Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+15
Bloodrayne
WILLYBACOMAN
SUSANNE
75senta75
costicuba
Takama
Roger
widukind
NightLioness
LeeAnn
Anne from Norway
Saarlooswolfhound
JamesPanda
Ana
Kikimalou
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 am

If I tell you: Christmas, Bonhomme de bois, Papo, Polacantus, Walkaround and Kikimalou. Which one is an outlier? You know?  scratch No?  Shocked  Maybe Christmas? Why?  santa
Kikimalou bought a Papo Polacanthus at the ”Bonhomme de Bois” shop  and is making a walkaround BEFORE Christmas!  Laughing

So I won’t explain what is Kikimalou, Christmas, Papo and ”Bonhomme de bois” shop, I guess you will find good answers.  Wink

What about Polacanthus?  study

It was an armored, spiked, plant-eating dinosaur of the early Cretaceous of Western Europe (Mostly England, Spain, Belgium, Germany and France). Polacanthus foxii was found on the Isle of Wight in 1865.
Fossil remains of this ankylosaur are rare, and some important anatomical features, such as its skull, are poorly known. Its length is estimated at 5 meters long and its weight at two tonnes. The most noticeable detail of Polacanthus is a flat armour plates of dermal bone over its hips, decorated with tubercles. It is thought that both tail and front of the body including neck featured two parallel rows of spikes, one per side.

What about walkaround?  geek

Papo Polacantus scale is a about 1/27. It is a small Papo, at the same size than the ”Ankylosaurus”. The pose is very dynamic and sweet? Cute? something different from Papo tradition. Nevertheless it is a beautiful purple grey guy.

The head is armored and very ”Ankylosaurish” , the pelvic shield on the hips is present and there are Spikes pairs, several, on the body. It’s not the same song for the tail, we can find the two spikes lines one each sides but Papo add a third line on the top of the tail. This is probably more dramatic but less, far less accurate.
Toes? Four on the ground and one more as a vestigial toe on each side, it could be ok for the forefeet but nor for the Hindfeet which have only four toes in real.

Not as realistic as the Toyway Polacanthus but far more than the ColectA’s one, this critter have lot of  personality, too bad the tail is missed.

My Polacanthus playing with a Lego
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

Let's dance?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:56 am

Some Hip Hop?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:59 am

More pics?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:01 am

With friends

With CollectA

With Toyway

All together

Need something to eat!

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:38 am

Kikimalou, the walkaround, the Papo and the Polacanthus, are all magnificent and amazing!!!
Beautiful photos and great model! AND a great pleasure to see our good friend posting this lovely topic, continuing a great tradition Very Happy cheers Thank you for doing this Kikimalou!
By the way, I love the crazy colour combination on the first photo, the lime green and fiery background and the almost violet/purple coloured dino, that's quite a pop-art colour concept alien

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 am

Ana wrote:
Kikimalou, the walkaround, the Papo and the Polacanthus, are all magnificent and amazing!!!
Beautiful photos and great model! AND a great pleasure to see our good friend posting this lovely topic, continuing a great tradition Very Happy cheers Thank you for doing this Kikimalou!
By the way, I love the crazy colour combination on the first photo, the lime green and fiery background and the almost violet/purple coloured dino, that's quite a pop-art colour concept alien

Thank you dear Anna cheers Yes it is a Popartcanthus Laughing
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Excellent figure !! and congrats Kiki on getting this so early !!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 2:28 pm

A great walk-around of a great dinosaur, and early too. I really really like the color of this one... drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 2:50 pm

Great figure, he is supercute! Thanks for a great and informative walk around!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Thank you for your comments. Very Happy

Yes it is cute, which is surprising for a Papo dino. drunken It has a lot of personnal charisma and a bit lack of accuracy, both aren't surprising for a Papo dino. Wink

About the colors, we should call her Violetta Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Fantastic walkaround Christophe cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Laughing Thank you LeeAnn cheers
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Violetta drunken cheers
Can I pet it? :3

Great walkaround Kiki! Dank je!!!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Interesting, do you know if he walked also in the area of Germany? Nice dinosaur walkaround :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I thought of including in the letter to Santa Claus a special request to see again the iconic walk aronds by Kikimalou on forum! santa monkey Yes, it is happening again and it is time to celebrate. I entered in this hobby surely with a lot of influence from these walk arounds of the Crazy French Macaque. I was just searching for some figures to my niece when someone presented to the entire world how artistic these are and how devoted could be an adulte to these figures presenting them with a special love and professional photographic sqills. cheers Saying thanks to Kikimalou is the minimun we can do to thank these wonderful topics. :) Regarding the figure, it looks very nice to me and I do believe that most dinosaurs were in real quite cute. Not all should look like monsters. Also, it looks cute what doesn't mean cartoonish. I love this picture.

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Kiki, were these photos soposed to be under embargo for the rest of the internet? because someone posted some of the photos on the DTF, and i wanted to make sure if this is not a case were you were given this model and ask STS to keep it secret from the rest of the internet for a limited time?

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 6:43 pm

A walkaround by Kikimalou cheers
And it is of a 2017 Papo model affraid cheers cheers cheers
Great surprise !
Thank you for this new and again perfect, and interesting walkaround Kiki :)
The model looks very nice...although, like you informed us, it is not so accurate,
but with shure Papo style of dinamic posture and great details.
I really like the colors too :)
Cute, friendly Violetta Very Happy

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Great walkaround! Very good description and photos in the way as we know it from you.
The "Real Kikimalous "! The way of making of these photos are already a kind of "true Kiki-trademark" Applause Applause

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Hurraaay ! cheers

Christophe is walking around again, - and this time he is walking around a lovely, sweet, purple lady bounce cheers

How I enjoy to see your beautyful pictures, dear friend, - and your new lady is a superb model for the catwalk ( must be quite a sturdy caltwalk scratch Laughing )

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Nice mon ami, and good to see you back!

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 pm

The hiphop pictures made me laugh! Very Happy Thank you!
I like the purple colour, and it's very detailed and life like, just like Papo always make their dinosaurs.
And I love it. I don't have a clue about accuracy, so I can't comment on that.
I'm still not sure about the pose. Can a heavily neck armoured dinosaur like that lift its head up that high?

It looks just as awkward as the CollectA 2017 Spanish Bull to me.
Imposing looking, but awkward.

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 12:36 am

Interesting figure.
Marvellous pictures and excelent comparison.

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 1:17 am

Thank you Christophe! Great walkaround as always. Congrats!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 am

Takama wrote:
Kiki, were these photos soposed to be under embargo for the rest of the internet?    because someone posted some of the photos on the DTF, and i wanted to make sure if this is not a case were you were given this model and ask STS to keep it secret from the rest of the internet for a limited time?

Well Takama, I made this walkaround for this forum but I can't decide embargo because I have no army.

I saw my pics on DTF and I read the comments about the model, and about the fact that one must be STS member to watch the pics. Indeed STS doesn't allow a guest to watch pics but STS allow a collector to be a part of us so I guess it isn't a problem.

I read than someone joined us only to take the pics and paste them on DTF, I would prefer he asked me, I don't like this way of proceeding. I would never paste a pic from DTF or ATF to STS without asking.

After reading all the comments on DTF, I conclude that I'm very proud of civilized STS members and I would never spend my time to make a walkaround anywhere else. It is too bad because I was a DTF member even before STS exists and I like a lot some members of this forum.

And about you Takama, you are a very loyal STS member and I apppreciate a lot your attitude. Thank you to be here! sunny

By the way I posted my two cents about this on DTF.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next