Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.

Go down 
+7
PeGe
Nick
SUSANNE
Anne from Norway
widukind
Roger
75senta75
11 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. Empty
PostSubject: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 4:40 am

To Tennessee Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. belongs seven models. You can see them of course at TAI with great photos made by Christophe.
In my own collection I had so far only the Red Salamander. But recently I have found some more models.
Again a Red Salamander but also the, the Great Crested newt and the Fire Salamander.
So now I have three models from this wonderful series and also hope to find the rest sometime. sunny  bounce

Topic at TAI

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The RED SALAMANDER

Fire Salamander

arrow  Now Fire Salamander by Safari Ltd. together with Salamander by Bullyland

First the Fire Salamander by Bullyland 2003

Both models - Safari and Bullyland

The Great Crested Newt

bounce  bounce Maybe someone can shows the other Salamanders from this series here in my topic! . bounce bounce

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:39 am

That's a fantastic presentation, Yvette! Thanks for refreshing this subject on forum. This is one of these remarkable series from this hobby. I wished more Aquaria started this kind of cooperations with companies to release other real sized figures like these. ... and thanks to you, someone in Portugal will really enjoy its first salamander! Laughing
An interesting point, your first 3 salamanders are the exact same 3 as Christophe acquired before completing is collection. On the other hand, the mudpupy, the only released in 1997, is the hardest of them. As I told you personally, the red-cheeked salamander from the Great Smoky Mountains Association is an excellent addition to this series.
The moulds of the yonahlossee salamander and mudpuppy were used also as translucents, the former as green and red and the latter as gold. The first was still used as glow-in-the-dark.
About the red-cheeked salamander it remains still a mistery for me, it seems the figure is marked 2004 but I think the cooperation with the GSM Associations was much later than that. Another curious fact is that I've never heard about salamander figures in Safari's Incredible Creatures line. So, if anyone have more information, i'd appreciate it. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 9:13 am

Beautieful models :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am

Fantastic presentation and great models!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 9:44 am

Congratulations, Yvette !!! They are just fantastic models cheers

Thankyou for the beautyful photos, - and for comparing with the Bullyland one ! Very Happy

Thankyou , Roger, for telling about the salamanders of Safari  Crocodile study Very Happy

Nick

Nick

Country/State : the bathtub

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 9:40 am

Amazing figures. I have never seen these before, which is a shame. Put one on a piece of moss and it will be difficult to tell if it is a figure or a real one.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 11:29 am

Hey Yvette,

you can find several threads on them already on sts,...
E.g. this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

;-p Very Happy Razz

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 4:10 pm

If anyone knows where I can find the mudpuppy figure, please let me know. I will pay top dollar, so pm me if you are willing to sell.
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 6:15 am

Absolutely beautiful photographs of some amazing figures

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 3:47 pm

They remind me of the Playvisions Salamanders set... many of the species represented by both companies are the same.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
They remind me of the Playvisions Salamanders set... many of the species represented by both companies are the same.

I have (had?) both versions of the marbled salamander--they are miles apart in quality and design. The Safari ones look like real animals. The PV ones have the same slightly-stylized appearance that many PV figures have.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
joebillis

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Again, I'd like to reiterate that anyone interested in selling a Tennessee Aquarium mudpuppy, please PM me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.   Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tennessee Aquarium Salamander Collection by Safari Ltd.
Page 1 of 1