Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Packaging Mix-up?

Go down 
+7
Roger
Schleich GingerNinja
Logan'sArk
Benga
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Night Elf
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

Schleich Packaging Mix-up? Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 4:28 am

I stopped by my local Walmart last night to pick up a few things. I don't usually shop there, but I wanted to see if they had any new Yowies. They had  only one of the new eggs left, with a Galapagos tortoise I already had. But at least the chocolate tastes a little better now! Anyway...

So I went to the toy section to see what Schleichs they might have, mostly just looking. And I see that all of their Schleichs are the boxed ones now. They had many Tennessee Walker Mares available, but this one was a little different...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not a "she" for one... and he also hasn't been available since 2003?? scratch

At first I thought someone had re-wrapped their old model and returned it somehow, but the model looks freshly painted and the plastic ties don't look like they have been manipulated. His tummy says he was Made in China.

Has anyone else seen any long-discontinued Schleichs reissued by accident? If you have a Walmart near you, it might be worth a look to see if they have any other factory escapees out there! Wink

Also, sorry for the dark pictures. Like the Starks say, winter is coming... What a Face

Last edited by Night Elf on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 4:30 am

Shocked That crazy. I wonder what happened? scratch study

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 am

WOW ! That must be the rarity of all rarities affraid

What an exceptionally strange find, - CONGRATULATIONS cheers Applause

Well, so Schleich has begun selling cardboard too Laughing
Perhaps it is in order to minimize theft ? scratch

Benga

Benga

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 3:49 pm

Nice! Night Elf, you're so lucky! An amazing find.

Logan'sArk

Logan'sArk

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2016 4:00 am

Wow! Cool find. My wal-mart stopped selling schleichs all together. Sad

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 am

Okay, so now this story gets a little bizarre. I returned to Walmart again and I found more mis-packaged Schleichs! Well, mostly Schleichs.  

First the Lipizzaner mare masquerading as a Hanoverian stallion:  

Then this Andalusian stallion pretending to be a Shire stallion. He looks like a poor repaint of the regular run to look like the Shire. You can see streaks in the black paint and places on his blaze where the original color shows through.  scratch

And, last but not least, a Clydesdale foal trying to be a Tennessee Walker foal... but not a Schleich foal, a Safari Ltd foal!!  Shocked  Wink

Now I am starting to suspect a collector is buying new Schleichs, keeping them, and then returning the boxes with old models to get their money back. But why would they paint one model and not bother with the others? Also, does Safari Ltd have any shared factories with Schleich in China? (it was marked Safari Ltd, not Schleich) Suspect

So... I am not really sure what is going on, but I will keep checking back at that store to see what else shows up.  Laughing

If anyone else finds mis-packaged Schleichs, please post here so I know I'm not crazy! What a Face

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 7:08 am

That is beyond bizarre. Please keep us updated if you find anything else. That is crazy someone is messing around like that and getting away with it.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 8:35 am

Holy Hamster !!! This is REALLY , REALLY weird affraid

And really, really funny lol!

Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 9:58 am

What?! This is a bizarre find... Great find, but bizarre.
How do people from walmart not notice it's a whole different horse question scratch

I agree with you SUSANNE it's hilarious!lol!
The person who brings them back is one evil mastermind Twisted Evil
only wouldn't do it tho.

Schleich GingerNinja

Schleich GingerNinja

Country/State : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:06 pm

This is kind of great in a way! You can get rare models! But yes, so weird! There is something very very wrong here!! And I agree with susanne and yara, it is soooooooooo funny!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 1:12 am

Do I have a brain? I can't remember or I just don't know where I left it last time I used. scratch scratch

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 9:39 am

Haha, funny! Even Safari foal tried to be Schleich, haha Laughing Thanks for sharing this story here. I wonder what else will you find Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 11:44 am

How on earth did the person/persons manage to fixate the animals into their boxes without damageing the plastic straps scratch  They would have to cut those to get the originales out of the box. Weird Shocked And the shop can,t know a darn thing about schleic figurines Laughing
Back to top Go down
Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Farm collector wrote:
How on earth did the person/persons manage to fixate the animals into their boxes without damageing the plastic straps scratch  They would have to cut those to get the originales out of the box. Weird Shocked And the shop can,t know a darn thing about schleic figurines Laughing
The boxes aren't that hard to open without damaging. If you use an gentle approach.
I did it at the rodeo horse set 41416 because I didn't dare to use a sharp object so close at the Exclusive horse. and wanted to keep the box.

Lionwoman

Lionwoman

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 8:09 pm

This is a strange situation,
if someone is like you said, buying ones and replacing them with their owns, they put a lot of effort on them (like, the work of repainting, packing them).
This is crazy.

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Weird ?!? But I also wonder how come you can return a figure, and the salesperson do not notice that the horse doesn't look like the PICTURE on the back. It's not like they have to remember, what they look like - just check the back of the box. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Rakel wrote:
Weird ?!? But I also wonder how come you can return a figure, and the salesperson do not notice that the horse doesn't look like the PICTURE on the back. It's not like they have to remember, what they look like - just check the back of the box. Laughing

Laughing Laughing If they are as awake and bushytailed as the common salespersons in toy shops, they just scan the code and close their eyes and ears again to all the screeming little monsters round them lol!

Benga

Benga

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 7:49 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Rakel wrote:

Laughing Laughing If they are as awake and bushytailed as the common salespersons in toy shops, they just scan the code and close their eyes and ears again to all the screeming little monsters round them lol!
lol!

Rakel

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 10:52 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
lol! I guess I can't blame them then Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Packaging Mix-up?   Schleich Packaging Mix-up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Packaging Mix-up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: