Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My AAA collection, one toy by one

Go down 
+4
75senta75
SUSANNE
Roger
Thitanium Prince
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

My AAA collection, one toy by one Empty
PostSubject: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 10:03 am

I decided to make just one thread for my entire existing AAA collection, I think that I will make separate threads only if I buy brand new toys from the stockist.
All these toys has been used by me as a child, some of them are in a pretty nice shape, some of them have scratches and scuffs, paint marks and stuff like that. I won't show you the ones in terrible condition obviously.
But first a bit of nostalgia: AAA has been the major company sold in my town (located in southern Italy) all along the nineties: sure, you could find some bullyland, some safari carnegie dinosaurs, quite a lot of more obscure brands, remnants from the '70 and the '80, like the Starlux prehistoric mammals; but there was not yet the overpowering Schleich everywhere, actually it was pretty rare.
Here in Italy AAA was stocked by Edilio Parodi, the enterprise which gave us Subbuteo (finger soccer): I still remember the old school catalogues, with their funny translation errors, their different scale animals called "young/juvenile", the glossy cover with those outdated dinosaurs on it. Years later I decided to contact them, they still import AAA animals and they were kind enough to send me a digital version of the catalogue, which contained both the old, rubbery animals, and the (relatively) newer more solid ones, but you already know this story. Now I'm trying to be able, as a private customer, to buy something from them, but the future will give us an answer on that.

Let's start with something I've not seen around too much: the Ostrich. It's a pretty solid figure, with a grassy base and pretty good textures. With a fresh repaint it should look pretty neat, shortening its neck it would even work as a Rhea, in my opinion.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 4:39 pm

federico, this thread is surely is a good idea! The ostrich is not very commom among our collections indeed. It seems to be a female. Looking forward to see what you have to show to us next. bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Beautyful ostrich !!! I love AAAs and look much forward to see what others you have bounce cheers

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptySat Dec 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Do you also have the ostrich chick by AAA ? It´s a nice figure. Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 6:58 am

I would have loved to see a catalogue of AAA, it's all so confusing, they have so many! I have this ostrich and the chick hatching from his egg, it's very nice!
Back to top Go down
Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:02 am

Roger wrote:
federico, this thread is surely is a good idea! The ostrich is not very commom among our collections indeed. It seems to be a female. Looking forward to see what you have to show to us next. bounce

Yeah, it definitely looks like a female!

SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyful ostrich !!! I love AAAs and look much forward to see what others you have bounce cheers

I love AAA too, it has that old school vide which has a charm of its own, and you have an unbelievable collection of that brand, truly an impressive sight!

75senta75 wrote:
Do you also have the ostrich chick by AAA ? It´s a nice figure. Very Happy

Yeah, I've always liked it!

Anne from Norway wrote:
I would have loved to see a catalogue of AAA, it's all so confusing, they have so many! I have this ostrich and the chick hatching from his egg, it's very nice!

You can take a peek on an actual catalogue here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's not directly from AAA, but from a stockist, but it gives you a pretty accurate idea of what an AAA catalogue would have looked like!

Today's animal will be a really funny one, it's labeled as "Female orang" on my catalogue, and it has a hidden treasure behind her back! She surely doesn't want to share her favourite meal! I don't know if bananas can be actually be found in Borneo or Indonesia in general, but here she goes anyway ahahahah
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptySun Dec 18, 2016 8:28 am

Congrats, i really like that rhea :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 4:34 am

Laughing Laughing He is funny, - hiding the banana behind his back Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 10:39 am

No doubts whoever sculpted that figure had a lot of fun doing it. I find it very funny and it gives a special touch to that particular figure! monkey

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: How did you end up with a catalog?   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 11:21 pm

Dear Frederico: Okay, first, how did you end up with a catalog of AAA in the first place? If it's digital, could you send me acopy maybe? The reason why I ask is because AAA is a specialty of mine, being a collector of AAA myself. So as a collector, I need all the info I can get. Also I don't have the ostrich hatching, but I wish I did. Anyway, if you read this then send me the digital catalog, if you still have it. As for my collection, no new news as far as AAA finds go. Oh well, I'll find something in the future. Anyway, if you have any info regarding AAA's item numbers then let meknow

Aschuck
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 5:31 am

Thitanium Prince wrote:
With a fresh repaint it should look pretty neat, shortening its neck it would even work as a Rhea, in my opinion.

But a rhea with a missing toe in each foot Razz

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My AAA collection, one toy by one   My AAA collection, one toy by one Empty

Back to top Go down

My AAA collection, one toy by one
Page 1 of 1