Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Southlands Replicas

Go down 
+46
sbell
zirkoon
Chappie
costicuba
Masoud
Night Elf
Gulogulo76
javito
75senta75
Anne from Norway
landrover
Tarunyada
Bloodrayne
pokeyanyway
SyLoBe
terrorchicken
FlaffyRaptors
Bonobo
Robert
LeeAnn
barracudacat
jarda
Saarlooswolfhound
LukaLeon085
JamesPanda
donny ong
Sergey
arafan
Southlands Replicas
lucky luke
Farm collector
Roger
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
retoric
bun2013
Ana
NightLioness
pm64
signatus
SUSANNE
Florian
widukind
MiniZoo
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Southlands Replicas - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 11:35 am

javito wrote:
Third silhouette now on Facebook. I guess it's quite easy to identify, though it may be not so easy to guess which subspecies it is...

Well what can it be? scratch A fat Mickey Mouse cheers ... No? Well, too hard for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 11:58 am

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Roger wrote:
I am almost 100% sure also that it is a tree kangaroo but which one? scratch bounce

On Facebook, someone wrote that it is a Lumholtz's tree-kangaroo and it was conformed Very Happy bounce

Yes, it was our friend Florian, not easy at all! Very Happy
Now we have a Southern hairy-nosed wombat and a koala. bounce bounce Exciting Christmas in Australia! santa santa Looking forward to see the pictures in colors. Very Happy

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 4:49 pm

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I absolutely love the Thylacoleo! This has to be one of the best prehistoric mammals released this year. I definitely look forward to seeing more from your company.

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 6:16 pm

After my holidays in Australia, I learned that there are more subspecies of koalas^^ But to be fair, often the australian themself don´t know the difference between the subspecies study
The tree-kangaroo is still a wish come true, especially with this particular species. In Australia, I didn´t get the chance to see one in wild and in the zoos I visited, there were only Goodfellows.
The southern-hairy wombat was released this year by safari, but it´s nice to see, that after certain common wombats, also the southern has the chance to present himself.
A nothern wombat would have been a dream, but sadly, this animal is probably one of the mammals in greatest danger to become extint Sad
Back to top Go down
Southlands Replicas

Southlands Replicas

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Barracudacat wrote:
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I absolutely love the Thylacoleo! This has to be one of the best prehistoric mammals released this year. I definitely look forward to seeing more from your company.
cheers cheers cheers Thankyou!!

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
The southern-hairy wombat was released this year by safari, but it´s nice to see, that after certain common wombats, also the southern has the chance to present himself.
Yes, Safari did a nice little Southern Hairy Nosed Wombat.. but I think you'll find ours to be quite different. He's fat and roly-poly and very cute and very much a favourite here amongst my family Very Happy .. I can't wait to show you the colour pics!

The 4th and final Silhouette is now on view - and this variant has never been done before (to the best of my knowledge)... click here to view  Southlands Facebook Page Smile

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:12 pm

I would say a cuscus (but the tail is wrong), or some kind of possum?

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:20 pm

A Western or Tiger Quoll?
Back to top Go down
javito

Country/State : spain

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:26 pm

I also bet it's a quoll. Maybe a spotted-tailed quoll?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Or a Malleodectes Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:28 pm

That's what we like, species that toy industry ignored for all these years. I believe it is a kind of possum but I can't identify the species once they're a lot. Very Happy

Southlands Replicas

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Congratulations to Christophe and Javito and also Florian on our Facebook page who correctly identified it as a Spotted-Tailed Quoll.  cheers Also known as Tiger Quoll or Tiger Cat. It's about the size of a domestic cat and significantly larger than it's relatives the Northern Quoll, Western Quoll and Eastern Quoll.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Southlands Replicas wrote:
The 4th and final Silhouette is now on view - and this variant has never been done before (to the best of my knowledge)... [/url] Smile

Oh, this tip killed my guess. Theres a tiger quoll by another company... Check here! cat However, I am always very proud of how knowledgeable are our STS friends. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Southlands Replicas

Southlands Replicas

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 pm

Roger wrote:
Theres a tiger quoll by another company... Check here!

I believe the S&N model may have inadvertantly been incorrectly labelled on TOA. One of the distinctive features of the Tiger Quoll apart from it's larger size is that it has spots on the tail (hence the better known name spot-tailed Quoll). The S&N model more closely resembles one of the 3 other smaller Quoll species which do not have spots on their tail.  

The S&N website simply describes it as a Quoll along with a YouTube video showing the smaller species (without being specific as to which type - although from the video I would say it's a Northern Quoll). See..  S&N Quoll Smile

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 12:13 am

Roger wrote:

I believe the S&N model may have inadvertantly been incorrectly labelled on TOA. One of the distinctive features of the Tiger Quoll apart from it's larger size is that it has spots on the tail (hence the better known name spot-tailed Quoll). The S&N model more closely resembles one of the 3 other smaller Quoll species which do not have spots on their tail.  

The S&N website simply describes it as a Quoll along with a YouTube video showing the smaller species (without being specific as to which type - although from the video I would say it's a Northern Quoll). See..  S&N Quoll Smile

Funny video! Laughing Yes, you're completely right as expected. The S&N figure could be everything but surely not a tiger quoll. I edited the page and identified it simply as quoll once it seems we can't be sure of which exact species. Northern seems a good guess and I agree the one of the video looks like that particular species. Thanks and great to know that Southlands Replicas' and Science & Nature's are different quoll species. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 5:34 am

Great for me Wink

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:35 am

I'm REALLY hoping I'll receive the Thylacine and Thycaleo for Christmas in a few days. I'm fairly sure my Ma did order them for me. I've been sharing Southlands Models's posts on my Facebook page. We're all so excited there's a new company specializing in Southern Hemisphere wildlife. That tree kangaroo is going to be amazing! Truthfully, I'm going to collect them all. Every model that is released, I want one of!
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Roger wrote:
Roger wrote:

Funny video! Laughing Yes, you're completely right as expected. The S&N figure could be everything but surely not a tiger quoll. I edited the page and identified it simply as quoll once it seems we can't be sure of which exact species. Northern seems a good guess and I agree the one of the video looks like that particular species.  Thanks and great to know that Southlands Replicas' and Science & Nature's are different quoll species. Very Happy

Yeah I labeled the S&N Quoll also as nothern quoll. The Nayab figurine, that exists in this very well known bucket, could be an eastern quoll as there exists photos of black eastern quolls on wiki. So, Soutland Replicas has done a new animal for me Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Roger wrote:
Roger wrote:

Funny video! Laughing Yes, you're completely right as expected. The S&N figure could be everything but surely not a tiger quoll. I edited the page and identified it simply as quoll once it seems we can't be sure of which exact species. Northern seems a good guess and I agree the one of the video looks like that particular species.  Thanks and great to know that Southlands Replicas' and Science & Nature's are different quoll species. Very Happy

Yeah I labeled the S&N Quoll also as nothern quoll. The Nayab figurine, that exists in this very well known bucket, could be an eastern quoll as there exists photos of black eastern quolls on wiki. So, Soutland Replicas has done a new animal for me Applause

Not only for you :)

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Absolutely beautiful quoll! I love the photo on Facebook, your daughter certainly has talent.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Southlands Replicas

Southlands Replicas

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Absolutely beautiful quoll! I love the photo on Facebook, your daughter certainly has talent.
I can't believe you were so quick to see that.. and thankyou!

Here is our prototype image of the Spotted-Tailed Quoll (or Tiger Quoll) Smile - 6.5cm long nose to tail and 2.3cm tall. 1:15 scale. Actual factory versions will vary slightly in colouring. The final version of the quoll will have a darker face.

Southlands Replicas - Page 7 Southl11

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:19 pm

Wonderful picture and figure! cheers I enjoy the idea that you keep consistent with the 1:15 scale even if it means that these figures will be very small. It turns your range interesting as a whole collection and not only as a selection of some unusual species. Southern Replicas... collect them all! cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 9:41 pm

Wonderful!!!!

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Amazing!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Yessss bounce Yessss bounce Yessss bounce
Back to top Go down
Southlands Replicas

Southlands Replicas

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone from the Great Southland!! santa

Here's our prototype Northern Koala female in full colour.. 3.5cm along the base and 4cm tall and 1:15 scale.

Southlands Replicas - Page 7 Southl12

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southlands Replicas   Southlands Replicas - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Southlands Replicas
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next