Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D

Go down 
+9
SeanieP
Fossa
LeeAnn
Bloodrayne
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Roger
Tupolew Tu-154
SUSANNE
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D Empty
PostSubject: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 3:19 pm

I got him ! I got him !! At last I got him ! And I am so exited and happy  bounce Very Happy

Trust CollectA to make not just a fantastic zebra, but they made A GREVY's zebra  cheers

Please allow me to introduce John-the-zookeeper welcomming  : Mr.  Grebra  cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see in this picture, the front leg is a bit bent .
It does not prevent Mr Grebra from standing, but after I took the pictures, I put the leg in hot water, and quite without me helping, it moved into the right position Very Happy

One funny little flaw  Very Happy
Equines have one tiny, often almost invisible rudimentary nail on the back of the fetlock, called an Ergot.
The artist of this model seems to have confused this with the two smaller toes on even-toed animals and has given him two ergots on each legs  Laughing
This happened to CollectA's donkey foals too, - they ought to learn it !!!
Well I must admit that the "Even or un-even" is quite impossible for me to remeber.
Much easier in Danish where we talk about "Hooves" and "Klooves", the latter referring to "Cloven hooves".  Laughing

But now to the beautyful, wonderful head of the zebra  cheers

Look at those ears drunken

The mane is another great detail, - the fuzzy ridge of the mane makes it look almost real Very Happy

And the muzzle !
Much better painted than it is in the catalogue Applause

Here he is with his Schleich friend :

And that is the end for now Wink

As always, the model is much more beautyful in real than on my pictures , but I hope you love him as much as I do Very Happy

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 3:39 pm

Wonderful zebra. He has much better painting, than their regular horses.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Grevy's zebras are the good example of what companies avoid. It has a really complex manufacturing pattern and simplifying it too much doesn't work or it will look like any other zebra species. It is also a heavy bodied animal over relatively slender legs. CollectA was really brave, manufactured it in very good style and with a huge quality level, both in painting and sculpting. The morphology is also very adjusted to the species represented and it is one of my longest wishes. ... and what happens when a masterpiece has a flaw? It looks much bigger than it really is in fact. However, if it is not very disturbing for that sculpt, it is a relevant mistake for an animal devoted company as it is CollectA. They studied correctly most of the particular features of a grevy's, the intricate striped pattern, the dorsal strip, but a simple feature common to all equines was completely neglected. Why am I giving so much importance to a little detail if I'd probably never notice it if it was not you? Because as far as we were informed, Numaan reported the donkey foal mistake to the company. Also, their wild ass is correct. Two things we can be sure of, one is that it is surely not a sculpt from Deborah, the other is that it won't prevent me in any way from getting it. Thanks for your great walk around and for showing what is surely one of the most exciting figures of 2016! flower

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 6:01 pm

A nice walkaround of a beauty :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Despite his funny feet, that is a beautiful zebra. Huge congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Thankyou, friends Very Happy

Roger wrote:
. ... and what happens when a masterpiece has a flaw?  

Perfect things must have flaws, or it brings bad luck Laughing

A funny story :
One of the Danish royal castles , Fredensborg from round year 1700, is stricly symmetrically built !
So when  the symmetrical black/white ( Talking of zebras) floor of the 15 x 15 meter dining room was layed down, the Architect made sure there was an error in the pattern Laughing
Can you find the error  ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 12:07 am

I agree with Roger.
CollectA brings to market a beautiful Zebra that no company has dared to make before, because of the delicate paintjob of its stripes.
And CollectA does a superb job.
They pull it off!
They did it!
They made a mass market figure with excellent stripes and still with a price affordable to most.

....and then they gave it rubber boots. scratch
Or at least, that's what it looks to me.

Fortunately the mistake of the hooves isn't really obvious from the side.
CollectA is probably getting away with this mistake.
Again.
Laughing

Thank you for the pictures Susanne.

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 1:05 am

He is gorgeous cheers cheers

He's got funny feet and an odd-shaped head but I still love him I love you Congrats my friend! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 1:17 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, friends Very Happy

Roger wrote:
. ... and what happens when a masterpiece has a flaw?  

Perfect things must have flaws, or it brings bad luck Laughing

A funny story :
One of the Danish royal castles , Fredensborg from round year 1700, is stricly symmetrically built !
So when  the symmetrical black/white ( Talking of zebras) floor of the 15 x 15 meter dining room was layed down, the Architect made sure there was an error in the pattern Laughing
Can you find the error  ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Laughing I love your stories, Susanne! You give us always a different point of view of these things. Very Happy
I think I've found the mistake in that wonderful palatian room. If I ever visit that place, I'll take my rubber boots as Simone metaphorized. Laughing
I marked it with a green rectangle. The black arm inside the rectangle should be furked. tongue
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 6:29 pm

thanks for sharing!!. this zebra has to be mine!!

looks gorgeous

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 7:34 pm

I love this zebra. I got three of them and also have two of Anna's. I will also have a foal soon that was specially made by Nepaim Hesev . So I will have a small herd soon and will take photos.

Susanne--I cannot help but notice your Schleich Zebra neck is not painted well? Mine has a few more stripes filling in the white.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Thankyou for your kind words , friends cheers

SeanieP wrote:
I love this zebra. I got three of them and also have two of Anna's. I will also have a foal soon that was specially made by Nepaim Hesev . So I will have a small herd soon and will take photos.

Susanne--I cannot help but notice your Schleich Zebra neck is not painted well? Mine has a few more stripes filling in the white.

I look very much forward to see your herd bounce

Interesting that your Schleich zebra has a better paintwork. Mine is Made in Germany, - where is yours made ? Very Happy

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 8:08 pm

Mine is made in China. Here is a pic.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 8:48 pm

What an enormous difference Shocked

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 8:53 pm

It is indeed an amazing figure ! Congrats Susanne sunny sunny

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Susanne fantastic photos around the model Very Happy Applause cheersqueen
amazing figure Cool
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Ooh, it is beautiful!

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 4:53 am

Thank you for the great walkaround Susanne :)
I also got mine and I`m very happy with it.
I want to share something interesting...I don`t know if this was discussed before, but it is about the paint job of this model....
Watching my model...Susanne`s zebra and the models from the other members...now I`m pretty sure, that the strips of the zebra are actually printed (some how) and not painted by hand.
The strips from all models are 100% the same - not even small difference  between the different models ... There is no hand which can do this.
And also there are some strange gray lines, which I see on Susanne`s zebra..and the same gray lines on the same plases on my Zebra.
You can see them for example here :

So, do you think also like me, that the strips are printed ?
..Or maybe, when you repaint too much tigers... you become crazy watching strips ...?!? Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 am

Costa the eagle-eye  cheers
I never noticed those grey lines before  Very Happy

You are almost certainly right !
Also look at the "square" ends of the stripes on the legs . I think that a pencil could not make that :

Has somebody connected the lines near the hoof by hand ? Is it the same on your zebra ?

Gosh, how I would love to see how such a printer works bounce

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 4:01 pm

Yes yes, on the legs, the strips on my zebra are exactly like in yours :)

Also here, on this photo, we can clearly see, how the strips are different.
The printed strips are clear lines...and then the under strips are made it by hand to connect them :)

SUSANNE wrote:

PostSubject: Re: The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D   The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion  88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The wonderful Grevy's zebra stallion 88773 from CollectA 2016 :-D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: CollectA :: CollectA walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: