Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.

Go down 
+3
sbell
Bloodrayne
SUSANNE
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. Empty
PostSubject: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 8:09 pm

About the time I discovered E-auctions, I also discovered that there are other brands than Schleich  Laughing

I was fortunate get some lovely, little models, marked K&M, and was surprised that nobody else could see their quality, - they were not Schleich, they must be cheap junk, was the general idea Shocked  Suspect

As they have been palyed with rather a lot, and my set is not complete, I have now and then been looking for a brandnew , complete set, and was delighted when at last I found it  cheers
But...but ...something happened !
Paint must have become very expensive since then, - here you can see the difference .
The old ones to the left, except the frog Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 8:32 pm

Wow. If you wouldn't know any better you would think they were cheap knock-offs. Shocked
Especially the beaver and heron didn't get much love.
They look like pale shadows compared to their earlier selves.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
Wow. If you wouldn't know any better you would think they were cheap knock-offs. Shocked
Especially the beaver and heron didn't get much love.
They look like pale shadows compared to their earlier selves.

Yes ! Isn't it horrible ? Cheaper kind of plastic too Laughing

My fingers itch to repaint them. But they are so little, I am sure I would make a mess of it scratch

sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 10:33 pm

I have found a similar situation in many Safari toobs--the original runs have fantastic paint jobs, and they get a little lazier as they go (the Prehistoric Life (the mammals one) may be the worst offender for this).

Oddly, I've never bought this toob...I really should, just for the piranha, but I have better models!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 8:57 am

So like Schleich?? Produce in different factorys??

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 am

Wow, that's a real shame. I love the old K&M tube animals - it's sad to see the cost-cutting in the new versions.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptySun May 27, 2018 9:45 pm

I want to add the rainforest toob that I bought today. The quality difference is just to big!
I only have the toucan from this toob as an old version, but you can see the other differences with TAI.

K&M Rainforest toob on TAI

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]image hosting 5mb
Left new one, right the older one.

Such a shame!

And I am going to repaint the big cats toob for sure, or a least some of them!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. EmptySun May 27, 2018 9:57 pm

Really a shame. Sad Wild Republic, contrarily to other companies, is loosing their focus on animal figures.

PostSubject: Re: The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.   The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be. Empty

Back to top Go down

The River Nature Tube... not as nice as it used to be.
Page 1 of 1