Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aneczka92

Country/State : Poland/Kostrzyn n/o

number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse Empty
PostSubject: number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse   number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 1:19 am

Hi. I have a question. What mean number 1 or 2 writed on a stomach of schleich horses ? I move to germany . Now I live here and work, so I started to buying schleich horses from ebay. I saw that some horses have symbol 1 or 2 and I would like to know what it mean.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse   number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 1:49 am

The numbers simply designate which mold the model came from. If there's a problem with the quality control, it's easy to see where the issue is because the number is there to refer to the mold Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse   number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 am

LeeAnne is right ( of course Very Happy ) .

Previously they also made moulds containing two or more of a model, in order to speed up production.
So already during manufacturing they could not find the location of a problem by looking at the newly made models.
I have some small, old Schleich with numers 1, 3 and even 7 !

Nowadays you see a sort of "clock-face", showing the year and month.
I suppose production methods have improved a lot, so maybe they don't need those old, complicated multi-model-moulds any more  Very Happy

PS : I looked up the word "mould/mold". It seems I learned the British way of spelling in school , while LeeAnn obviously spells the American way  Laughing

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse   number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Laughing Us Americans get confused I guess. We spell a model-making mold the same way as fungus mold!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse   number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

LeeAnn wrote:
Laughing Us Americans get confused I guess. We spell a model-making mold the same way as fungus mold!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse   number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse Empty

Back to top Go down

number 1 or 2 on a stomach of horse
Page 1 of 1