Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear

Go down 
+3
Kikimalou
pokeyanyway
Bonobo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear Empty
PostSubject: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 2:40 am

Schleich has its lovers and his haters in this forum. Many, me included, criticise that Schleich is concentrating too much an too common animals.
If Schleich is renewing its lions, elefants and Co every three years I will only buy them if there are truly perfect. And that's something everybody has to decide on its own Very Happy  

BUT every year Schleich is surpising us with at least one jewel.
2016 we had the pangolin and the oryx
2015 we had a kalong and all the tiny sets
2014 had a puffin, a squirrel monkey and gibbons
2013 we had a bearded dragon, a vulture and a hyazinth macaw
I think that's enough Laughing Wink

2017 Schleich diceded to give us a sloth bear.
I was very happy about this choice, because I'm a huge lover of the asian fauna and I love especially the Asian bears. Maybe you remember that I even have done one as a homemade model. Wink
So it was a huge joy for me to see there are at least two asian bears comming in 2017. Besides the sloth bear, the moon bear from safari is on the top of my wishlist Very Happy

The sloth bear have its home in india. More or less 1 billion people live here, but there are still some dry forests and savannahs a bear can call home.
Sloth bears are equivalent to ardvarks in africa and giant anteaters in south america. They share a very similar habitat, behavior and food.
The next bear species around are moon bears, but they are not closly related. Some scients even see sloth bears in there own genus.
Definitly clear is, that there are two subspecies: Common sloth bear (Melursus ursinus ursinus) and Sri Lankan sloth bear (Melursus ursinus inornatus)
I would specify this model as a midle aged male from the continental supspecies  Wink

Ok, I won't let you wait anymore, here are the PHOTOS! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

comparison:

and with my homemade model:

I wish you all a merry christmas Very Happy santa rendeer

pokeyanyway

Country/State : Kentucky, United States

PostSubject: Re: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:22 am

That's a nice bear.

Quetzalcoatlus - 14506
Saltasaurus
Swiss Cow & Calf
Toco Toucan
And the rest are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 8:45 am

Big congratulation Lennart cheers

This bear is wonderful, I appreciate a lot the eyes, they let me think about Lineol eyes drunken

You are right, this year I felt in love for the pangolin, a real jewel, and I know it will be the same with this Sloth bear in 2017.

Your walkaround is excellent too with a very nice introduction and great pics. Nice to watch again your own slothbear Very Happy .

I wish you a merry Christmas cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 10:55 am

As I commented in several topics, Schleich is a kind of new brand now. Horses are less interesting, manufacturing quality is not as good as before but in terms of diversity, Schleich is now a more interesting brand. Not that we can compare with CollectA in this regard but surely it is much more interesting than it was 5-6 years ago. This bear is a very good piece and a fantastic species choice. Surely the highlight of Schleich for 2017. Thanks for great walk around and I have a great festivities season. Very Happy santa

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Nice pics of a nice bear :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 10:42 pm

What a wonderful, beautyful bear cheers

Thankyou very mucc for a great walkaround, - and congratulations with getting this model so fast Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 5:32 am

Wow, stunning bear, big congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear   very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear Empty

Back to top Go down

very early christmas present: Schleich 2017 Sloth Bear
Page 1 of 1