Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Mandrill photoshoot

Go down 
+13
Admin
SUSANNE
remrock02
baltimore zoo
Roger
ken yeo
Gabe
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
atabini
alexmotoc
Wildheart
skysthelimit
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:26 am

Only if Honey badger gets a place in production list Laughing

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 am

Put the honey badger on the list!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:26 am

One thing I would do for all you hoofstock fans out there, is make 1-3 gazelles in a walking position(each slightly different), so you "hoofers" can buy 15 of them)or as many as your little ruminant hearts like) and make a herd : ) I'll even make a couple of gnus and zebras like that too!
You "hoofers" won't know what to do with yourselves!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:52 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
One thing I would do for all you hoofstock fans out there, is make 1-3 gazelles in a walking position(each slightly different), so you "hoofers" can buy 15 of them)or as many as your little ruminant hearts like) and make a herd : ) I'll even make a couple of gnus and zebras like that too!
Very Happy Very Happy
Well, if we're starting a brand we'd have to make loads of different species of birds and animals and maybe even sea life too.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:55 am

And siamese cats cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 am

Maybe Ragdolls, but no Siamese, just messin' we'll do some Siamese...lol

Sealife's fine, but lets get the land mammals first!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:20 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Maybe Ragdolls, but no Siamese, just messin' we'll do some Siamese...lol

Yes, Ragdolls also cheers
They are adorable, and in a way just the catty opposite to siamese Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

Excellent idea, Africa is packed with beautiful creatures, maybe a little top list could be made...
There's a nice list here, but they forgot the honey badger Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:44 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

Ah ah.

Please if we make a new brand, we must do it like Balti said : "no copycatting" First.

So maybe a Caracal, a serval, a clouded panther and abolutely no lions, tigers, leopards because it's true that each companies made the same boring animals Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Maybe we should start with a new serie

Animal collectors:

From France
From Netherlands
From Serbia
From Great Britain
From USA
From ............................................

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 pm

I'll second caracal cheers
Really, somebody should select, let's say 20-25 animals and we could vote for top ten

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:54 am

Hey K,
It's not that the companies keep making them(lions, tigers, leopards), it's just they are not imaginative enough about what positions they are made in! For example. I think all collectors would be happy with a male lion lying upside down, paws and legs spread out, a tiger lying in a resting position(head up, looking alert) or a leopard on a thick acacia log(the log could be sold separately . Plus, everyone seems to like the new 2011 young lioness : )
So I'm definitely for some new animals, but I would also like some repositioned big cats! Just like you would like some new positioned hoof stock!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:23 am

You mean a lion like this ? Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A tiger like this ? Laughing

Or like that ? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:57 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Hey K,
It's not that the companies keep making them(lions, tigers, leopards), it's just they are not imaginative enough about what positions they are made in! For example. I think all collectors would be happy with a male lion lying upside down, paws and legs spread out, a tiger lying in a resting position(head up, looking alert) or a leopard on a thick acacia log(the log could be sold separately . Plus, everyone seems to like the new 2011 young lioness : )
So I'm definitely for some new animals, but I would also like some repositioned big cats! Just like you would like some new positioned hoof stock!

B... alti Wink I was just kiddin...

By the way, I would not like some new positionned hoff stock, because I'm not a hoff only collector.
Also, I don't expect anything from European companies... So I have a few good surpises every years. They make toys for kids and not for us.
The only companies I'm really waiting for are SAFARI Ltd and the Japanese ones. With those ones I can expect something really new.
In Japan, they made " collector items" for kids.
For me "land mammals first" is not something really new.
I bought the PAPO young lioness because she is beautiful but I never anxiously waiting for one
Something really new would be South America's fauna : NOT 10 different jaguars ! But one ocelot for you, an amazon dolphin, a good kapybara (thank you Safari cheers ), kodkod, pudu, marsh deer, tapir, birds and monkeys...
Something new could be a New-Guinea birds set or a "Calao of the world" set, a "Whale evolution" set...

I have a little bit more than 1800 models at home which represent 700 different species. For me the most important number is the second one.
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:46 am

Yes, I would love a lion like that !!!!!!!!!!! Now that's inventive and extremely creative(the wildebeest skull, AWESOME!)! I also would love a tiger like the one in the first pic on the right!
So now I see your passion. That's getting as many species. That doesn't matter to me as much as the quality
and all in the same scale(the entire line, like the Britains zoo animals). Yes, I would love a Papo South American series(Baird's Tapir, Capybara, Amazonian River Dolphin and a Giant River Otter)!
Your whale evolution idea is wonderful as well! I'd like to see a Pleistoscene set with American lion, Short Faced Bear and a Columbian Mammoth!
Papo are you listening?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:18 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
So I've come to realize, that despite enjoying the most of the product(animal figures), I will never be truly satisfied until a company makes a line of animals that are all in the same scale, so that when put in the same display look proportional.

You're right Baltymorezoo!
As I told in another forum, my favourite animal is the giant anteater! In fact I'm thinking in build a display based in this species! And nobody can think in an anteater display without showing ... ants!!!What a Face
Unfortunately all ants in the market are not at the same scale as my Schleich anteater, I'd loved a lot, like you, some ants, at the same scale and in slightly different poses to make a collony! Wink pale drunken Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Roger wrote:
baltimore zoo wrote:
So I've come to realize, that despite enjoying the most of the product(animal figures), I will never be truly satisfied until a company makes a line of animals that are all in the same scale, so that when put in the same display look proportional.

As I told in another forum, my favourite animal is the giant anteater! In fact I'm thinking in build a display based in this species! And nobody can think in an anteater display without showing ... ants!!!What a Face
Unfortunately all ants in the market are not at the same scale as my Schleich anteater, I'd loved a lot, like you, some ants, at the same scale and in slightly different poses to make a collony! Wink pale drunken Laughing

Roger-bert You are completely crazy Laughing Laughing Laughing wonderfully!!! cheers drunken bom
I will surely come to see Your display when it will be ready Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:05 pm

Hey Roger, since for now you can't have correct scale ants, how bout making a termite or ant mond, so you could place your anteater figures near it?
I have seen fake plastic ants(used for stupid pranks or Halloween display), which might not be too
close off to scale if a company like Safari LTD Wildlife Wonders made a Giant Anteater(7"-8" long?).
It's too bad they only made an Okapi and not some others for their awesome line, because making an anteater would have been cool!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:

So now I see your passion. That's getting as many species. That doesn't matter to me as much as the quality
and all in the same scale(the entire line, like the Britains zoo animals).

My passion is not getting as many species as possible, my passion is getting the animal figurines I like the most because I can't and don't need to buy all. Selection is important for me and quality also of course. It's funny because it seems I will have to explain my point year after year drunken
Quality is a very serious but very subjective matter.
I have only 46 lions, lioness and cubs but I used to have more. I guess 46 is enough... the younger is the 2011 Papo and the olders are the BF lions from the 1920's. I love all of them and think their quality levels are nearly the same ( maybe the Britains have a lesser quality level because the painter was often blind, but it's only my taste).
Models today are not better than older ones, they are only more modern.
Todays building have a lot of technology inside and are the reflect of our science, it doesn't mean they have a better quality level than the pyramids, Notre-dame de Paris or the Tower bridge.
It's the same for music, painting, cars and ... Maybe toys Wink
Where did I discuss with Kyrill about this ??? I can't find
I don't think it is only a point of view, it must be the truth. If I am wrong we can stop our hobby because collecting today's production and thinking they will be peanuts in 2040 lead us to be "desesperate collectors"

One word about the Britains scale, it's true this brand was nearly the only one which produced "nearly in scale" animals but their range was the smallest of the Majors of those days.

About the Papo mandrill, making one in the 1/20 scale means making a "toob size" figurine, which is not a good idea if you want to draw children attention I guess.

baltimore zoo wrote:

Yes, I would love a Papo South American series(Baird's Tapir, Capybara, Amazonian River Dolphin and a Giant River Otter)!
Your whale evolution idea is wonderful as well! I'd like to see a Pleistoscene set with American lion, Short Faced Bear and a Columbian Mammoth!
Papo are you listening?

I hope your are young Balti because IMHO you will have to wait a long long time Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:17 pm

I think the painting of the mandrill's face and eyes is not good nought, I hope the final version will be better.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:19 pm

I hope this IS the final version, I would hate buying almost the same animal once again...

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

...my passion is getting the animal figurines I like the most because I can't and don't need to buy all.

cheers

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:24 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
I hope this IS the final version, I would hate buying almost the same animal once again...

...But! If you make landscapes or dioramas (Me,Phil, Kiriuha and etc.) sometimes you,ll can need few the same models (if you have not other variations) for groups, syns, herds, packs, flocks, flights, school and fight compositions too. It, s bad? Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Sergey wrote:

...But! If you make landscapes or dioramas (Me,Phil, Kiriuha and etc.) sometimes you,ll can need few the same models (if you have not other variations) for groups, syns, herds, packs, flocks, flights, school and fight compositions too. It, s bad? Wink Laughing

That's another story, if someone wants 15 pieces of the same animal, by all means he should buy it. My comment was about versions, is it final or not. I would rather want that they make new monkey specie instead, not just changing posture or color...

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Roger wrote:

First Roger, you are beautiful today, bearded but beautiful Very Happy

Here is one of my dream too : A Blue whale model and some Krill models at the same scale and in slightly different poses. cheers Nowthe problem is to choose the right scale scratch Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Mandrill photoshoot   Papo Mandrill photoshoot - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Mandrill photoshoot
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next