Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Mojo Bison and Black Panther

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kristie



Country/State : USA
Age : 45
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2922

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:23 pm

aw!
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire



Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:16 pm

@Kiryuha wrote:
Oh, Joan, how did you manage to get these two?
I like the bison overall, although it seems to be smiling for some reason... scratch

Well it was a present and I could choose :)
I told Mojö about the smiling face. It's something that I don't like (as many other collectors, I think) and they noted it.

@Roger wrote:
He is smiling because he is with Joan! Probabily future bisons won't smile anymore! Sad Smile

Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28265

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
@Kiryuha wrote:
Oh, Joan, how did you manage to get these two?
I like the bison overall, although it seems to be smiling for some reason... scratch

Well it was a present and I could choose :)
I told Mojö about the smiling face. It's something that I don't like (as many other collectors, I think) and they noted it.

@Roger wrote:
He is smiling because he is with Joan! Probabily future bisons won't smile anymore! Sad Smile

Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

You are right in my opinion Wink
But it depends on their target group, of course ...
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Joan Milelire



Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:33 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:
@Kiryuha wrote:
Oh, Joan, how did you manage to get these two?
I like the bison overall, although it seems to be smiling for some reason... scratch

Well it was a present and I could choose :)
I told Mojö about the smiling face. It's something that I don't like (as many other collectors, I think) and they noted it.

@Roger wrote:
He is smiling because he is with Joan! Probabily future bisons won't smile anymore! Sad Smile

Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

You are right in my opinion Wink
But it depends on their target group, of course ...

Well, maybe the bison is smiling because it eat the wrong grass drunken Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Admin
Admin


Country/State : NRW, Germany
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-28
Posts : 1059

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
@SUSANNE wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:
@Kiryuha wrote:
Oh, Joan, how did you manage to get these two?
I like the bison overall, although it seems to be smiling for some reason... scratch

Well it was a present and I could choose :)
I told Mojö about the smiling face. It's something that I don't like (as many other collectors, I think) and they noted it.

@Roger wrote:
He is smiling because he is with Joan! Probabily future bisons won't smile anymore! Sad Smile

Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

You are right in my opinion Wink
But it depends on their target group, of course ...

Well, maybe the bison is smiling because it eat the wrong grass drunken Cool Laughing

drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
@SUSANNE wrote:
Abu Rai wrote:
@Kiryuha wrote:
Oh, Joan, how did you manage to get these two?
I like the bison overall, although it seems to be smiling for some reason... scratch

Well it was a present and I could choose :)
I told Mojö about the smiling face. It's something that I don't like (as many other collectors, I think) and they noted it.

@Roger wrote:
He is smiling because he is with Joan! Probabily future bisons won't smile anymore! Sad Smile

Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

You are right in my opinion Wink
But it depends on their target group, of course ...

Well, maybe the bison is smiling because it eat the wrong grass drunken Cool Laughing

It seems there are some members grazing in the same place has the bison! Are you smiling Norberta and Marijuana?What a Face affraid cat flower flower flowerpale drunken Wink
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire



Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:28 pm

@Roger wrote:
It seems there are some members grazing in the same place has the bison! Are you smiling Norberta and Marijuana?What a Face affraid cat flower flower flowerpale drunken Wink


Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28265

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 pm

lol! Hicup ! drunken drunken

As one hippie said to the other : Hey mon, your grass is greener than mine Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Admin
Admin


Country/State : NRW, Germany
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-28
Posts : 1059

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:37 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
@Roger wrote:
It seems there are some members grazing in the same place has the bison! Are you smiling Norberta and Marijuana?What a Face affraid cat flower flower flowerpale drunken Wink


Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Admin
Admin


Country/State : NRW, Germany
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-28
Posts : 1059

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:38 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
lol! Hicup ! drunken drunken

As one hippie said to the other : Hey mon, your grass is greener than mine Suspect

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm sure that Mr. James from Mojo will say that this is a serious forum! No more toys! tongue Next time he will ask oppinions to the Green Peace! drunken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin


Country/State : NRW, Germany
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-03-28
Posts : 1059

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 pm

@Roger wrote:
I'm sure that Mr. James from Mojo will say that this is a serious forum! No more toys! tongue Next time he will ask oppinions to the Green Peace! drunken Very Happy

We are a super serious forum

Back to top Go down
http://sts-forum.forumieren.de
ken yeo



Country/State : Singapore
Age : 46
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5378

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 am

@Admin wrote:
@Roger wrote:
I'm sure that Mr. James from Mojo will say that this is a serious forum! No more toys! tongue Next time he will ask oppinions to the Green Peace! drunken Very Happy

We are a super serious forum


I love Green Peace!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
WILLYBACOMAN



Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5974

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 pm

On first site, i like both models.
But the bison is to small in the first place, if they wanted to make the model in 1:20 scale, and sure in compare to the Schleich musk-ox, because they are quit small on their leggs...
He looks like a cross-breed between the Schleich and CollectA model to me... Laughing

The black panther seems ok to me, slender is normal for a leopard/panther.
So i don't know what you really mean with "it is a leopard to obvious" Rogerio, because we are talking about the same animal and species, the black panther is the common name that is used for black leopards... Rolling Eyes
I have to say, that is used the name panther in general when i was very young, and later on i got used to the name leopard. :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:06 pm

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

The black panther seems ok to me, slender is normal for a leopard/panther.
So i don't know what you really mean with "it is a leopard to obvious" Rogerio, because we are talking about the same animal and species, the black panther is the common name that is used for black leopards... Rolling Eyes
I have to say, that is used the name panther in general when i was very young, and later on i got used to the name leopard. :)

Willy, a black jaguar could also be called black panther since it is a panther which refers to genus Panthera!
You know leopards and jaguars are different species and have very different morphologies, and it is obvious that it is a leopard because it is slender and as a long tail, obvious at a point that you are saying exactly the same. AS obvious the CollectA figure you called a jaguar is also a leopard!
I hope this "obvious" is not beeing understood as a manifestation of vanity! silent
And thanks for your comments about the figures! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN



Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5974

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Well, i think a jaguar is a jaguar, and a leopard a leopard...
When i mistaked for some reason, than it was because of the spots, because some model-makers, and most of the people that don't know much about animals, don't know which cat has which spots...
But sorry, i never heard somebody call a black jaguar a panther my friend... Laughing
But for that, they call the puma in Florida the florida panther, very mistakingly, and very confusing for outsoders! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 20252

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:35 pm

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Well, i think a jaguar is a jaguar, and a leopard a leopard...
When i mistaked for some reason, than it was because of the spots, because some model-makers, and most of the people that don't know much about animals, don't know which cat has which spots...
But sorry, i never heard somebody call a black jaguar a panther my friend... Laughing
But for that, they call the puma in Florida the florida panther, very mistakingly, and very confusing for outsoders! Shocked

Willy, honestly I don't understand, of course a jaguar is a jaguar and a leopard is a leopard! Who said something different???? confused
Is true, the name panther sometimes is used for felines that are not from genus panthera. And CollectA leopard have the spots of an unknown species, anyway much more according with those of a leopard than witha jaguar.
I know many people make some confusion between both species, for example, in Schleich 2010 catalogue they have it wrong! Sad
For the name black panther be used in jaguars see this link of Wikipedia, I know that not everything in this site is correct anyway I can give you many other links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_panther
You will see that the first picture is a jaguar
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN



Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5974

PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:02 am

Well, as i said, a jaguar is a jaguar, and a leopard(panter) a leopard.
I can't help people, even at Wikipedia(which don't know very specific things anyway) using the wrong names for the wrong species... Laughing
A jaguar should only be named jaguar, or otherwise just Panthera onca, and exactly for that they made scientific names!
The leopard, with his black variations(as in more cats with spots) should only be named that correctly, the name panter was a name from the past actually, but is still used for black leopards, so Panthera pardus).
We can't help that people who have no clue at all sometimes, call an animal by the wrong name...
Like in South-America, i was there several times, they call the jaguar "El Tigro", so the tiger, how far can we go in this then?
Then there would be no end to this...
Calling a zebra a horse or donkey or so, or any wild cattle just a buffalo?
I think, as we are animal lovers, and little scientists here, with lots of knowledge of the animal world, we should name the animals by their right name specially... Laughing Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mojo Bison and Black Panther   Today at 12:33 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Mojo Bison and Black Panther
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Mojo Bison and Black Panther
» Schleich Black Panther Repainted to an Arabian Leopard
» Mojo Fun 2012 Cape Buffalo... a myth???
» Black Panther Film Finally Gaining Some Movement
» Crown Lynn animals

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun :: Mojö Fun walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: