Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants

Go down 
+8
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Sergey
Roger
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants Empty
PostSubject: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Ok Robert, here are some pics of the Papo's African elephants with the Bulyland's one.

They are IMHO very fine elephant but you will be disappointed because they are as small as the Schleich ones... But at least less chubby  Wink

Our two heroes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the Bullyland BIG guy

With the SAFARI Ltd one

On a 1/32 scale display

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Even if the pictures are for Robert, I can`t help looking, - WOW cheers

So we got a little glimpse of your fantastic collection .
You are right, it looks quite different and much nicer whant they fit together. Your show-shelves are beauuuuuutyful I love you flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh, it's BIIIIGGG Very Happy
Is it just me or Safari elephant is good, I like it even more than Papo's

Thanks Chris

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Oh, it's BIIIIGGG  Very Happy

Thanks Chris

The Safari Ltd is good but my favourite is still this one

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 pm

My favourite is that one too! Very Happy
And thanks for your pictures, very nice and helpful! ...and remember that sometimes I'm Robert too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Roger wrote:
And thanks for your pictures, very nice and helpful! ...and remember that sometimes I'm Robert too! Very Happy

This topic is for all the Robert of the place : Willy Robert, Rob Torben, Robert Sue, Gabriel Robert, Ana Robert, Robert Harriet and even Robert and .... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Oh, it's BIIIIGGG Very Happy

Thanks Chris

The Safari Ltd is good but my favourite is still this one

...This Papo,s model of african elephant it,s my favorite too! cheers More accurate "african" body morfology! cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

This topic is for all the Robert of the place : Willy Robert, Rob Torben, Robert Sue, Gabriel Robert, Ana Robert, Robert Harriet and even Robert and .... Laughing
Laughing

I love your lower shelf display Christophe, all the animals look so lovely in scale with one another cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Oh no!!! What a Face This macaque is geting even more crazy! Help me! affraid monkey affraid monkey affraid monkey pale bom afro Sleep silent
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:17 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

I love your lower shelf display Christophe, all the animals look so lovely in scale with one another cheers

Thank you Harriet Very Happy But... What do you dislike in the upper shelve ?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 am

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Thank you Harriet Very Happy But... What do you dislike in the upper shelve ?
No, I LOVE both shelves! The upper shelf has some of my favourite models on. I just particularly like the lower one geek

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:01 am

For me both Papo elephants are my best choice!!

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:28 am

Yes, I like Safari LTD "Charging" African Elephant way more than Papo or Schlechs! I like the size of the Bullyland figure, just don't care for the figure. Now if the Safari LTD was that big, I'd be happy!
I wish the new Papo Asian was that big as well!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Wellcome to Robertville geek lol!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:19 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Yes, I like Safari LTD "Charging" African Elephant way more than Papo or Schlechs! I like the size of the Bullyland figure, just don't care for the figure. Now if the Safari LTD was that big, I'd be happy!
I wish the new Papo Asian was that big as well!
The Safari ltd wildlife wonders African and Asian elephants, compared to the Schleich zebras, would you say that they were too large in proportion to the Zebras? Would they look silly together? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I really like both of these, I can't get hold of them in the UK and shipping from overseas is expensive, I wish someone in the UK would start selling the complete series. I have half a thought to start my own shop Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:04 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

The Safari ltd wildlife wonders African and Asian elephants, compared to the Schleich zebras, would you say that they were too large in proportion to the Zebras?  Would they look silly together?

The SAFARI WW African elephant is a very hughe model and his size seems correct with zebras.

The problem IMHO is the shape of the model, it is very bulky to be a tall elephant. Animals are like humans, taller ones have different shape than smaller.
Look at the proportion of the legs, head and body of this pics and compare them to the WWs one. IMHO real life tall elephant have a smaller head and the legs are more slim. For me the WW is a smaller elephant at a bigger scale.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

The Safari ltd wildlife wonders African and Asian elephants, compared to the Schleich zebras, would you say that they were too large in proportion to the Zebras? Would they look silly together?

The SAFARI WW African elephant is a very hughe model and his size seems correct with zebras.

The problem IMHO is the shape of the model, it is very bulky to be a tall elephant. Animals are like humans, taller ones have different shape than smaller.
Look at the proportion of the legs, head and body of this pics and compare them to the WWs one. IMHO real life tall elephant have a smaller head and the legs are more slim. For me the WW is a smaller elephant at a bigger scale.
...So many my lovely elephants! cheers cheers cheers Thank Christoph! lol!
PS By the way I,m perfectly agree with your words about elephants scales by different brands... lol!
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Wellcome to Robertville geek lol!

cheers Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:26 pm

Like babies have much larger heads and shorter legs.

Good point, Christophe !
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:28 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:

The Safari ltd wildlife wonders African and Asian elephants, compared to the Schleich zebras, would you say that they were too large in proportion to the Zebras? Would they look silly together?
Why don't you take Bully and remodel his ears, I know you're capable to do it. You don't like it?

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Why don't you take Bully and remodel his ears, I know you're capable to do it. You don't like it?

Robert, are you kidding??? And the tusks, head shape, body shape, I think it's better make a complete new model! elephant
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

I wouldn't do that, body is ok but head is relatively easy to change, when you know how Very Happy
Off with his head Laughing

Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

...And by the way Christophe... the 1-st pics is so cute... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:39 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
I wouldn't do that, body is ok but head is relatively easy to change, when you know how Very Happy
Off with his head Laughing

...and toes??? elephant
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Picky Portuguise with many names, ok - strip him to the bones... Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants Empty

Back to top Go down

For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next