Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures

Go down 
+5
Bowhead Whale
ken yeo
Ana
widukind
elephas_maximus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
elephas_maximus

PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures Empty
PostSubject: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 1:41 am

Forum member Melekh first made note of these in another post but I thought I'd dedicate a separate page as this is a new series.

Just a few days ago PNSO added some new present day animal figures to Amazon.  These include an African elephant, common hippo and White rhinoceros.  
The product dimensions on Amazon show they will be large scale vinyl models similar to the PNSO dinosaur line.  

I have not been able to find additional information, if anyone knows more please share here.

Amazon link-African elephant
35 x 11 x 21 cm
Hippo
29 x 14 x 9 cm
White rhino
32 x 11 x 15 cm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by elephas_maximus on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 9:49 am

Very nice models :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Beautiful models! I love especially the elephant and the rhino Applause I would love to see more photos, especially from collectors who have these Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 9:05 am

This is highly details!

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Finally! A White Rhino figure!!!
Back to top Go down
Melekh

Melekh

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 10:14 pm

What scale could that be? 1/12?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 7:40 am

I hope a real 1/20 or 1/15!
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 3:34 pm

Sold out on Amazon. Waiting for them to be relisted.......
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm

These are amazing looking animals! I'm so glad this company has their own section now since they do consistently good work, both of modern animals and prehistoric life.

Numa

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Animals now relisted on all European Amazon sites.  I have ordered all three (No spending for a year now, I have blown my budget ha!).

I asked the company on how they ship to the UK/Europe citing concerns about them quoting high figures on the customs label.  Yes I know it is cheeky but I have been stung before and UK customs are very greedy in calculating tax based on the item value AND shipping value.  PNSO have assured me that it will be fine so I look forward to receiving the items soon with no customs charges phew!

Elephant:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hippo:

Rhino:

I have also asked them to pass on my comments to expand the range and produce other larger scale wildlife animals such as Reticulated Giraffe, Grevy's Zebra, an Okapi and of course antelopes such as Kudu, Gemsbok and Sable.......having a large scale highly detailed antelope such as these would be fantastic (I hold no such hope of Safari making them and certainly in such outstanding detail and quality for sure).
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 5:35 pm

Congrats Numaan! Please, share photos when you get these models Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Unfortunately after seeing a few more angles of the elephant it is not as accurate as I had hoped.
But for those interested here are some additional images from Tao Bao.  The elephant is not to scale with the rhino and hippo, it is too small in comparison.
The hippo looks much better here than in the official images (which look too dark and desaturated).  Here you can see a nice pink pigment on the figure.
Same for the rhino, the colours look better here than in the official photos though the front left carpal (wrist joint) looks odd.

(NOT MY IMAGES)
image source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(NOT MY IMAGES)
image source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The birds and base are not included. The Kaiyodo elephant looks to be in the correct scale with the rhino and hippo.
The rhino's carpal (wrist joint) is oddly shaped on the left front leg
It should look more like this shape
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 7:18 pm

Great photos! Thanks for posting! :-)

You are right about the elehpant's size. I was hoping it would fit into scale with the rhino and hippo but they all look similar in size. Not sure why the elephant costs a little more.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures   PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO Family Zoo-large animal figures
Page 1 of 1