Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please

Go down 
+10
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
pipsxlch
landrover
Jill
Bowhead Whale
Babdo
Jennypurr
SUSANNE
Roger
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please Empty
PostSubject: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Dear friends, trying to get as much information as I could from the Internet about Funrise horses. I could find that much probably there are 4 basic collections of 12 horses each. 2 from 1988, other from 1991 and another from 1994.
These horses are quite easy to identify once they are about 4 inches and they are marked with brand, breed, year and a letter.
I was able of listing the two earlier series  but it is being hard to find info about the two later series. If you have any information or pictures, it could be of big help.
I know they were also sold in pretty 16 pieces plastic cases where they mixed horses from different series but I'd rather organize them by series. They were very popular during late 80's and 90's among North American kids, so, maybe you have one of these among your childhood toys... Basketball

Please check below what is already listed. Only a few have pictures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Series 1

Paso Fino from BEatrice's collection.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Clydesdale from Susanne's collection

Series 2 from 1988

Knabstrupper from Susanne's collection

Last edited by Roger on Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:15 pm

WOW !!! So many rare horse breeds affraid

I surely hope that somebody has some of them bounce Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 1:59 am

Yes Susanne, it is impressive the amount of unusual breeds. Figures are rather simple but still nice. Here is a picture externally linked from an EBAY seller showing a set of 16 horses. Maybe it helps our American friends to remember about them. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 8:46 am

That is a wonderful case cheers

Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Funrise horses   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 4:54 am

Here's a decent picture of the black & white pinto:
Alas, there's no info along with the picture.  I'll have to query the people on a Yahoo list to see if any of them know more.

BTW, I have a few Funrise horses; no pictures of them though.

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyFri Sep 16, 2016 11:22 pm

Jennypurr wrote:
Here's a decent picture of the black & white pinto:
Alas, there's no info along with the picture.  I'll have to query the people on a Yahoo list to see if any of them know more.

BTW, I have a few Funrise horses; no pictures of them though.

Jennifer

Thanks for link and information, Jennifer. That horse from Alicia is the Pinto from 1998, 1st series. A picture is in fact needed but we only use pictures whose permission to be used is given to editors.
I think list of 1998 series are correct and complete, now we need to confirm, mainly, series from 1991 and 1994. So, if yours are marked with these years, could you please tell their breed marked on their bellies?
If you ever have the chance of taking individual pictures of them and you let us using them on Toy Animal Wiki, you can send them to my e-mail, which may be easier than posting here. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 9:04 pm

I found them for sale on Ebay uk, and there are :

Percheron (1988)
   Andalusian (1988)
   Appaloosa (1988)
   Arabian (1988)
   Brumby (1988)
   Clydesdale (1988)
   Danish Warm Blood (1988)
   Irish Horse (1988)
   Karabair (1988)
   Knabstrup (1988)
   Lipizzaner (1988)
   Morgan (1988)
   Mustang (1988)
   Palomino (1988)
   Paso Fino (1988)
   Pinto (1988)
   Polish Draft (1988)
   Saddlebred (1988)
   Tennessee Walker (1988)
   Thoroughbred (1988)
   Toric (1988)

Very interesting breeds among them study

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 11:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I found them for sale on Ebay uk, and there are :

Those were already listed though not pictured yet. So, if anyone get them... bounce bounce bounce
Also, the series 3 from 1991 is still not complete.

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 9:28 pm

Roger wrote:
Yes Susanne, it is impressive the amount of unusual breeds. Figures are rather simple but still nice. Here is a picture externally linked from an EBAY seller showing a set of 16 horses. Maybe it helps our American friends to remember about them. Very Happy

I find it amusing the 3 white horses on the bottom row are Missouri Fox Trotters which is not one of the listed breeds! Laughing

Should anyone want to know why I say those horses are Missouri Fox Trotters, look at the Breyer Missouri Fox Trotter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The legs are in the same positions!

Jennifer
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 am

Hello,
I have found some FUNRISE horses in my boxes, here the fotos I took to TAW.

Last edited by Babdo on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 9:55 am

Great, I see you already uploaded them on TAW. Yes, Funrise made a Brumby before Southlands and there's a Toric horse among these, the first representative of this Estonian breed. I will open a page for Toric breed if you do not do it meanwhile. study

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 11:57 am

Roger wrote:
Great, I see you already uploaded them on TAW. Yes, Funrise made a Brumby before Southlands and there's a Toric horse among these, the first representative of this Estonian breed. I will open a page for Toric breed if you do not do it meanwhile. study
Hello,
as I told you, I have more knowledge in modeltrains than in animals. But I have fun to help with fotos and listing animals in TAW.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Babdo wrote:
Roger wrote:
Hello,
as I told you, I have more knowledge in modeltrains than in animals. But I have fun to help with fotos and listing animals in TAW.
Benno.

Benno, your contributions are really precious. I opened a page for the Tori breed and added all others to their respective horse breed galleries.
When using your Toric horse with your trains, don't forget they use the Russian gauge in Estonia. Laughing Train model hobby is also fascinating, so nice that you use these models too even if these Funrise doesn't seen to match any traditional scale. I suspect they are somewhere between the 1:24 and 1:32 scales.

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyWed Apr 21, 2021 10:56 pm

Those are so cute!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 5:27 pm

I just have to say, I am very excited because I found two lots of these horses, some the much more common (in USA) set to replace my childhood one, but the others I had not heard of until I saw a picture of the pamphlet. I bought both and will get pictures, they have such an interesting breed selection, many of them I had to look up because I had never heard of them. I told my self I was going to wait to start looking for Funrise later, but when something falls into your lap, you have to pick it up I guess . . . Laughing

Now just waiting for them to arrive. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyFri Apr 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Jill wrote:
I just have to say, I am very excited because I found two lots of these horses, some the much more common (in USA) set to replace my childhood one, but the others I had not heard of until I saw a picture of the pamphlet. I bought both and will get pictures, they have such an interesting breed selection, many of them I had to look up because I had never heard of them. I told my self I was going to wait to start looking for Funrise later, but when something falls into your lap, you have to pick it up I guess . . . Laughing

Now just waiting for them to arrive. Shocked

Laughing This Funrise series is very interesting. I think an individual horse may not be so addictive but when you check the entire series, it is really amazing. Maybe you got both 1988 sets?
We never listed on TAW but there is also a little series of jumping horses.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 12:50 am

Roger wrote:

Laughing This Funrise series is very interesting. I think an individual horse may not be so addictive but when you check the entire series, it is really amazing. Maybe you got both 1988 sets?
Addictive is the right word!

The sets are still confusing me, so we'll see. The set I got in the case seems to be a blend of more than one series, but when they all arrive, I will look at them a little more closely.

Quote :
We never listed on TAW but there is also a little series of jumping horses.
Of course, always a little more to find, which I can't complain about!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 4:27 pm

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:

Addictive is the right word!

The sets are still confusing me, so we'll see. The set I got in the case seems to be a blend of more than one series, but when they all arrive, I will look at them a little more closely.

Don't be surprised. Some sets were re-released and actually a few of them mixed figures from different sets. If we follow what they have marked, we will be able of sorting them in a comprehensive way.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:46 am

Here are the ones I have. The first sixteen were sold together in an International Animal Collection brown and gold case (which I can also take pictures of, if that's needed). Interesting to me is that the ones I had as a kid are much harder/stiffer plastic. These are much softer and more pliable. They are otherwise the same, including the breed and letter designation on the stamp.

Some of these are already in this thread and on TAW, but I figured I'd show them altogether!

(I also included what I named them as a kid, if I can remember, because I was terrible at naming things and they still make me laugh. That information, in quotes, is not pertinent to figuring out the series.  Laughing )

Arabian A "Greyback"

Percheron A (also) "General Dad"

Thoroughbred B "Water"

Lippizaner D "Soap"

Andalusian D (also)  

Brumby E "Beans"

Morgan E "Apples"

Palomino F "Egg"

Irish Horse G  

Pinto G

Knabstrup H "Ninja"

Mustang I "Jennifer" --> named after my sister, actually

Tennessee Walker I (also)

Paso Fino J "Zipper"

Turkoman L "Taco"

Danish Warmblood N

The second lot included horses from the International Showhorse Collection poster, but are quite clearly sculpted a bit differently. Chunkier and even less anatomically correct, but extremely charming. I did not have any of these as a kid.

Murgese B

Don C

Quarterhorse D

Boulonnais F

Norkier G

Asiatic Wild Horse H (honestly, the main reason I bought this lot was to get this guy! Interesting that przewalski is considered a “show horse” haha)

Welsh Pony J

Basque K (love this one, too!)

And then there's this guy. I had him as a kid. He's smaller than the others with no breed listed, so I think he must be from some other Funrise set.

I have to say, comparing these to the poster images, the discrepancy between the paint job advertised and the paint job on the actual product is . . . overwhelming. I am tempted to paint duplicates to match the advertised colors, because many of them look so nice! Especially the poor dapple grays! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 1:03 am

It is midnight here but before going to bed, I really want to thank you all these great pictures. I will try to get them on TAW tomorrow.
About the last horse, it is from the Farm collection.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 1:25 am

Roger wrote:
It is midnight here but before going to bed, I really want to thank you all these great pictures. I will try to get them on TAW tomorrow.
I enjoy it! (Maybe too much!) I also have the friesian, but . . . his face and ears were chewed off by my dog, who had a violent taste for plastic horses, so maybe someday I'll replace that one. I figured that might not be the best example for TAW. What a Face

Quote :
About the last horse, it is from the Farm collection.
Oh perfect, thank you!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 3:21 am

Congratulations Roger, it is very important the job with TAW and you spend a lot of time on this.

cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:03 pm

Thanks Fernando for your support. Yes, it took me a long time to upload all of these on TAW but now they are there.
Though, some horse breed pages now are needed:
- Pottok
- Murgese
- Danish Warmblod
- Turkoman
- Irish Sport Horse

If the Irish Horse is supposed to be an Irish Sport Horse.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the funny part is really to read the names you gave to these horses. They have a story and it worth a lot that you also share these details with us. Those are the details STS tells that TAW does not. A Palomino called Egg is brilliant. Laughing
About the Friesian, if it is recognizable, we can use it until someone find a better photo to replace yours.
The Danish Warmblood is probably marked K instead of N. There's no horses marked N as far as I know and letters are similar.
Aren't the horses from the International Showhorse Collection poster, marked with year? 1991 perhaps?
Does the Noriker is mispelled Norkier? I remember a long time ago someone showing a horse, maybe it was a Noriker marked Norkier and we even thought it was the brand name. Laughing

As you pointed, this one is a wild animal, so probably one of the most interesting for our community. In your next photographic session, could you take a picture of it together with a Stablemate Mustang, Fjord, Icey or similarly sized horse?

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 12:29 pm

Horses still missing:

Series 1 - 1988
- Saddlebred H
- Karabair L

Series 2 - 1988
- Polish Draft B
- Friesian F

Series 3 - 1991
- Horse marked with "A"
- Brabant E
- Horse marked with "I"
- Avelignese L

Series 4 -1994
- All 12 horses missing

For fun, here is a Brabant for sale

An expensive Avelignese/Haflinger

The Saddlebred,

Here a lot with the Saddlebred and the Karabair

Here a Polish draft with two more

Here is a Friesian in a lot of 10

As I told, just for reference, these horses get expensive when bought individually once we can find them sold in lots.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 1:48 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Fernando for your support. Yes, it took me a long time to upload all of these on TAW but now they are there.
Though, some horse breed pages now are needed:
- Pottok
- Murgese
- Danish Warmblod
- Turkoman
- Irish Sport Horse

If the Irish Horse is supposed to be an Irish Sport Horse.
Looks great! The wiki is very meticulously kept and it's amazing. Thank you!

I do think the Irish Horse is meant to be an Irish Sport Horse.

Quote :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the funny part is really to read the names you gave to these horses. They have a story and it worth a lot that you also share these details with us. Those are the details STS tells that TAW does not. A Palomino called Egg is brilliant. Laughing
Laughing The original Egg (from a blister pack single) was with me for a very very long time, one of my oldest horse toys. Egg, Soap, and Water.

Quote :
About the Friesian, if it is recognizable, we can use it until someone find a better photo to replace yours.
I'll get a photo, then, and let you decide if he is worth putting up! He's recognizable, just no ears and chewed up head.

Quote :
The Danish Warmblood is probably marked K instead of N. There's no horses marked N as far as I know and letters are similar.
It is a K, you're absolutely right, I am not sure what my problem was with looking at K's yesterday.  Embarassed  Laughing I will blame it on looking at many many little toy bellies.

Quote :
Aren't the horses from the International Showhorse Collection poster,  marked with year? 1991 perhaps?
All the ones from the case are marked 1988, and all the ones in the second lot are marked 1991.

Quote :
Does the Noriker is mispelled Norkier? I remember a long time ago someone showing a horse, maybe it was a Noriker marked Norkier and we even thought it was the brand name. Laughing
Whoops, that was just a typo from me! It's spelled Noriker!

Quote :
As you pointed, this one is a wild animal, so probably one of the most interesting for our community. In your next photographic session, could you take a picture of it together with a Stablemate Mustang, Fjord, Icey or similarly sized horse?  
I definitely will! Unfortunately my G2 - 4 are all packed up right now, so it will have to be a G1.

Last edited by Jill on Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   horses - Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: