's what I like to hear.

For the Behemoth, I got here too late to guess, but I would have probably guessed the Second Beast from Revelation, Job wouldn't have occurred to me. Figured it had to be Biblical the way you hinted.
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!   Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2017 new releases with pictures... complete!!!
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next