Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects

Go down 
+3
Roger
widukind
Froggie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects Empty
PostSubject: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 5:50 pm

I recently got a bunch of insects, some Toy Major, some marked with a "K" that has a dot on the first vertical line. I guess that this is the logo of "Innovative Kids".

Indeed most of the IK insects were 1:1 copies of the Toy Major insects, see picture:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But these 4 little fellas got my special interest, since they are indeed very exact miniature copies of the big famous Smithsonians.

See them together with their larger siblings:

They are so very cute and I was wondering if there are more of these. Does anyone know something about these?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Interesting, i like the smaller versions :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Those are incredible! Shocked It is usual that these Publishing companies use known molds. We could see it with dinosaur series too. Very Happy Our friends of ATF are a very good source for bugs and Blaine, has almost the entire set study
This is one more Groovy Tube Book, Bug Blast, from Innovative Kids! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Fabulous finds cheers

Thankyou for sharing, and for the great pictures, - comparisons and all Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks to Beatrice pictures, another wonderful gallery is now complet on TAI.
Check here!
If anyone is able of identifying more specifically any of these animals, please let us know. study

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 11:37 pm

Roger wrote:
Check here!
If anyone is able of identifying more specifically any of these animals, please let us know. study

I know that Blaine just listed out everything on the ATF.

I didn't even think of those sets...We have the arctic, reptiles, mythical, monsters and magical beasts sets! And the Gone Extinct.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 1:02 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Check here!

I didn't even think of those sets...We have the arctic, reptiles, mythical, monsters and magical beasts sets! And the Gone Extinct.

I mentioned Blaine's topic in my post but he has no reference to species. What do you mean with "we have"? scratch

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 1:36 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Check here!

I mentioned Blaine's topic in my post but he has no reference to species. What do you mean with "we have"? scratch

As in, my family!

All of the photos can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 2:17 am

sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Check here!

As in, my family!

All of the photos can be seen here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh, fantastic! Now I know what I'll do next days! Laughing Time to sleep now, please keep watching this topic, I may have some questions to ask. Very Happy Thanks for linking it. :)

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 3:03 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Check here!

As in, my family!

Oh, fantastic! Now I know what I'll do next days! Laughing Time to sleep now, please keep watching this topic, I may have some questions to ask. Very Happy Thanks for linking it. :)

Sounds good--if you need a list or anything, let me know.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Interesting pics. Thank you, i especially like the puffin :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Iuri97

Iuri97

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 7:57 pm

I gotta say, my favourite has to be the flea. Not because I like fleas (WHO DOES?!), but because it´s just so unusual!

Ahrk fin norok paal graan
fod nust hon zindro zaan
Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!"
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Iuri97 wrote:
I gotta say, my favourite has to be the flea. Not because I like fleas (WHO DOES?!), but because it´s just so unusual!

Like the flying dragon :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 10:11 pm

Iuri97 wrote:

Exactly !!! Me too Very Happy Laughing

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 4:22 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Check here!

Roger, with the exception of the monarch and the luna moth, you will never get a species name on any of these; the flea can be assigned to the genus Ctenocephalides. The others are all way TOO generic.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:
Roger wrote:
Check here!

Roger, with the exception of the monarch and the luna moth, you will never get a species name on any of these; the flea can be assigned to the genus Ctenocephalides. The others are all way TOO generic.

Thanks Blaine! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects   Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects Empty

Back to top Go down

Innovative Kids miniature copies of huge Smithsonian insects
Page 1 of 1