Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan

Go down 
+7
Ana
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
widukind
Tupolew Tu-154
Saien
onatello
11 posters
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan Empty
PostSubject: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 11:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Just a brief walkaround before he gets new coat. (On promo photo he is pictured as a nice bay horse, what I love, but in fact he is an "annoying orange" Very Happy so he will be repainted to a bay roan, also the forelock isn't painted properly).
I like the mold, he is powerful but gentle, though I must say something bothers me from the side without mane:
Maybe the legs are way too long for a heavy horse and the body could be more robust.

From this side, I really love it, his head is nice with realistic expression:

The tail isn't static, it is waving slightly:

He has no extreme pearshape from above:

nor from down under:

and some comparison:
with Schleich Percheron, who is about same size, but with more robust body, what seems to me better (this Percheron is one of best Schleich horses I suppose)

And a comparison with CollectA Hanoverian - the difference between warmblood and draft horse is more than visible:

I've commissioned repaint of him, I got inspiration from this beatiful noriker I saw on horse show last summer:

He is no longer an annoying orange cheers :
I'm excited! The artist did amazing job. I expected him to be maybe lighter with some silver hair in mane, but I love it. With his new coat I like even his off side more than before:

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta

Last edited by onatello on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 4:44 pm

It´s a beautiful horse, thank you Onatello for this walkaround and comparison, I was waiting for it for a long time. Super photos! cheers cheers Applause Applause

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Sad, that Collecta didn't make the color like the photo.
Have you a comparison picture with the Schleich Ardennes stallion?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 7:22 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyFri Nov 11, 2016 7:41 pm

Thank you all Very Happy
I don't have the Schleich Ardennes in my collection yet, so unfortunately no comparison photo with him...

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 11:55 pm

I do love this sculpt even if he doesn't make the perfect Ardennes. Can't wait to see him painted up, I was thinking of doing one in bay roan too once I get my hands on one Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySun Nov 20, 2016 12:37 am

LeeAnn wrote:
I do love this sculpt even if he doesn't make the perfect Ardennes. Can't wait to see him painted up, I was thinking of doing one in bay roan too once I get my hands on one Very Happy
I can't wait as well Very Happy but the artist is quite busy, I hope the repainted horses come as Christmas gifts Wink I also sent the Mojo Arabian mare in foal to her.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 11:43 pm

Updated with photos of result after repaint to a bay roan Wink

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 3:43 am

Wonderful repaint job. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:46 am

Yes !!! That repaint is gorgeous cheers

About the length of the legs ...as you may know, I have a Belgian here on pension.
Well, she is a mare, but in winter when she does not have "grass-belly", her legs seem surprisingly long, even if she is well fed. Very Happy

It is natural, - a horse with long legs can use his weight better for pulling heavy loads study

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:30 am

Beautiful repaint! What a gorgeous colour! drunken Congrats!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 8:23 pm

He's beautiful! As soon as he was released I knew he would look awesome in bay roan. Very Happy Who painted him?

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:06 pm

So I like very much the figure! I love the way as CollectA horses are portraied with longer legs than what we use to see in other company figures. Actually, these proportions look more convincing to me. Take as example this warmblood and now compare with legs of other representatives of the same breed but released by other brands. I love the tail, there's something specially artistic on it. Great repaint too and thnaks for your wonderful pictures. Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Thank you very much Tupolew, Susanne, Anna, LeeAnn and Roger.  cheers

Interesting informations about the length of legs, Susanne.
And you're right Roger, that even with longer legs CollectA horses are still the most correct horses among these "rubber" brands.

The artist who painted him is a young Czech girl, I don't think she is a STS member. She has facebook page called Mazel horses and web page
All my repaints are by her, including the mojö Arabian mare in foal by Anna, I have to upload photos of her. (Unfortunately her repaint hasn't turned out as great as this roan).

Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Great review, and I love the repainted version! I see what you mean about him needing to be more robust. Still, I find this a very nice looking sculpt.

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 2:01 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Great review, and I love the repainted version!  I see what you mean about him needing to be more robust.  Still, I find this a very nice looking sculpt.
Thank you Wink

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Fantastic repaint Very Happy
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 11:07 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Fantastic repaint Very Happy

Thank you, I'm happy how the artist nailed it!

Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 am

He is, indeed, most beautiful with a proper paint job!  But the early photos (before painting) made me think the horse was a 2 yr old; not quite an adult.  That would make sense as drafters tend to age to adulthood slower.
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Jennypurr wrote:
He is, indeed, most beautiful with a proper paint job!  But the early photos (before painting) made me think the horse was a 2 yr old; not quite an adult.  That would make sense as drafters tend to age to adulthood slower.

I agree, that he is probably a young horse, his body should be deeper for proper adult Ardennes.
But the other draft stallion released the same year - the Black Forest stallion is also way too light to the breed. While the new horses are more sturdy with thicker legs, even the warmbloods (I guess because of safety and stability).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan   Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick walkaround of 2016 Ardennes stallion 88759 - updated after repaint to bay roan
Page 1 of 1