Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inspirations for the figurines

Go down 
+11
Advicot
costicuba
Pardofelis
LUCIO
PhocidPhreak
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
widukind
Roger
sbell
Bowhead Whale
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Inspirations for the figurines Empty
PostSubject: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:35 pm

widukind wrote:
In the past i think i found a few figurine inspirations for the brands. Some we discuss here :) Do you know more?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

May I bring your attention on something, please? It's about Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians. In my room, I have a book edited by Marshall Editions about prehistoric animals. It's the 2000 french version of a book lensed in english back in 1988. I want you to look at the pages about the prehistoric amphibians. Do you noticed the same thing as I did? For their Prehistoric Amphibians line, PLAY VISIONS USED, AS MODELS, THE VERY ILLUSTRATIONS OF THAT BOOK. The postures are the same, the colors are the same, the textures are the same. All the very same!
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: PV prehisMarine reptiles inspiration   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:43 pm

The same book was used for models of the prehistoric mammals and prehistoric reptiles as well!

And those illustrations have shown up in many different books over the last 30+ years. Plus a Grolier CD-ROM called Prehistoria

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 2:31 am

Something inspirational indeed! Laughing
Thanks Bowhead! :)That's another treasure from PV world. Very Happy

I am using the chance to show Christophe's collection to turn easier to everyone to compare.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 5:33 am

The lemurs was inspired by Grzimeks book.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:31 am

Thankyou, Roger ( and Christophe), - this suddenly made this topic interesting for an ignorant like me Applause

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 pm

sbell wrote:
The same book was used for models of the prehistoric mammals and prehistoric reptiles as well!

And those illustrations have shown up in many different books over the last 30+ years. Plus a Grolier CD-ROM called Prehistoria

You own a copy of that book too?
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
sbell wrote:

You own a copy of that book too?

I think I have two, and I have seen several others reusing the same illustrations. Plus the CD-ROM (which uses older pictures--and does not include the conodont)

The main one is The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Creatures.

Some pages can be see here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(I can't remember my login to check...!)

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 6:42 pm

In the past i think i found a few figurine inspirations for the brands. Some we discuss here :) Do you know more?

Nayab

Playvisions

Safari Ltd

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Interresting topic Very Happy I need to think about it Wink
Back to top Go down
PhocidPhreak

PhocidPhreak

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 8:23 pm

The Monterey Bay adult beluga was modeled after a whale named Ferdinand from Zoo Duisburg. He now lives at SeaWorld in San Diego.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 8:49 pm

What a gorgeous creature affraid drunken cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 pm

About Lineol and Albert Cassmann

The animals of the Berlin Zoo served as models for the wild animals. Two famous examples from the production of animal figurines are the hippopotamus Knautschke and the goblin "Bobby", which Albert Caasmann has immortalized in miniature.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 6:41 pm

PhocidPhreak wrote:
The Monterey Bay adult beluga was modeled after a whale named Ferdinand from Zoo Duisburg. He now lives at SeaWorld in San Diego.

I have that

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptySat May 20, 2017 3:15 pm

widukind wrote:
About Lineol and Albert Cassmann

The animals of the Berlin Zoo served as models for the wild animals. Two famous examples from the production of animal figurines are the hippopotamus Knautschke and the goblin "Bobby", which Albert Caasmann has immortalized in miniature.

If you see any older postcards of the zoo of Berlin from the 1920s you can see any that models of the first Lineol serie

i think in a old guide of that zoo you can see also any :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptySat May 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Fantastic post cards, - and even more interesting if you have the models drunken

Thankyou for the links, Andreas ! I love this kind of history about the models Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 6:27 pm

widukind wrote:

Added to the topic. Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
widukind wrote:

Added to the topic. Wink

Thanks

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 6:41 pm

Back to top Go down
LUCIO

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: papo coyote figurine   Inspirations for the figurines EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Hello, friends.

I have found an image of two canids  in a book called " the wolves of north america". the smaller one is a coyote and the larger one is a wolf. The coyote resembles  much the papo 2004 wolf figurine.

Therefore papo has made a mistake. What everyone thinks is a wolf is indeed a coyote[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 11:41 pm

It seems you have a good eye to these things and I think [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is the perfect for posting these inspirations you find. Very Happy
In this case, things are not so clear to me, maybe I need a better pic. scratch

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 10:00 pm

CollectA diana monkey:

CollectA brown bear:

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 10:38 pm

Sometimes the figure looks a lot like the real as it happens with the bear but sometimes the real animal looks a lot like the figure as it is that famous Diana monkey. Laughing
I think this one is more coincidental than inspirational but it also deserves a reference.

Mojö spotted hyena

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 12:59 am

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 10:21 am

Very good

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspirations for the figurines   Inspirations for the figurines Empty

Back to top Go down

Inspirations for the figurines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next