Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:03 pm

NOTE: All ideas for these unicorns were stolen from the internet.  Twisted Evil
None of them were invented by me. Just copied because I loved them so much.
I just wanted to see if I could sculpt something from scratch with polymere clay.
In the end I gave birth to 4 creatures.   Laughing
And I now I can honestly say that I like painting a model,
but sculpting a model sure is not my cup of tea.

First one to try was Pinecone: (notice the stolen art in the background! And where it goes horribly wrong....heheh.)

End result:

Second one was Merle:
(The pose is totally stolen from the internet.)
I read up on making wired skeletons and downloaded a horse example.

That turned into this:

That turned into that:

After painting I added some mohair:

Third one was Alexis.
I wanted to try out sculpting hair/manes.
So I figured the best horse with a nice head of hair would be a My Little Pony.  Laughing

The end result: (colour scheme stolen from the internet.)

Fourth try was Storm.
I wanted a bowing Unicorn with sculpted manes.
That was the reason Alexis was born in the first place.
Well.. I couldn't do it.  Evil or Very Mad But I liked how the mohair turned out on Merle so I gave that another try.

After a lot of polymere clay I ended up with this:

Everything anatomical is off the charts. I can't do legs or hooves right on any of those 4 sculpts. Heads are always too small or too big. I can't sculpt manes if my life would depend on it. So I have accepted that I'm not really good at sculpting with polymere clay. As a matter of fact, I don't like doing it. It's too much stress for me. Polymere clay is fighting me, not working with me. LOL  Laughing  
Luckily I'm confident when it comes to painting and enjoyed the final outcome. (Idea for colours were also stolen/copied from DeviantArt)

My other Unicorns are customized horses from well known brands.
I just change the position of a leg or head, stick a horn on it and I'm done. clown
Ready for painting! My favourite part! cheers

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Wow, I actually think those are quite good. I sure never could sculpt something like that (I like painting better too). Great job!

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:53 pm

They are very nice. I love the painting on the last one Simone ! It's such a great work :)
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:07 am

Thank you.
You should give polymere clay a try.

You never know. sunny

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:08 am

@Florian wrote:
They are very nice. I love the painting on the last one Simone ! It's such a great work :)

I agree.
I just love that painting. It suits him.

sunny sunny sunny

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:59 am

Lovely work! cheers I love you
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:34 am

They are amazing affraid
Even if they are fantay animals they are beautyfully sculptured, with perfect proportions and details Applause

Thay are so different, and still have a ton of charm in common , - I think Schleich and some others could learn a thing or two from you bounce cheers

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:46 pm

Great works Simone Very Happy Very beautiful colours, fun poses, very nicely made unicorns, really wonderful Very Happy I think you should continue making them Very Happy

http://www.horseandbird.com
TheLastStardust

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:14 pm

ohhh my !! I LOVE Storm! Shocked I wouldnt mind owning him/her! Laughing
Great anatomy and all, you have so much talent! Shocked
And I agree Competely with Susanne- Schleich could learn a lot from you!! <3
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 pm

Simone, I think Pinecone is a legendary creation! Yes, it is something completely out of this world, with its multi-interpretable tail, elegant long hind legs and a hairstyle able of making the hairs of a bald man to stand on end! Shocked Also, is there in thiw legendary world such a cute face? ... I doubt. Suspect flower
Other works are also really great but now I want only to concentrate my energies in that outstanding Pinecone. Very Happy

Country/State : USA/Texas

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:14 am

Fantastic! You've begun a Unicorn study!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Awww. You are all so kind. Embarassed
Thank you. sunny

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Simone, these are all quite good! Very Happy I loved every single one of them! From their paint jobs to their positions, I think you did an excelllent job with them! Applause

Alexis definitely wouldn´t feel out of place in MLP! She has both an alluring and beautiful air about her, plus black is my favorite color, which just makes me love her more!

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Incredibly good indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....   Today at 3:55 am

Back to top Go down

I tried to make some unicorns myself. After 4 I stopped....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1