Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Ricolino

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:28 pm

So today I was able to add Ricolino to TAi! cheers There isn't much to find about the brand, so if anyone knows more, please let me know. But now about what I do know:

TAi wrote:
Ricolion is part of Grupo Bimbo, a Mexican multinational bakery product manufacturing company founded in Mexico in 1945. Bakeries are located the United States, Mexico, Canada, Chile and Spain. Ricolino includes Kinder surprise like products, in which figurines can be found. There have been animal related series in the past.

I have actually no idea if Ricolino still makes animal figurine series. I found out about them quite a while ago, when I was searching through the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-topic, where I spotted a Ricolino hyena from Sean ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Unfortunately, his picture isn't working anymore (there it is, again!), but it stood on a base.

Then somewhere last year I was able to get myself a lovely unknown puzzle manatee off a Dutch online marketplace. I had no idea what it was because it wasn't marked, not even with a product number. I contacted a huge Kinder surprise egg collector if he knew any look-a-like brands, but unfortunately I never received an answer. So there was nothing more I could do about it.

Then, somewhere August/September this year, Karin ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) found a lovely puffin puzzle figurine in a store near her home. She showed it to me but I had no idea what it was. She asked around here on STS and then Andreas ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) came with the revealing answer: it's Ricolino!

To make a slightly long story a bit shorter, we now have a 'new' brand on TAi and in our midst. When searching for ricolino animales on Google Pictures you'll be able to find some series, but there isn't much more than that. No release years, official names of series and no complete lists of existing figurines. They go for pretty high prices on Mexican auction sites and I can't find any animal-related series on eBay at the moment. If anyone has more information, or just pictures, any figurines in collections, please let me know!! I'd love to see what else they made!

Here you can see my manatee, Karin's puffin and Sean's hyena:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Note on the Ricolino hyena: part of an African Wildlife series, which at least included a lion. Bases fit together and form the African continent.
Also known: a koala in an Australian Wildlife series, same concept as the African Wildlife series.

Last edited by Tarunyada on Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:33 pm

When searching Google Pictures you can find some series, including Marine Mammals, Dinosaurs, Dogs, Horses and Birds.

Here some pictures from Google (credits go to the owners):

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:50 pm

I had to move my photos to Google photos for space reasons.

Here is the Ricolino hyena:

There was also a lion, which I didn't buy (way back then). Each base was a piece of Africa, and when they were all put together it made the continent--and they have gears on the bottom that woudl get all of the figures to spin around.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Thank you very much, Sean! Such a lovely figurine, I've been looking for it ever since I saw yours. Also nice to know that it was an African Wildlife series, thanks! I hope we can find out more about them.
Do you remember which decade you bought it?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:11 pm

I heard of that interesting brand but no more :)

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you very much, Sean! Such a lovely figurine, I've been looking for it ever since I saw yours. Also nice to know that it was an African Wildlife series, thanks! I hope we can find out more about them.

Based on where I was living, it was between 2006-2008, but it was older than that, definitely not new.

There was also a similarly styled koala for an Australia set.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Based on where I was living, it was between 2006-2008, but it was older than that, definitely not new.

There was also a similarly styled koala for an Australia set.

That sounds very interesting, I'd love to learn more about this Australian set. Thanks again, Sean! I'll add this information to the topic Smile

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Could you tell the figurines of the sets?

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:45 pm

Could you tell the figurines of the sets?

No idea. I came across the few figures in an ebay search, and there were no details with the papers.

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:09 pm

Thank you :) Your hyena looks very nice so could the other figurines very interesting :)

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Here is a pic that i download from a online auctions website long time ago

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:12 pm

It seems that there have been diffferent waves of animals--the hyena is a thin plastic and came in 2 pieces. Those ones look like small PVC or plastic, singe-piece figures.

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Any looks like choco egg figurines :)

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Very, very interesting cheers

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:13 pm

I found some more information a little while ago, but didn't had the time to share it earlier. So I found two surprise egg collecting sites, one Russian (Jukate.ru) and one Lettish (Kinderhobby.com). The strange thing is that both sites call their Ricolino figurines Maraja, which is Italian. But as far as I know, Ricolino isn't distributed in Italy scratch

But now for their series Very Happy Picture credits go to abovementioned sites!

Mini Puzzleland Animals
2005/2006
1. Giraffe
2. Leopard
3. Elk
4. Gorilla
5. Tiger
6. Zebra
7. Elephant
8. Giant panda
9. Rhinoceros
10. Lion

Mini Puzzleland Birds
2005/2006
1. Atlantic puffin
2. Snowy owl
3. Malaysian fish owl
4. Toucan (Toco toucan?)
5. Pelican (American/great white pelican?)
6. Bald eagle

Mini Puzzleland Parrots
2005/2006
1. Eclectus
2. Cockatoo (Sulphur-crested cockatoo?)
3. Scarlet macaw
4. Blue & gold macaw
5. Conure
6. Golden conure

Mini Puzzleland Sea Animals
2003?
1. - (Harp seal?)
2. - (Killer whale?)
3. - (Great white shark?)
4. - (Sea turtle?)
5. - (Fur seal?)
6. - (Bottlenose dolphin?)

I can't find anything on any other series at the moment, sorry. I assumed some species (the ones with the question marks behind it), but please correct me if I'm wrong!

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:24 pm

I just searched for maraja puzzleland and found some leaflets and a series with insects!

And the insects series:

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Nice new information Julie, great job!!
The little leaflets help a lot!

Interesting is how different brands are fusing together, it seems.

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:52 pm

everywhere I look on STS, I can see experts everyday Applause

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:18 pm

Interesting :)

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks, friends! I made series with all available information at TAi, check it out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I still miss a lot of information, so if anyone can help me out, please do!

I discovered another collector's website on which I found some product numbers of individual figurines (now on TAi as well). It had some information about the Horses and Riders series as well, check out the leaflet:

Mexican (2 pairs of legs: standing or riding)
Female rider (2 pairs of legs: standing or riding)
Cowboy(2 pairs of legs: standing or riding)
Groomsman
Black horse, rearing
White horse, bucking
Palomino horse with saddle
Foal, lying
Brown draf horse > shire?
Grey horse
Pinto horse, running
White horse, 'sitting'
Brown horse, running
White horse, walking
Grey-brown draft horse
Black horse

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Our busy busy busy busy busy Julie made a fantastic research work here! cheers Also a great contribution on TAI... Julie is really the expert in eggs! Laughing I will have to check these websites for sure.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Our busy busy busy busy busy Julie made a fantastic research work here! cheers Also a great contribution on TAI... Julie is really the expert in eggs! Laughing I will have to check these websites for sure.

Thank you, Roger! cheers I hope we can find more information about these series in the near future Smile

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:31 pm

cheers cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    Fri May 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Sometimes if you search and than you see some figurines. And than you think you know that.

And than you remember that you saw it too in a other topic and so you found a relation.

PostSubject: Re: Ricolino    

Back to top Go down

Ricolino
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Modern companies :: Unclassified modern companies-
Jump to: