Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Noah's Pals - size

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 am

Can someone enlighten me a bit about the Noah's Pals pairs - are there different series? Because now I have been looking through some pictures here on the forum, and they seem to be so different in size? For example the snow jaguars are just a bit smaller that the Papo one. But I just got the Golden Jackal pair, and I was really supreised at how tiny they are! I was going to buy more of the pairs, but not if they are all so small.

Anyway, the Jackals are up for grabs if someone wants them!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Anne, Noah's Pals contrarily to figures of major brands, are made in scale. Thus, they keep the real proportions between animals in a similar way to how it works in real. 1:24 means that measures of the figure are 24 times lesser than the real animal. Let's suppose a big male golden jackal 48 cm high at shoulders. In a toy, it will be only 2cm high once 48/24=2. Another way to work with scale is comparing it to a human figure. 1:24 is often represented for a human figure of 72 mm tall. So, you guessed, some animals to look proportionally correct with such a small figure will result tiny. Though, there is the other way round. Elephants, girafes and other large animals, to keep the correct proportions, will result larger than those from major brands. For example, considering a giraffe 4,80 m tall, it will result in a 20 cm tall figure.
Golden jackals are creatures that average 10 kg while snow leopards weigh around 45 kg, obviously there's a big variation, so to keep them in good size proportions, snow leopards need to be clearly larger than golden jackals. As the range is relatively extensive as you can see here! - obviously you will find some figures that have a size similar to major brands. I don't have them, except a pair of lions, so I can't tell which ones. Maybe moose, camel or something like that. Actually I like the golden jackal pair, especially female. :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Do you know the size of the CollectA mountain nyala? So i could share a pic of the Noahs Pals Mountain nyala pair and the CollectA version :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 7:43 pm

widukind wrote:
Do you know the size of the CollectA mountain nyala? So i could share a pic of the Noahs Pals Mountain nyala pair and the CollectA version :)

Yes please! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Anne from Norway wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes please! Very Happy

Here it is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 8:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:36 pm

Thank you!! See, those are still acceptable sizes, but the jackals I got are really miniature!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:57 pm

As I told, small animals will look small while larger animals will look similar to major brands. I've found some pictures on forum that may give you a better perception.

Noah's kinkajous with Schleich (previous) spotted hyena from Scott's collection

Jackrabbits with the Schleich Westie from Susanne' collection

Marabou storks with Westie again from Susanne's collection

Noah's zebra with Schleich zebra from Rom's collection

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 1:58 am

Sorry. Camera on this thing is poorer than usual.

Tiger with schleich tigers

With collecta snow leopard

Bush elephant with schleich african

With schleich lion/lioness

Sorry in the middle of reorganizing the house so things are a bit chaotic.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 10:10 am

Great comparisons, Laura cheers

Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 11:45 am

I understand what tou are saying, Roger, but if this is to scale that means that the jackal is smaller than the rabbit?! :-)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 12:58 pm

A couple of quick shots Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks, Susanne!
So they are too small for me, if anyone wants them let me know!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 2:20 pm

Very oportune pictures from Susanne, as you see, although not perfect, Noah's Pals made a very decent effort trying to keep animals in good scale. Very Happy
I am interested in these jackals, maybe we can trade, I'll pm you. Very Happy

Noah's Pals - size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noah's Pals - size   Noah's Pals - size Empty

Back to top Go down

Noah's Pals - size
Page 1 of 1