Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 

Postimage in trouble !!! :-O

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:00 am

As the saying goes : There is no such thing as a free lunch Rolling Eyes

The - untill now - free picture hosting site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has got a bill of 12 thousand dollars per month from the server compagny affraid

It has become so popular that the last month  1.8 petabytes of pictures were added What a Face

I can not see how they will get that huge amount donated each month, and fear that they will have to close down, and many of our photos will be lost Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Those are growing pains or just something previously expected in their commercial strategy. It will be a pity for us and forum if we miss all these pictures but I am afraid we can't do too much about that. I used initially a Portuguese housting service announced as free forever and after some years they deleted my pictures and no free service anymore. Many of our Servimg old pictures also desappeared as well from other picture hosting services. There's no perfect formula and much probably old topics without pictures will need to be archived or deleted in a kind of general cleaning up of our forum sections. I hope this service keeps working once I find it quite user friendly. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Nick

Country/State : the bathtub

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Well that is just sad about postimage, it.used to be my fav image hoster, hope it stays alive.
But there are always alternatives...it might be possible to display images in forums with google drive. Just make the folder public and use the file share link in the IMG tags. The thing about Google is that it is reliable. It is unlikely that it will shutdown due to lack of funds. Also 15 gb of free space per account for pictures should be sufficient. I have never done it myself but it might be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:51 pm

I have a photobucket account full of space so, if I can save something I will Wink

vmi

Country/State : china

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:44 am

i cannot post fotos on the site, can someone tell me how?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i cannot post fotos on the site, can someone tell me how?

I noticed you already posted a picture of a Ressurection figure so I suppose you don't have this problem anymore. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kyoryu

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like a good idea to look for another host. Maybe Google photos...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like a good idea to look for another host. Maybe Google photos...

It was a year ago, - sorry, this topic perhaps should have been deleted ? Shocked scratch

Now there are no problems Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  SUSANNE    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Everything should be fine for now. While Postimage is currently free, if they ever decided to charge, I would happily pay as long as their speed and user-friendliness stayed the same.
Back to top Go down
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:54 am

Well that is just sad about postimage, it.used to be my fav image hoster, hope it stays alive.
But there are always alternatives...it might be possible to display images in forums with google drive. Just make the folder public and use the file share link in the IMG tags. The thing about Google is that it is reliable. It is unlikely that it will shutdown due to lack of funds. Also 15 gb of free space per account for pictures should be sufficient. I have never done it myself but it might be worth a try.

After years of Dropbox, I now use Google photos exclusively. There's a few steps in going from stored photo to post, but it works very well--and as you said, Google probably isn't going anywhere, and there is lots of storage!

And since most people have a gmail/youtube/google account of some kind, they already have a Google photos account. You just have to use it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:31 pm

After years of Dropbox, I now use Google photos exclusively. There's a few steps in going from stored photo to post, but it works very well--and as you said, Google probably isn't going anywhere, and there is lots of storage!

And since most people have a gmail/youtube/google account of some kind, they already have a Google photos account. You just have to use it!

Thankyou for the info cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Later...hmmmm how do I do it ? I can't find any information scratch

Well, not important, because I like Postimage, but I am curious Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:13 pm

I have Google photos, but I haven`t figured out how to use it to post pics on the Forum?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:35 pm

I have Google photos, but I haven`t figured out how to use it to post pics on the Forum?

Please help the helpless Scandinavians Laughing

Back to top Go down
sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:37 pm

It's kind of complicated...but it does work.

Make sure the photos are in a shared album.

THen press the 'share' symbol. There should be a pop-up, where you press 'Get Link'. This changes to a new pop-up that gives options for social media as well as a 'copy' button. Press that button.

Now paste that link into the URL bar (I usually use a new tab or window). It should bring up an album with just the one image. Click the image to go to it's new 'page'. Once there, right-click and copy the image address. This is the address that gets pasted for the image to be posted.

I tried many other ways to get Google Photos into forums, but this seems like the only way that works consistently!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postimage in trouble !!! :-O   

Back to top Go down

Postimage in trouble !!! :-O
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1