Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

News about Colorata

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Numaan
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

News about Colorata - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 3:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is there a colorata official website where we can see these images in more details?

They don't appear to have them on their site yet.

thanks for this, could you post the link to their site anyway? I'd appreciate it

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 4:54 am

Is there a colorata official website where we can see these images in more details?

They don't appear to have them on their site yet.

thanks for this, could you post the link to their site anyway? I'd appreciate it

It can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's all in Japanese, but using the site translate function in Chrome makes it workable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 am

That Asia set looks absolutely wonderful, what is the size of these figures?

sbell

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 11:16 am

That Asia set looks absolutely wonderful, what is the size of these figures?

Colorata usually varies, but because of the lunchbox sales concept, they tend to be smaller. Usually a little bigger than the average Play Visions or Kaiyodo model, but each figure is different in the box...and they aren't usually to scale.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Numaan

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2018 1:01 am

Any news on the new wildlife sets? Any web links? I cannot see any info anywhere... :-(
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Embarassed I missed this topic and something really interesting is happening here! How many dholes we need? affraid

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Numaan

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 5:38 am

So I wrote to Colorata about their new animal sets and received this reply today:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your inquiry about our new products.
Now we are planning to release these two sets in this summer.
We are sorry to have kept you waiting, but please kindly wait for a while. Thanks.

Anyway at least the sets are coming out and not withdrawn as I feared....although I would still like some more info and pictures! Let's see....

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2018 6:05 am

OMG, totally missed this thread :O So lovely sets, although for me, there are only some new species. But yes, a dohle! How wonderful! I´m very excited which animals they will release in the other boxes Very Happy But as always, I don´t need the whole set, but only some figurines.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 4:17 am

So I wrote to Colorata about their new animal sets and received this reply today:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your inquiry about our new products.
Now we are planning to release these two sets in this summer.
We are sorry to have kept you waiting, but please kindly wait for a while. Thanks.

Anyway at least the sets are coming out and not withdrawn as I feared....although I would still like some more info and pictures! Let's see....

Thanks Numaan! those are good news and I rotated the picture of the African and Asian sets to be sure it was real. Laughing The Asian set is incredibly exciting! bounce

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2018 5:01 am

WOW ! Great new !!! How could I have missed it ? Sleep Laughing

Numaan
Numaan

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 3:41 am

hi guys

the colorata box set launch has now been delayed until October. I think they are having some issues.

Here is the latest info from a contact:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your concern to our products.
We are sorry to have kept you waiting for this matter. We already launched these 2 boxes at some of the museums and zoos in Japan, but we have to ask you to wait a little bit more time for introducing them in our website. Our schedule of launching these boxes at our website is delayed and now we are trying to release these boxes in this October.
We are sorry to bother you about this matter, but we appreciate your understanding to our situation. Thank you.

So these must now be available at the main natural history museum and zoos of Japan.....
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 7:05 am

Thankyou very much for this info, Numaan flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 7:56 am

Thanks also from me, Numaan! These Colorata are really exciting! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 4:23 pm

widukind

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 am

The 4 sets now

sbell

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 5:13 am

The 4 sets now

Seeing them now... I need the hyena.

But that African dog? It really missed the mark. The rest look nice though!

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:55 am

Friends here is a better definition of the Asian set Very Happy Cool drunken bounce

Cool bounce drunken Wink
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 9:01 am

Here is another picture of all the boxes Very Happy Wink  affraid

scratch jocolor
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanks Jean-Luc. Apparently nobody got it yet. Sad

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:22 pm

The problem with Colorata for me is, that as a species collector, I don´t need every figurine. Seeing my wishlist, I´m only interested in several figurines. For the new releases, I think the Axis Deer and the Dhole are a Must-Have, but I´ve already a Gaur, Tiger, etc.
But often the Colorate animals are sold as a box (which is expensive) and it´s hard to get the figurines without buying the whole lot. So i´ve only 3 figurines in my collection, even that I wish I could get more of them.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 2:54 am

This Asian set is very interesting. and very hard to get it.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 11:28 am

The problem with Colorata for me is, that as a species collector, I don´t need every figurine. Seeing my wishlist, I´m only interested in several figurines. For the new releases, I think the Axis Deer and the Dhole are a Must-Have, but I´ve already a Gaur, Tiger, etc.
But often the Colorate animals are sold as a box (which is expensive) and it´s hard to get the figurines without buying the whole lot. So i´ve only 3 figurines in my collection, even that I wish I could get more of them.

I understand it perfectly once it is the same with me. Wink However, I am very curious about that dhole, I wished I could see some pictures of it! bounce

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:39 am

What you think are the new wild cat species?

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:44 am

Southeast Asia: clouded leopard
Eurasia + North America: Amur leopard (?) and Iberian (?) lynx.
South America: jaguar
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:47 am

Thank you :)

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:49 am

I am working off of tiny images so don't hold me to these :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 8:55 am

Hard to see indeed. Aren't the six figures on top right all North America? American bison, elk, prairie dog, polar bear, mouflon (looks an European mouflon but maybe intends to represent a bighorn) and a bobcat.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 9:14 am

Hard to see indeed. Aren't the six figures on top right all North America? American bison, elk, prairie dog, polar bear, mouflon (looks an European mouflon but maybe intends to represent a bighorn) and a bobcat.

that was my initial thought. I am not sure if it is 6 from each continent of a mix of local and Holarctic species. Since these figures tend to be smaller, I might want a prairie dog.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 11:15 am

that was my initial thought. I am not sure if it is 6 from each continent of a mix of local and Holarctic species. Since these figures tend to be smaller, I might want a prairie dog.

For a prairie dog I already have the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems these are sets of 12 figures each, being the right side ones divided in two groups of 6 each, I guess. At least it seems consistent.
However, my mobile phone translates the symbols under the red panda as "Old Northern Ward" Laughing only the first symbol is different in the other group. I don't know why ward but maybe it is a reference to Northern hemishphere of the old world. study

The bottom right group is very consistente:
Kangaroo, Koala, platypus, cassowary, wombat and Tasmanian devil are all Australian while giant anteater, jaguar, capybara, Brazilian tapir, maned wolf and sloth are all South American.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:37 pm

For a prairie dog I already have the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems these are sets of 12  figures each, being the right side ones divided in two groups of 6 each, I guess. At least it seems consistent.
However, my mobile phone translates the symbols under the red panda as "Old Northern Ward" Laughing only the first symbol is different in the other group. I don't know why ward but maybe it is a reference to Northern hemishphere of the old world.  study

The bottom right group is very consistente:
Kangaroo, Koala, platypus, cassowary, wombat and Tasmanian devil are all Australian while giant anteater, jaguar, capybara, Brazilian tapir, maned wolf and sloth are all South American.

But it could be a interesting subspecie :)

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 10:03 am

These boxes look very interesting. Does anyone know how to buy them? The Colorata website says that they do not deliver overseas Mad
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 pm

These boxes look very interesting. Does anyone know how to buy them? The Colorata website says that they do not deliver overseas Mad

Ask Brettnj :)

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 2:50 am

Thanks, I have some on order now. I'll report back when they arrive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 3:29 am

Here are the Colorata Ethiopian and Oriental region boxes. For anyone who is unfamiliar with Colorata: The figures are quite small (African elephant height: 5.5 cm; Asian elephant: 4.5 cm). Good looking animals – I think Colorata has found a good middle ground between cuteness and realism. Both boxes come with a small booklet that contains some information about the animals.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 5:15 am

Great pics :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 7:22 am

Very eloquent pictures. I think we can see easily how they look like and their sizes. The measurements provided are very useful too. Getting Japanese sets may always represent a big investment and it may result disappointing when someone unfamiliar with Colorata, gets disappointed with their small sizes. I am really interested in that dhole and eventually two or three more look interesting to me but getting a complete set just because of a few figures is really inadvisable.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am

Yeah I won't be pursuing any of these for my Synoptic Collection; they are all a bit small for the species and for the non-unique species, there are better examples elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 10:08 am

Yeah I won't be pursuing any of these for my Synoptic Collection; they are all a bit small for the species and for the non-unique species, there are better examples elsewhere.

Except for the Dhole :) This is the first figure made of a Dhole Very Happy

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 9:40 am

I was mainly after the 1:32 scale animals, but I actually like the collections as a whole. The fact that they come in a box and have an information booklet makes it feel as if you have a bit of a collector's item. Unfortunately for me, the dhole is a bit too large for 1:32 scale, but there are several other good ones (Wild dog, hyena, clouded leopard).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 9:47 am

I agree, if individually these pieces are not the top of the cake, the whole collection looks wonderful. I am however surprised with the species you told that can fit on 1:32 scale. I thought these were too big and the tiger and similar sized creatures could match better the scale mentioned. If these are good for you, that is excellent once those were not common species in vintage brands.

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 9:21 pm

I need that dhole, I need that dohle, I need that dhole Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2019 10:34 pm

WOW !!!! cheers

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 8:30 am

Because he is a unique animal figure, here are two close-ups of the dhole. He looks sly!

His shoulder height is 2.2 cm, ear height 3.1 cm. Given his size, the painting of his face is very detailed.

If you were just interested in the sly dhole, you could buy the whole set and sell the other animals individually on Ebay. I don't think you'd make a loss.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 10:17 am

wonderful pictures of one of my most wanted figures. Very Happy
The pose and expression reminds me a lot the composition Elastolin fox you can see in my collection.
That's almost a legendary release. We obviously don't know every single animal figure made in this world but we already know thousands of them... and it seems to be the first time a dhole is released.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 11:51 am

I was mainly after the 1:32 scale animals, but I actually like the collections as a whole. The fact that they come in a box and have an information booklet makes it feel as if you have a bit of a collector's item. Unfortunately for me, the dhole is a bit too large for 1:32 scale, but there are several other good ones (Wild dog, hyena, clouded leopard).

Indeed the dhole is between 1/25 and 1/20 scale, it is too bad for Britains and relatives collector but I guess 1/20 specialists would be very happy with it Very Happy

sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 3:12 pm

I would still like to get that hyena and dhole, but the cost of the Colorata set is prohibitive, and it's not always possible to find individuals (and, let's be honest, those are figures that people are buying the sets for!)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 12:17 am

thanks to your sharing and good pictures, I know I wont try to get this so cartoonist replica!.. I hope CollectA or Mojo fun Will release one very soon..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News about Colorata   News about Colorata - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

News about Colorata
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2