Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Does anyone know this dog?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

Does anyone know this dog? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 8:32 pm

I got a new batch of animals today ( which I'll show later, they are used so then I always wash them before anything!) Amongst them was this supercute German Shepherd. I just love his face so much! But what brand is he? His size and material reminds me of AAA, but he is not marked? Who knows?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:06 pm

If it is a large figure and the same as this one it is a AAA. study

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Isn't it Toy Major ?

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:16 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Isn't it Toy Major ?

Yes, the figure I am showing is a Toy Major, my mistake, sorry! I saw it was a TM and I wrote AAA, fantastic croc I am. geek Thank you! flower

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:24 pm

It's clearly the same dog, but in different colors, and the material is the same rubber as the AAA. So since it's not marked, I guess it's a copy?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 9:45 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Isn't it Toy Major ?

Is Toy Major not marked with TM?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 1:14 am

widukind wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Isn't it Toy Major ?

Is Toy Major not marked with TM?

Yes they are. But as Anne says, it may be a copy - a very nice copy scratch

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 1:20 am

There's another possibility. When some of these brands produce figures to large stores like Toys'r'Us or so, they often sell them without brand marks and painted in different colors. Obviously I don't know if it works like that with Toy Major but the fact is that it is not rare to find some recognizable Toy Major figures without their TM logo.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 2:44 am

I know it by clothes. Chinese makers work for the factorys and later (after work) they work again for himself. So the only different is sometimes a lable. Could it be possible the same for figurines?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 2:55 am

Thank you so much! In any case he´s a super cute dog, a little big compared to what I have before, but he goes well with the AAA dogs. Maybe I should dare to try to fix his nose??

A question, what material are the Toys Major made of?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 8:52 am

I know hollowcast plastic Toy Major and also solide pvc as some major brands. I have a very heavy TM fox actually.

widukind wrote:
I know it by clothes. Chinese makers work for the factorys and later (after work) they work again for himself. So the only different is sometimes a lable. Could it be possible the same for figurines?

It may be possible but it happens everywhere. Though, I was not talking about it. I was suggesting that the original design/product is from Toy Major and other companies, brands, stores, pay to Toy Major allow them to use their products, manufactured in Toy Major facilities but with slightly different specifications according with the client. I suspect that as Nayab, AAA, Chap Mei, Wing Mau, etc., Toy Major is also a ODM/OEM company. Hard to explain how it works but, for instance, Wild Republic often has their figures manufactured by other companies. That's perfectly legal and it is common in several kinds of products.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Roger wrote:
...... Hard to explain how it works but, for instance, Wild Republic often has their figures manufactured by other companies. That's perfectly legal and it is common in several kinds of products.

Ohh, yes ! It is a bit of a jungle.
I think all the Schleich ( and lately Papo ) models made in Portugal are manufactured by Maia & Borges ?
And now Nayab owns AAA Shocked
Animal Planet sells Mojo, and.so on ... scratch Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 3:25 am

Roger wrote:
I know hollowcast plastic Toy Major and also solide pvc as some major brands. I have a very heavy TM fox actually.

widukind wrote:

It may be possible but it happens everywhere. Though, I was not talking about it. I was suggesting that the original design/product is from Toy Major and other companies, brands, stores, pay to Toy Major allow them to use their products, manufactured in Toy Major facilities but with slightly different specifications according with the client. I suspect that as Nayab, AAA, Chap Mei, Wing Mau, etc., Toy Major is also a ODM/OEM company. Hard to explain how it works but, for instance, Wild Republic often has their figures manufactured by other companies. That's perfectly legal and it is common in several kinds of products.

Yes, i know. And it wasnt a statement by me, only what it could be :) I was a seller if i was younger and i learned a lot there. A lot of things are produced in other countrys.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know this dog?   Does anyone know this dog? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know this dog?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: What is this please ?-
Jump to: