Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Please KLICK HERE to enter your suggestion for the Show-Us-Yours of August sunny

PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:51 am

If I tell you: Christmas, Bonhomme de bois, Papo, Polacantus, Walkaround and Kikimalou. Which one is an outlier? You know?  scratch No?  Shocked  Maybe Christmas? Why?  santa
Kikimalou bought a Papo Polacanthus at the ”Bonhomme de Bois” shop  and is making a walkaround BEFORE Christmas!  Laughing

So I won’t explain what is Kikimalou, Christmas, Papo and ”Bonhomme de bois” shop, I guess you will find good answers.  Wink

What about Polacanthus?  study

It was an armored, spiked, plant-eating dinosaur of the early Cretaceous of Western Europe (Mostly England, Spain, Belgium, Germany and France). Polacanthus foxii was found on the Isle of Wight in 1865.
Fossil remains of this ankylosaur are rare, and some important anatomical features, such as its skull, are poorly known. Its length is estimated at 5 meters long and its weight at two tonnes. The most noticeable detail of Polacanthus is a flat armour plates of dermal bone over its hips, decorated with tubercles. It is thought that both tail and front of the body including neck featured two parallel rows of spikes, one per side.

What about walkaround?  geek

Papo Polacantus scale is a about 1/27. It is a small Papo, at the same size than the ”Ankylosaurus”. The pose is very dynamic and sweet? Cute? something different from Papo tradition. Nevertheless it is a beautiful purple grey guy.

The head is armored and very ”Ankylosaurish” , the pelvic shield on the hips is present and there are Spikes pairs, several, on the body. It’s not the same song for the tail, we can find the two spikes lines one each sides but Papo add a third line on the top of the tail. This is probably more dramatic but less, far less accurate.
Toes? Four on the ground and one more as a vestigial toe on each side, it could be ok for the forefeet but nor for the Hindfeet which have only four toes in real.

Not as realistic as the Toyway Polacanthus but far more than the ColectA’s one, this critter have lot of  personality, too bad the tail is missed.

My Polacanthus playing with a Lego
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am

Let's dance?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:56 am

Some Hip Hop?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:59 am

More pics?

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:01 am

With friends

With CollectA

With Toyway

All together

Need something to eat!

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:38 am

Kikimalou, the walkaround, the Papo and the Polacanthus, are all magnificent and amazing!!!
Beautiful photos and great model! AND a great pleasure to see our good friend posting this lovely topic, continuing a great tradition Very Happy cheers Thank you for doing this Kikimalou!
By the way, I love the crazy colour combination on the first photo, the lime green and fiery background and the almost violet/purple coloured dino, that's quite a pop-art colour concept alien

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Kikimalou, the walkaround, the Papo and the Polacanthus, are all magnificent and amazing!!!
Beautiful photos and great model! AND a great pleasure to see our good friend posting this lovely topic, continuing a great tradition Very Happy cheers Thank you for doing this Kikimalou!
By the way, I love the crazy colour combination on the first photo, the lime green and fiery background and the almost violet/purple coloured dino, that's quite a pop-art colour concept alien

Thank you dear Anna cheers Yes it is a Popartcanthus Laughing

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 12:53 pm

Excellent figure !! and congrats Kiki on getting this so early !!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 2:28 pm

A great walk-around of a great dinosaur, and early too. I really really like the color of this one... drunken

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Anne from Norway

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 2:50 pm

Great figure, he is supercute! Thanks for a great and informative walk around!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:09 pm

Thank you for your comments. Very Happy

Yes it is cute, which is surprising for a Papo dino. drunken It has a lot of personnal charisma and a bit lack of accuracy, both aren't surprising for a Papo dino. Wink

About the colors, we should call her Violetta Very Happy

LeeAnn
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Fantastic walkaround Christophe cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Laughing Thank you LeeAnn cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:42 pm

Violetta drunken cheers
Can I pet it? :3

Great walkaround Kiki! Dank je!!!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Interesting, do you know if he walked also in the area of Germany? Nice dinosaur walkaround :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I thought of including in the letter to Santa Claus a special request to see again the iconic walk aronds by Kikimalou on forum! santa monkey Yes, it is happening again and it is time to celebrate. I entered in this hobby surely with a lot of influence from these walk arounds of the Crazy French Macaque. I was just searching for some figures to my niece when someone presented to the entire world how artistic these are and how devoted could be an adulte to these figures presenting them with a special love and professional photographic sqills. cheers Saying thanks to Kikimalou is the minimun we can do to thank these wonderful topics. :) Regarding the figure, it looks very nice to me and I do believe that most dinosaurs were in real quite cute. Not all should look like monsters. Also, it looks cute what doesn't mean cartoonish. I love this picture.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Kiki, were these photos soposed to be under embargo for the rest of the internet? because someone posted some of the photos on the DTF, and i wanted to make sure if this is not a case were you were given this model and ask STS to keep it secret from the rest of the internet for a limited time?

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 6:43 pm

A walkaround by Kikimalou cheers
And it is of a 2017 Papo model affraid cheers cheers cheers
Great surprise !
Thank you for this new and again perfect, and interesting walkaround Kiki :)
The model looks very nice...although, like you informed us, it is not so accurate,
but with shure Papo style of dinamic posture and great details.
I really like the colors too :)
Cute, friendly Violetta Very Happy

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Great walkaround! Very good description and photos in the way as we know it from you.
The "Real Kikimalous "! The way of making of these photos are already a kind of "true Kiki-trademark" Applause Applause

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Hurraaay ! cheers

Christophe is walking around again, - and this time he is walking around a lovely, sweet, purple lady bounce cheers

How I enjoy to see your beautyful pictures, dear friend, - and your new lady is a superb model for the catwalk ( must be quite a sturdy caltwalk scratch Laughing )

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:42 pm

Nice mon ami, and good to see you back!

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 pm

The hiphop pictures made me laugh! Very Happy Thank you!
I like the purple colour, and it's very detailed and life like, just like Papo always make their dinosaurs.
And I love it. I don't have a clue about accuracy, so I can't comment on that.
I'm still not sure about the pose. Can a heavily neck armoured dinosaur like that lift its head up that high?

It looks just as awkward as the CollectA 2017 Spanish Bull to me.
Imposing looking, but awkward.

Last edited by Bloodrayne on Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 12:36 am

Interesting figure.
Marvellous pictures and excelent comparison.

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 1:17 am

Thank you Christophe! Great walkaround as always. Congrats!

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 am

Kiki, were these photos soposed to be under embargo for the rest of the internet?    because someone posted some of the photos on the DTF, and i wanted to make sure if this is not a case were you were given this model and ask STS to keep it secret from the rest of the internet for a limited time?

Well Takama, I made this walkaround for this forum but I can't decide embargo because I have no army.

I saw my pics on DTF and I read the comments about the model, and about the fact that one must be STS member to watch the pics. Indeed STS doesn't allow a guest to watch pics but STS allow a collector to be a part of us so I guess it isn't a problem.

I read than someone joined us only to take the pics and paste them on DTF, I would prefer he asked me, I don't like this way of proceeding. I would never paste a pic from DTF or ATF to STS without asking.

After reading all the comments on DTF, I conclude that I'm very proud of civilized STS members and I would never spend my time to make a walkaround anywhere else. It is too bad because I was a DTF member even before STS exists and I like a lot some members of this forum.

And about you Takama, you are a very loyal STS member and I apppreciate a lot your attitude. Thank you to be here! sunny

By the way I posted my two cents about this on DTF.

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:08 am

@ NightLioness: Yes you can pet it, if you have enough carrots of course  Laughing

@ Widukind: I guess this one will walk in Germany in 2017  Very Happy  For Polacanthus Foxxi, after reading your comments I discovered it probably lived also in Germany and Belgium.  Wink  I will add this to the first post  Very Happy

@ Rogério: Please stop with your compliment or I will soon begin to cry  Embarassed   Laughing . I agree with you dinosaurs were animals and not monsters, some were probably as terrific as rabbits and others as cute as vultures !
I love also this picture, I "shot" Violetta when she was asking for more chips potatoes  Wink

@ Costicuba: Thank you to like my work Kosta, it matters cheers

@ 75senta75: The real Kikimalou thank you very much Yvette. Big hug  cheers

@ Susanne: Thank you Susanne, I'm so happy I fulfill one of my commitments at last  Wink  For the Catwalk I asked Jean-Paul Gaultier but he wanted to add a sailor stripe jersey. Violetta said No!

@ Willybacoman: Thank you Willy, it's good to know that two macaques are still alive  Very Happy

@ Bloodrayne: Thank you Simone  Very Happy , Violetta doesn't know how to dance Salsa yet  Wink  I also like the color, I'm not a fan of parrots like colored dinosaurs. About the neck, since armored crocdiles ara able to do that (see pic below) I see no reason a Polacanthus would be unable to do it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@ Landrover and Donny ong: Thank you very much  cheers

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 pm

Yes! You are right! I guess the spikes on shoulder and neck made me think they would be in the way when it would lift its head up high.
But seeing Roger doing his yoga poses on the beach makes it a lot more believable.
Laughing

widukind

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Thank you

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Absolutely AWESOME walkaround for an AWESOME figure! Congrats, and I can't wait to get one!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Thank you Malatesta Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 12:28 pm

@ Susanne: Thank you Susanne, I'm so happy I fulfill one of my commitments at last  Wink  For the Catwalk I asked Jean-Paul Gaultier but he wanted to add a sailor stripe jersey. Violetta said NO!

Violetta isn't only beautyful, - she als has a good taste and great willpower cheers Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 am

OK, I'll stop with my compliments and with my yoga on beaches as long as you promise you'll continue opening topics like these. Laughing cheers Actually, it was just a trivial narrative to show you how much I like your walk arounds. Very Happy
I haven't read yet the entire topic on DTF where your pictures were posted but I could see that some Cretaceous creatures thought crazy macaques were a kind of exotic meal. . Laughing Fortunately, moderation team knows perfectly who is Kikimalou and you're not definitively the guy from another forum as someone "pompusly" called you there. Your a global collector and a renowned macaque in this hobby. I know you're completely himune to these little incidents and believe me that those are things from the past... prehistoric perhaps. Laughing

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Was anybody unkind to out macaque affraid

Tell me where I can find them, and I will give the the Siamussy-treatment :
Make ribbons out of their curtains, make fluff out of their most expensive furniture, push all their dog-looking models on the floor, chew their new woolen socks and throw them up in their bed !!! cat Suspect cat Twisted Evil Laughing

Laughing ...well, at a second thought - perhaps I won't chew socks Rolling Eyes tongue lol!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Rogério, Susanne, everything is fine for me and I know ATF and DTF are full of nice collectors too Wink

We don't need to chew socks Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 11:36 pm

Siamussy treatment? affraid affraid affraid Laughing Laughing Everything is fine and I know this hobby is full of great collectors, ATF and DTF included, of course. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 3:32 am

I`ve read all comments in DTF , about your photos Kiki : good and bad ...what can I say..
different people - different mentality.
But for shure I want to say, Kiki, you have my admirations for your polite, calm , but in a same time -vindicate justice attitude, which you showed with your comments there, and which I really like.
:)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 9:15 am

Thank you Kosta Very Happy

And now... Let's talk about the Polacanthus Wink

I think I will customize the tail to make it more accurate, the third spike line is giving me itching Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 6:30 pm

I think I will customize the tail to make it more accurate, the third spike line is giving me itching Laughing

This will be very nice and interesting to see Wink

postsaurischian

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 9:10 am

Very Happy Wonderful walkaround! I enjoyed it a lot, even after having the figure for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 10:17 am

Very Happy Wonderful walkaround! I enjoyed it a lot, even after having the figure for a while now.

Thank you Very Happy So what do you think about it?

postsaurischian

postsaurischian

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Thank you Very Happy  So what do you think about it?

I really like it! It's very well done and it's one of Papo's more "scientifically orientated" prehistoric figures, which I prefer Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou   PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

PaPo Polacanthus "before Christmas" walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1