Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses

Go down 
+2
Roger
LindsyCreedon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LindsyCreedon

LindsyCreedon

Country/State : ON, Canada

Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses Empty
PostSubject: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 8:42 pm

I am not sure which the best place is to post this, so please forgive me if it's not the best. I'd like to buy a covered wagon or stage coach etc. for Schleich sized horses. I would just buy the Schleich ones but they are too expensive now. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't mind a kit that I could put together either.
Thanks!
Lindsy.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 12:03 am

Lindsy, I believe it is not easy to find a cheap carriage with reasonable quality that fits with Schleich. You can try, among Action Figures, especially 1:18 scale, try to find if it exist. Other major companies, working at the same scale don't have this kind of toys. However, don't loose your hope, if someone on forum knows where to find it, that person will surely tell you. Very Happy

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 5:26 pm

I don't know how handy you are, but I'll put this youtube link here. It's fun to watch.
This person makes wonderful things out simpel craft sticks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LindsyCreedon

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Right now in Canada it would cost me $200-$500 for the Schleich covered wagon, so cheap is relative! LOL I've seen a few kits on line but it is very difficult to determine what scale they are as it is often not listed.

I may have to resort to building my own.

Lindsy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:40 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
I don't know how handy you are, but I'll put this youtube link here. It's fun to watch.

Gosh ! Fabulous, - that is both impressive and beautyful !!!
I don't even dare to think about what a mess I could make out of that Embarassed Laughing

Lindsy, - this could become a wonderful topic, - I can't wait to see if other people have good ideas bounce

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Wow yeah, those prices are insane.
Maybe a zero less, like $20-$50 would be more reasonable, right?

I'm a collector.
I know that when you have your mind set on a Schleich thingy it is hard to let go of that vision, because Schleich is very good in making nice looking thingies.  Twisted Evil
But when knowing it will cost you $200, it is worth to look around for something that looks close enough.
And that's what you are doing right now.
Try Googeling for wagon/carriage plastic pvc or toy/model.
Garage sales maybe? Online auction sites in Canada? People with grown up kids...what do they still have stacked in the attic?

Let go of the Schleich dream for just a month and look around.
It can be amazing what the world has to offer when you let go of all restrictions.  sunny
Even a cheap toy can look amazing after you put some paint on it.

SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:

Gosh ! Fabulous, - that is both impressive and beautyful !!!
I don't even dare to think about what a mess I could make out of that Embarassed Laughing

You would probably be stuck to the internet forever because of the Elmer woodglue. lol!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 10:52 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:

Ahhh, that is a bit cheap. Very Happy  - I think they were about 80 dollars when they were available in the shops ...at least in Denmark Rolling Eyes

An afterthought : if we only talk about the wagon, and it does not matter if it is played with, 20 + might be ok, of course Very Happy

stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 8:31 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:

Ahhh, that is a bit cheap. Very Happy  - I think they were about 80 dollars when they were available in the shops ...at least in Denmark Rolling Eyes

An afterthought : if we only talk about the wagon, and it does not matter if it is played with, 20 + might be ok, of course Very Happy

For some reason they don't sell for as much on ebay.co.uk  usually around the £40/50 mark one sold this week for 45 with other figures as well

another for even less

so worth keeping eye out on there although i guess the postage would be quite high to canada or outside europe
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 8:58 am

Interesting links, thanks, Steve Very Happy

Yes, if it is ok that they are a bit scratched, you may find much better prices . So it is a good idea to be patient and keep looking Very Happy

LindsyCreedon

LindsyCreedon

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 4:30 pm

I have been watching the UK and German sites. Anything reasonable I've seen, the seller refuses to ship to Canada. I haven't been looking recently, and I suppose I should as the UK to Canadian exchange rate is much better since Brexit. Prior to that the exchange was about $1 Canadian=2.5UK.

Lindsy.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 12:54 pm

I have the covered wagon (without the horses) and it only collects dust. I´ve thought about selling it several times and never find time for taking photos or thinking about the price. If you´re interested I can look for it.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
LindsyCreedon

LindsyCreedon

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 11:20 pm

SyLoBe, thank you so much for the offer. I would have jumped at the chance but just before you wrote this I did manage to win an auction on the German eBay. It was still expansive but more than $100 less than I would have paid here, so I am very happy. It is complete although used. I am excitedly waiting for it to come, although it will take some time.

Thank you to stecal for suggesting eBay uk, I went looking on eBay.de and found some much better prices even with shipping costs. I do not know how it working in countries other than Canada or the USA but it is difficult to get items listed in Europe to come up here, so although it was a frustrating experience it was worth it in the end!

Lindsy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses   Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Wagons or Carriages that would fit Schleich horses
Page 1 of 1