Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
terrorchicken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
terrorchicken

terrorchicken

Country/State : USA

Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  Empty
PostSubject: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 1:40 am

so I recently acquired this model to add to my small but growing bird collection and i was surprised by how big it is! Shocked  it completely dwarfs my other bird models from Safari and Schleich. Are most of the current Bullyland birds around this size.? the only other BL bird I have is a very old raven I bought ages ago that has long been discontinued. Is the great grey owl similar in size to the cockatoo? Im thinking of getting a couple more bullys so Cocky doesnt look so out of place with the smaller birds.

btw its a great looking model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 8:31 am

Congratulations with you new cockatoo Very Happy

Yes, the owl is also quite large, and so is for instance the toucan.

You can see them compared to John the zookeeper HERE .

terrorchicken

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 pm

oh yeah, looks like the more recent Bully birds are larger too. I dont see the old black grouse in the list, I would have loved to have gotten that one too.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:41 pm

terrorchicken wrote:
oh yeah, looks like the more recent Bully birds are larger too. I dont see the old black grouse in the list, I would have loved to have gotten that one too.

Do you mean the Capercaille ? HERE
It is in the "Large woodland animals" series rendeer Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 pm

I agree with the way you're seeing things. If the cockatoo looks too large, so let's find some other large figures! Very Happy
Lapland owls are relatively large owls with a 150 cm wingspan (60 inches). I don't think it is too large and it goes very well with some other bird figures. See below from my collection a comparison between the old Schleich Eurasian eagle owl and the mentioned Bullyland great grey owl. Very Happy
I don't think you'll find easily another figure representing this species. scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 2:20 am

Interesting topic, again.

Other large owl is the AAA,that is splendid figure.

terrorchicken

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 1:30 am

I like the pose... looks as its swooping down about to snatch something on the ground. Also its the one owl other than the snowy that reminds me of Harry Potter for some reason. It reminds me of winter. Smile

there aren't too many large birds of comparable size to Bullys from other companies. Need to check AAA, I usually forget about them when thinking about figures. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sheepish

Sheepish

Country/State : USA / Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Roughly what scale would you say these larger Bully birds are? I'm always excited to find critters that are passably in scale with my Traditional Breyers.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Sheepish wrote:
Roughly what scale would you say these larger Bully birds are? I'm always excited to find critters that are passably in scale with my Traditional Breyers.

These birds are marketed as 1:12 scale (Breyer Classic scale). Though, many of them do not match that scale. The great grey owl is close to it however but it also works in 1:9 scale so I think you can use it with your traditional Breyer but always as a representative of a smaller specimen. I believe there are other that you can use. study

terrorchicken

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 1:38 am

SUSANNE wrote:
terrorchicken wrote:

Do you mean the Capercaille ? HERE
It is in the "Large woodland animals" series rendeer Very Happy

I forgot about this, sorry!

yes thats the one, nice figure of such an obscure bird. :)
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 8:47 pm

I love when companies make obscure species! This is why I also own the Bully Leadbeater Cockatoo!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
I love when companies make obscure species! This is why I also own the Bully Leadbeater Cockatoo!

cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo    Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bullyland's Leadbeater's cockatoo
Page 1 of 1