Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Blaine's Bug of the Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:59 pm

The blue mother-of-pearl, Protogoniomorpha temora.

An unusual species to be made in toy form, with one figure by Blip Toys (Nature's Wonders HD).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:58 pm

The random number generator landed on the house fly, so here it is with generic flies not attributable to family level or below.

I. House fly, Musca domestica.
Interestingly there is only one figure specifically attributable to this species, by Kaiyodo (Sticky Tack Insect Set).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

II. Miscellaneous flies.
These are generic flies from various sets that are not attributable to specific taxa.

A. Large and elevated figures.
1. Rubie's Costume Co. (Night Creatures - Giant Insects) - sold as Halloween decor
2. unknown manufacturer

3. Learning Resources (Jumbo Insects) [added 3/2/2017]

B. Flies on Dog Poop by Discovery Kids (Disgusting Facts Kit).
Yes, really...

C. Small figures by known manufacturers/distributors.
There is definitely some duplication of models here...
1. K&M International (Insects Nature Tube)
2. Toy Major
3. Groovy Tube Books (Bug Blast!)
4. Toy Major (Animal Planet Head Animal Tube - Insects)
5. Safari LTD (Insects TOOB)
6. Toy Major
7. Discovery Kids (Disgusting Facts Kit)

D. Miscellaneous flies of unknown manufacturers
...but you can probably see some Toy Major influence in some of these. Most of these were from unnamed sets, often from dollar stores.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:36 pm

I remember me there was a plastic fly in a plastic bag with postcard (Flat Eric) as merchandising product of Levis.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:41 pm

widukind wrote:
I remember me there was a plastic fly in a plastic bag with postcard (Flat Eric) as merchandising product of Levis.

that would be a neat one to get
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:02 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

that would be a neat one to get

I know i have one but i dont know where.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:20 pm

The South American long-horned beetle, Macrodontia cervicornis.

Two cool figures of this interesting beetle exist in my collection:
1. Kabaya (Insect Directory)
2. Play Visions (Exotic Beetles)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:46 pm

The random generator landed on one of the aquatic hermit crabs. My hermit crab figures represent three different families, so this post will have the aquatic hermit crabs in the families Deogenidae and Paguridae, and the terrestrial hermit crabs (Coenobitidae) will have their own then their time comes.

For those of you who follow me on ATF know I have a special fondness for hermit crab figures!

I. Hairy hermit crab, Dardanus megistos.
One figure, by Cadbury (Yowies).

II. Anemone hermit crab, Dardanus penduculatus.
One figure, by Yujin (Shrimps and Crabs Collection).

III. Long-armed hermit crab, Pagurus longicarpus.
One figure, by Epoch (Earth Life Journey).

IV. Blue-banded hermit crab, Pagurus samuelis.
One figure, by Yujin (Shrimps and Crabs Collection).

V. Miscellaneous marine hermit crabs.

A. Plastic figures.
1. AAA
2. AAA
3. SDS
4. Wicked Cool Toys (Wild Kratts Creature Power Pack - Crawlers Set)
5. unknown manufacturer [this is from a set that otherwise include Play Visions knock-offs, although PV did not include a hermit crab in their set]

B. Porcelain figurines.
1. Little Critterz (Northern Rose Collection)
2. Little Critterz (Little Critterz)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:55 pm

The cuckoo wasp, Chrysis coerulans.

The figures, both by Cadbury (Yowies). Play Visions did a cuckoo wasp too, albeit another species, that I do not have yet.
The figure on the left is the UK release figure; the one on the right is the Australian release.

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:23 am

Nice again :)

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:27 am

Stag beetles in the genus Cyclommatus. Five species, to date!

I. Cyclommatus elephas.
1. DeAgostini (World Insect Data Book)
2. Kabaya (Insect Directory)
3. Sega

II. Cyclommatus giraffa.
One figure, by DeAgostini (World Insect Data Book).

III. Cyclommatus imperator.

IV. Cyclommatus metallifer.
2. 4D Famemaster (Beetle Collection)

V. Cyclommatus speciosus.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 am

Time to get hopping mad for FLEAS!!! All my Siphonaptera are shown here:

I. dog flea, Ctenocephalides canis.

A. Model by GPI Anatomicals (Canine Skin Parasites).

B. Life cycle by Merial.

II. Cat flea, Ctenocephalides felis. [added7/15/2017]
One figure, by Play Visions (Fleas, Lice, and Ticks)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

III. Ctenocephalides spp.
These figures are not marketed as specific species but appear to be based on Ctenocephalides. spp.

A. Miscellaneous figures.
1. unknown manufacturer
2. Groovy Tube Books (Bug Blast!)
3-5. unknown manufacturers*

* these figures are too plump to fleas but are clearly modeled after fleas!

B. Large figure by Safari LTD (Smithsonian Insects).

IV. human flea, Pulex irritans.
One figure, by Kaiyodo (Sanitary Insect Pest Exhibition).

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:56 am

The blister beetle, Cissites cephalotes. In addition, the last image shows miscellaneous beetles that can probably be attributed to Meloidae.

I. Cissites cephalotes.
One figure, by Kaiyodo (Capsule Q Animatales - Shikoku).

II. Miscellanous Meloidae.
All three of these are from unknown manufacturers.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:40 am

The praying mantis (Mantis religiosa), related, and generic green miscellaneous mantids...

Please see descriptions and disclaimers below.

Other mantids not shown here will have their own posts.

I. Praying mantis, Mantis religiosa.
The figures are specifically marketed as the ‘praying mantis’ (see miscellaneous below).

A. Miscellaneous figures.
1. CollectA
2. Wicked Cool Toys (Wild Kratts Creature Power Pack - Praying Mantis Powers)
3. Funrise Toys (World of Nature Insect Collection)
4. Safari LTD (Insects TOOB)

B. LARGE figures.
1. Jasman Toys
2. Safari LTD (Smithsonian Insects)
3. Safari LTD (Hidden Kingdom Insects)
4. K&M International (Insects Polyvinyl Bag)

C. Life Cycle by Insect Lore.

II. Stagmomantis spp..
This is a related genus of morphologically-similar species. One figure so far, by Trendmasters (Insect Predators). This figure is marketed as both ‘praying mantis’ (genus Mantis) and as Stagmomantis. I have decided to put Latin over English names!

III. Miscellaneous Mantids!.
These are all generic, mostly green, mantid figures. While most of these are probably intended to be the praying mantis, they are not specifically marketed as such (or at least, were not when I acquired them).

A. GIANT figure by Toy Major.

B. 4D Famemaster.

C. Medium-large figures.
1. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (B.I.G. Insects, 2015)*
2. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (B.I.G. Insects, 2016)*
3. unknown manufacturer

*as these were made by a Japanese company, they might represent Tenodera sinensis.

…and these two from unknown manufacturers.

D. Smaller Figures.
Most of these are from unknown manufacturers (mantids are very common in bin sets), except:
1. K&M International (Insects Nature Tube)
2. Silver Dolphin Books (Animal Adventures: Insects and Spiders)
3. Toy Major (Animal Planet Head Animal Tube – Insects)

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:40 am

Could you all your posts copy in the topic " list of species"?

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 pm

widukind wrote:
Could you all your posts copy in the topic " list of species"?

I am not sure what you mean. I have a Word document with a checklist of everything, if you want to see that
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:35 pm

I mean that you listed your informations and pics also here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your presentation is perfect for that and i think you can easyly simply copy :)

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:31 am

Stag beetles in the genus Lucanus! Five species to date, plus some miscellaneous figures.

I. European stag beetle, Lucanus cervus.

A. Boxed and elevated figures.
2. CollectA

B. Larger figures.
1. Bullyland
2. unknown manufacturer [from a set that included several Bullyland knock-offs]

C. Medium and smaller figures.
1. Paleo-Creatures (Little Treasures of Europe)
2. Running Press (Natural History Museum: Insects)
3. K&M International (Garden Tube – European release)

II. Giant stag beetle, Lucanus elephas.
One figure, by K&M International (North American Insects).

III. Lucanus gamunus.
1. Kaiyodo (Choco Q Animatales)
2. Sega

IV. Lucanus hermani.

V. Miyama stag beetle, Lucanus maculifemoratus.
The most commonly-made species, mainly because of its popularity with Japanese manufacturers.

A. Boxed figure by DeAgostini (World Insect Data Book).

B. Other, smaller, boxed figures.
1. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Beetles of the World)
2. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Beetles of the World) – female
3. Bandai (Bugs Museum)

C. Flying and elevated figures.
1. Epoch (Flying Beetles)
2. Kaiyodo (Capsule Q Museum – Stag Beetles)
3. Kaiyodo (Choco Q Animatales)
4. Yujn (Insects of Japan)

D. Larger figures.
1. Subarudo
2. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (B.I.G. Insects, 2015)
3. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (B.I.G. Insects, 2016)
4. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (B.I.G. Insects, 2016)

E. Smaller figures.
1. Sega (Mushi King)
2. F-toys (Beetle Battle)
3. Sega
4. Hayakwa Toys (Insects Collection – Special)
5. Kabaya (World Insects Series 1)
6. Sega

VI. Miscellaneous Lucanus figures.

A. Life Cycle by Safari LTD (Safariology).

B. Miscellaneous figures.
These figures appear to be modeled after members of this genus. All are from unknown manufacturers except for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by Sega.

VII. What the heck…some miscellaneous stag beetles….

A. Large figure by Safari LTD (Smithsonian Insects).
…with some small look-alikes. Figure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is by Groovy Tube Books (Bug Blast!).

B. Miscellaneous stags.
These are all from unknown manufacturers, some vintage. Figure [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was in a set released in conjunction with Disney’s A Bug’s Life.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:39 am

The enigmatic Cambrian arthropod, Canadaspis perfecta.

One figure, by Favorite Co. (Cambrian Creatures Mini Model - Burgess Shale Series).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:48 am

The deathstalker, Leirus quinquestriatus.

1. Kaiyodo (Toxic and Dangerous Animals)
2. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Scorpions)

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:34 am

Incredible!

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:51 am

widukind wrote:
Incredible!

Indeed !!! affraid cheers

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:14 am

The striped shore crab, Pachygrapsus crassipes.

One figure, by Play Visions (Habitat Earth: Crabs).

Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:46 am

Nice crab :)

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:27 am

The lesser brown scorpion, Isometrus maculatus.

One figure, by Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Scorpions).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:35 am

Can't believe it's only our second orthopterans! This time, the mole crickets!

I. Gryllotalpa orientalis.
One figure, by Kaiyodo (Backyard Creatures - Soil Organisms)

II. Miscellaneous mole crickets.
A couple from unknown, possibly vintage, manufacturers.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:45 am

Longwing butterflies in the genus, Heliconius.
These butterflies form complex mimicry rings, with each other and other butterflies, and as such are highly variable at the species level. Where possible I indicate the subspecies.

I. The zebra longwing, Heliconius charithonia.
Adult: Franklin Mint (Butterflies of the World)
Larva: unknown manufacturer [possibly Club Earth]

1. Doug Walpus Art Studio [added 5/13/2017]

II. Red postman, Heliconius erato. [added 5/13/2017]
One figure, a magnet by Doug Walpus Art Studio (apparently modeled after the subspecies H. e. chestertonii.)

III. The common postman, Heliconius melpomene. [updated 5/13/2017]

1. Doug Walpus Art Studio
2. porcelain French feve from an unknown manufacturer.

IV. Sara longwing, Heliconius sara. [added 5/13/2017]
One figure, a magnet by Doug Walpus Art Studio.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sat May 13, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:58 am

The random number generator landed on one of the widows, so here they are! Five species, to date!

I. Red widow, Latrodectus bishopi.
1. Club Earth (Spiders to Go)
2. unknown manufacturer [from a set of primarily Club Earth knock-offs]

II. Redback spider, Latrodectus hasseltii.
1. Science and Nature (Animals of Australia)
2. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Venomous Spiders)

III. Katipo, Latrodectus katipo.
One figure, by Cadbury (Yowies) [it's my understanding Science and Nature is releasing one this year to markets outside of New Zealand, so if all goes well, I should have another this year]

IV. Eastern black widow, Latrodectus mactans.

A. Large figures by Safari LTD.
1. Hidden Kingdom Insects
2. Smithsonian Insects

B. Smaller figures.
1. Play Visions (Habitat Earth: Tarantulas and Spiders)
2. Discovery Channel (Deadly Kiss: Poisonous Animals)
3. K&M International (Spiders Bulk)
4. unknown manufacturers [from a set of primarily Club Earth knock-offs]
5. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (Venomous Spiders)
6. unknown manufacturer [yes, it's pink. But it has an hourglass!]

V. The malmignatte, Latrodectus tredecemguttatus.
One figure, by Funrise Toys (World of Nature Insect Collection).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:04 am

The hover fly, Melangyna viridiceps.

One figure, by Cadbury (Yowies). One of the better Yowies and, to my knowledge, the only member of the family Syrphidae.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:14 am

The death's-head hawk moths in the genus Acherontia.

I. Acherontia atropos.
1. Paleo-Creatures (Amazing Moths)
2. Funrise Toys (World of Nature Insects Collection)

II. Acherontia lachesis.
One figure, a larva, by Kaiyodo (Capsule Q Museum - Caterpillars).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:22 am

The Japanese luehdorfia, Luehdorfia japonica.

1. Kaiyodo (Choco Q Animatales)
2. Kabaya (Insect Directory)

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:29 am

One last one for tonight, the rhinoceros beetle Dipelicus cantori.

One figure, by Sega.

Well, we are just under 300 species to go! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:32 am

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:41 am

widukind wrote:

Thanks Andreas, I am glad you are enjoying it :)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:41 am

Birdwing butterflies in the genus Ornithoptera.

I. Cairns birdwing, Ornithoptera euphorion.

A. Large figures.
1. 4D Famemaster (Butterfly Collection)
2. unknown manufacturer

B. Smaller figures.
1. Toy Major
2. unknown manufacturer [from a set of mostly Club Earth knock-offs)
3. US Toy
4. Cadbury (Yowies - UK release)*
5. Cadbury (Yowies - Australian release)*

*the two Cadbury figures are marketed as 'Cairns birdwing, Ornithoptera priamus' however the name priamus usually applied to the 'common green birdwing'. The accompanying text on the papers clearly refers to O. euphorion, so I suspect the scientific name supplied is in error. There are several examples of errors in the Latin name on Yowies papers, so I am going to assume the figures represent O. euphorion and not O. priamus.

II. Goliath birdwing, Ornithoptera goliath.
One figure, by Kabaya (World Insect Series 1).

III. Paradise birdwing, Ornithoptera paradisea.
One figure, by K&M International (Butterflies Nature Tube) [this is my ID, based more on wing shape rather than wing pattern].

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:49 am

More Lepidoptera! No surprise, I have a lot of them identified to the genus and species levels...

Next up, the Indian awlking, Choaspes benjaminii.

One figure, a larva by Kaiyodo (Capsule Q Museum - Caterpillars).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:54 am

The lady beetle, Vibidia duodecimguttata.

One figure, by Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:59 am

The large true forester, Euphaedra sarcoptera.

One figure, by Toy Major. This is a tentative ID of mine, as this figure appears to be painted to represent the underside of E. sarcoptera. Painting the underside on the dorsum had been done several times!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:04 am

The ashy-gray lady beetle, Olla v-nigrum.

One figure, by Kitan Club - Nature Techni Colour.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:12 am

The extinct dragonfly, Protolindenia sp.

One figure, by Rebor (which was sold as an accessory to a Compsogmathus longipes figure).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:22 am

Time for more protozona. This time, Euglena acus and Euglena sp.

A. Smaller figures.
1. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. (The Minimum Coexistence: Microbe)
2. Kaiyodo (Microcosmos)
3. Epoch (Ecology of Plankton)

Large model by EISCO Labs.
Note: this figure is only marketed at the genus level.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:25 am

The arid lands honey ant, Myrmecocystus sp.

One figure, a winged individual by Club Earth (Ants and Termites).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:29 am

Pierid butterflies in the genus Anthocharis.

I. The orange-tip butterfly, Anthocharis cardamines.
One figure, by Kaiyodo (Birdtales).

II. Gray marble, Anthocharis lanceolata. [added 2/18/2017]
One figure, from a set of 12 caterpillars by an unknown manufacturer. This is a tentative identification of mine.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:37 am

I can only repeat myself : WOW !!!!! cheers

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:40 am

The Protolindenia is absolutely awesome, look at the wings Shocked

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:27 am

Oh, i rmember me on the little Kaiyodo butterfly :)

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:05 pm

widukind wrote:
Oh, i rmember me on the little Kaiyodo butterfly :)

Thank you everyone. Yes, the Kaiyodo orangetip butterfly is on of my absolute favorite figures!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Another of the planktonic critters, the horsehair worm Phoronis sp.

Again, this is part of a taxon I do not normally collect, but since I collect Protozoa, other planktonic critters are fair game :)

One figure, by Epoch (Ecology of Plankton)

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:18 pm

The purseweb spider, Sphodros rufipes.

1. Club Earth (Spiders to Go)
2. unknown manufacturer [from a set of CE/PV/K&M knock-offs]

Note: this ID is mine, based on similarities to S. rufipes in The Golden Guide to Spiders and their Kin by Levi and Levi. Several of the CE spiders are painted to resemble species in that book.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:25 pm

The first (of several) cicadas! First up, Cyclochila australasiae, the green grocer cicada.

One figure, by Cadbury (Yowies).

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:33 pm

The rhinoceros beetle, Theodosia viridiaurata.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Bug of the Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next