Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ERTL Horses

Go down 
+14
George
Babdo
Jill
sunny
Saarlooswolfhound
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Bonnie
Shanti
Jennypurr
widukind
SUSANNE
Dum_my
Taos
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 2:34 am

wow! that's amazing, I had no idea that ERTL did 1/32nd scale. I am learning so much here all the time!
Thank you for sharing Roger because this just opens up the 1/32nd collector world to me even more :)
It is quite dangerous drunken (where is the drooling emoji?!)

I really like the cute Shetland foal. And I see there is also a paint horse and foal too. They look nice.
And on the last pic - is that a Colorado Ranger?? horse with foal. It looks really nice as well.

Plus the mule foal Very Happy cheers adorable!
And the cydesdale horse is such a stunner with great detail to the feathering and hooves and face. I like it a lot.

And are the dogs really in 1/32nd with their puppies ? Those pups must be chicken sized Very Happy Shocked

Will you ever be doing a cross Brand comparison with any of these ? It would be interesting to see something similar to your elephant comparison post.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 3:40 am

These are all great models Roger. Big congratulations for having them ! cheers
I especially like the Percherons and like you, also the Quarter horses,
but actually all of the models are lovely. The style is really nice.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 am

pipsxlch wrote:
That last box is interesting. I like many of the cattle, and the mule- but the mule has a foal? Laughing

No-one tell him he's adopted Laughing

I wonder if that's the result of someone genuinely not knowing or forgetting mules can't reproduce, or whether they were aware but just really wanted every animal in the set to have a matching baby so they deliberately ignored the impossibility of it?

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 1:09 pm

Nice additions Roger, yes there does seem to be a crossover with the animals. Looks like the Welsh cob has been released in a different colour along with the Ertl lying down foal in a set and the Ertl calf added to a set with the Britains cows (repainted as Jerseys)
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 pm

sunny wrote:
wow! that's amazing, I had no idea that ERTL did 1/32nd scale. I am learning so much here all the time!
Thank you for sharing Roger because this just opens up the 1/32nd collector world to me even more :)

I really like the cute Shetland foal. And I see there is also a paint horse and foal too. They look nice.
And on the last pic - is that a Colorado Ranger?? horse with foal. It looks really nice as well.

And the cydesdale horse is such a stunner with great detail to the feathering and hooves and face. I like it a lot.

And are the dogs really in 1/32nd with their puppies ? Those pups must be chicken sized Very Happy Shocked

Will you ever be doing a cross Brand comparison with any of these ? It would be interesting to see something similar to your elephant comparison post.

Ertl made a series called BIG FARM which was 1/32 but I don't think it was long lived, the main market here seems to be 1/64
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 9:13 pm

Congrats on the new additions.Its great to see that you have expanded your collection.The last box is very interesting as I haven't seen these models before and some are very interesting and I will have to add them to my list! Smile Smile Smile

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 10:33 am

pipsxlch wrote:
That last box is interesting. I like many of the cattle, and the mule- but the mule has a foal? Laughing

Haha, that's very funny! As George said, Ertl probably had to include a foal because all the other boxes have one.

Taos wrote:
Congrats on the new additions.Its great to see that you have expanded your collection.The last box is very interesting as I haven't seen these models before and some are very interesting and I will have to add them to my list! Smile Smile Smile

Yes, there are quite a few that I've never seen either. I even wonder whether they were ever produced. The last box shows an Angus bull that is different from mine and also a Holstein bull rather than the Holstein cow that I have.

sunny wrote:

I think the Colorado Ranger doesn't look as good in reality as on the box (photo from Ebay):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Ertl "Collectible Animals" series isn't really a 1:32 scale series. The horses are close to 1:32 scale, very similar in size to Breyer Stablemates, although Breyer has relatively more smaller sculpts. I did a comparison of the Ertl, Britains and Breyer Clydesdales here:
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t19036p525-1-32-scale-animals

This is a comparison of the Ertl Thoroughbred with the Britains:

The Britains has the right size for 1/32 scale, whereas I think the Ertl is too large. They don't go so well together even though the Thoroughbred is Britains' largest horse. It's better with the Tennessee Walking horse, which is the smallest of the Ertl horses I have:

The Percheron is my largest Ertl horse, but because Percherons can be very large, it is acceptable for 1/32 scale. It really dwarfs the Britains Percheron:

Like many of the other Britains horses, the Britains Percheron is rather small (and it doesn't look like a Percheron either).

The cattle are rather too large for 1/32 scale. Compare the Britains Hereford bull with the gigantic Ertl:

The Holstein cow is smaller, but still too large:

Chianina cattle are the largest cattle in the world, so I think this one is the only one that is acceptable for 1/32 scale:

Still, it would have to be one of the largest Chianina bulls ever to have lived. The calves are better because they are all quite small. For example, the Ertl Hereford calf is my only 1/32 scale Hereford calf (Breyer also made one, but I don't have it).

I don't have any of the Ertl dogs, but they were sold in the same packaging so they will be too large for 1/32 scale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Horses   horses - ERTL Horses - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ERTL Horses
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3