Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Bug of the Day

Go down 
+26
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Steve170
Tiermann
Caracal
Pardofelis
zirkoon
halichoeres
Megaptera
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
barracudacat
widukind
Nick
Anne from Norway
75senta75
ulinuk
kessan
Bowhead Whale
lucky luke
Wilorvise
Ana
TheLastStardust
landrover
Kikimalou
Roger
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 12:02 am

Time to update this thread with some more 2019 releases. First, the most exciting of the year for me, the pill scarab Madrasostes kazumai hisamatsui Ochi, 1990 by Bandai, Dango Mushi 04. First representative of this species, genus, and even family (Hybosoridae)! If you want to know more, Beetle Guy did a review of this figure for the Animal Toy Blog (here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am

Cool

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 10:27 pm

Is there anything you DO NOT HAVE!!!?????? affraid
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 12:48 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Is there anything you DO NOT HAVE!!!??????

Same question here" Cool

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 10:30 pm

landrover wrote:
I would like have these two:

Very complete colleccion sunny

The little black one with green stripes come from a tube I bought in Toys'R'Us back in 2005 or so, a tube where all the bugs were put in couples. I know it because I provided Blaine this one when he asked us forum members for new bugs he didn't have, and I still have the double.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 12:05 pm

A new species of dragonfly, Hine's emerald, Somatochlora hineana Williamson, 1931 by Safari LTD for their 2020 Great Lakes TOOB. The ID (courtesy of sphyrna18) is speculative but given the color and that the set's focus is the Great Lakes, makes the most sense to me!

The rest of the TOOB will be reviewed on STS soon. I will not but on ATF yet, as Gwangi wants to review the set for the Blog!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 6:47 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Another new species (and genus!) for my Arthropod Collection, the giant Australian centipede, Ethmostigmus rubripes (Brandt, 1840). This figure is part of the Australia's Deadliest Nature Tube by K&M International for the Wild Republic Line (2018). I am currently preparing a review of the whole tube for the Animal Toy Blog.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 8:11 am

A phantastic newcomer for you.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 am

Is it just marked Centipede? Obviously considering the set thematics, figure colors and sculpt and even the correct number of apendages, the identfication doesn't offer any kind of controversy. However it may be obvious for you but not to most collectors. If it is just marketed as centipede, here is a good example why I think it is useful to provide a species identification at Toy Animal Wiki even if it is not provided by the manufacturer.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Roger wrote:
Is it just marked Centipede? Obviously considering the set thematics, figure colors and sculpt and even the correct number of apendages, the identfication doesn't offer any kind of controversy. However it may be obvious for you but not to most collectors. If it is just marketed as centipede, here is a good example why I think it is useful to provide a species identification at Toy Animal Wiki even if it is not provided by the manufacturer.

It is marked giant centipede, which in Australia typically refers to Ethmostigmus rubripes.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 1:02 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

It is marked giant centipede, which in Australia typically refers to Ethmostigmus rubripes.

Thanks, this one doesn't offer too much controversy. :)

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 1:30 am

Revisiting the Sydney funnelweb spider, Atrax robustus Cambridge, 1877, the most venomous spider in the world! This is another figure from the Australia's Deadliest Nature Tube by K&M International for the Wild Republic Line (2018).

My full nest of nasties, with others by Bullyland, Yowies (x2), Science & Nature, and Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 10:51 am

affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 7:02 pm

The last of the three new arthropods form K&M's Australia's Deadliest Nature Tube: the redback spider, Lactrodectus hasseltii Thorell, 1870.

With other figures by Science & Nature and Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 2:30 pm

So what is the most interresting for you ?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

For each species?

For the funnelweb spider, the Bullyland if you don't mind the larger size; for the smaller ones the Takara figure may be more accurate.

For the redback, again Takara is more accurate probably (and it is not permanently attached to its base, by the way), but the S&N is fine.

I suppose it comes down to size preferences.

For these two species I think all the choices are great (the two new K&M models don't have good eyes though).
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 10:28 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
A new species of dragonfly, Hine's emerald, Somatochlora hineana Williamson, 1931 by Safari LTD for their 2020 Great Lakes TOOB. The ID (courtesy of sphyrna18) is speculative but given the color and that the set's focus is the Great Lakes, makes the most sense to me!

The rest of the TOOB will be reviewed on STS soon. I will not but on ATF yet, as Gwangi wants to review the set for the Blog!

Wonderful. I'm also interested in that Toob. Thank you for identifying this species study
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2019 9:22 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

For each species?

For the funnelweb spider, the Bullyland if you don't mind the larger size; for the smaller ones the Takara figure may be more accurate.

For the redback, again Takara is more accurate probably (and it is not permanently attached to its base, by the way), but the S&N is fine.

I suppose it comes down to size preferences.

For these two species I think all the choices are great (the two new K&M models don't have good eyes though).

Thank you Blaine
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 8:37 pm

A NEW SPECIES for me, the Balkan pillbug, Armadillidium klugii Brandt, 1833 by Bandai for the fifth set in the Dango Mushi collection! This species is aposematically colored to look like the malmignatte, Latrodectus tredecimguttatus. I am going to keep this figure rolled up for display purposes:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 11:42 am

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySat Nov 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Another from the Dango Mushi 05 collection by Bandai, the giant deep-sea isopod, Bathynomus giganteus Milne-Edwards, 1879. I plan on reviewing this for the Blog so I'll only show two pics now:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 12:45 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 12:54 pm

A new genus and species for me, the Chilean rose tarantula, Grammostola rosea (Walckenaer, 1837) by Yowie Group for the Gummies line. I won't sugarcoat this post. There is nothing special about this figure. It looks like dozens of generic spiders sold as Halloween decor. BUT, this is what Yowie Group marketed it as...

Thanks to Night Elf for selling it to me!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Some are generic but marketed to a species level while other are clearly based in a certain species but marketed with a generic identification. Wink That's collectors life. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   1 - Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Bug of the Day
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: