Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Specific Breeds of Figures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pokeyanyway

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

Specific Breeds of Figures Empty
PostSubject: Specific Breeds of Figures   Specific Breeds of Figures EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 4:05 am

I know that Schleich is not always specific or even correct when naming specific species of animals. I actually have a excel document to keep track of what figures I have and which ones I need. I was just going through it and updating some things and was wondering if there was an actual place where they are all correctly identified, for example the two most recent seals that were released as a family, but someone pointed out that they were actually two different species.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SouthNoah

SouthNoah

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Specific Breeds of Figures   Specific Breeds of Figures EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 6:55 pm

pokeyanyway wrote:
I know that Schleich is not always specific or even correct when naming specific species of animals. I actually have a excel document to keep track of what figures I have and which ones I need. I was just going through it and updating some things and was wondering if there was an actual place where they are all correctly identified, for example the two most recent seals that were released as a family, but someone pointed out that they were actually two different species.

I would kill for a king penguin!!
bounce bounce bounce

I need it! Sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Specific Breeds of Figures   Specific Breeds of Figures EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 pm

That's a good question about these seals. We are identifying them on TAI as grey seals while Schleich website identify them as harbor seals. I don't remember very well the discussion about them but I think it was related with the white color of the pup. This is a feature much more common in grey seals than in harbor seals. Though, their faces, have the nostrils closer to the usual v-shaped ones of harbor seals. It is actually an interesting question and if we agree they're harbours, we could change it at Toy Animal Wiki.
The king penguin is a different question. Here there is no doubts, Schleich released a king penguin and later introduced chicks of a different species, the emperor penguin. It is easy to mix both species but not when they are chicks. So, Schleich, replaced the king penguin adult for a emperor penguin and fixed it. Papo is often also very generic identifying some species.

PostSubject: Re: Specific Breeds of Figures   Specific Breeds of Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Specific Breeds of Figures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: