Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Bug of the Day

Go down 
+26
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Steve170
Tiermann
Caracal
Pardofelis
zirkoon
halichoeres
Megaptera
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
barracudacat
widukind
Nick
Anne from Norway
75senta75
ulinuk
kessan
Bowhead Whale
lucky luke
Wilorvise
Ana
TheLastStardust
landrover
Kikimalou
Roger
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 7:00 pm

..because of you Blaine, I started to collect some arthropods ( from Papo)!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 7:37 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Revisiting the emperor scorpion, Pandinus imperator (Koch, 1842), new for 2020 by Mojo Fun!

For a complete review of this figure, please check out my blogpost: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Beautiful scorpion. How large is it?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 8:20 pm

[quote="Megaptera"]
bmathison1972 wrote:
Revisiting the emperor scorpion, Pandinus imperator (Koch, 1842), new for 2020 by Mojo Fun!

For a complete review of this figure, please check out my blogpost: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Beautiful scorpion. How large is it?

please see the blog post in the link to see size and scale; very similar to Papo scorpion
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 8:45 pm

The figure also looks somewhat flat to me but I really love it and it could be a good partner for my Papo scorpion that I adore. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 9:56 pm

It is amazing how you can keep them comming affraid cheers Applause

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 8:45 pm

A dust mite, Dermatophagoides sp. by an unknown Chinese manufacturer. I have a feeling the seller (AliExpress) is also the manufacturer; I emailed them a while ago, but have yet to hear back.

Here it is with the only other dust mite figure I am aware of, the rather cartoony offering by Play Visions:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 11:33 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 12:00 am

This kind of figures show how interesting is this hobby and that surely it is not just like a passion for cute pandas. There are many kinds of animals replicated and I confess that one of the most surprising series I witnessed in this forum was the Play Visions set where this dust mite belongs. I was not expecting seeing something like this at all. Now you've found a completely different one that is more in harmony with the usual translucent bodies these creatures have.

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 12:01 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
A dust mite, Dermatophagoides sp. by an unknown Chinese manufacturer. I have a feeling the seller (AliExpress) is also the manufacturer; I emailed them a while ago, but have yet to hear back.

Here it is with the only other dust mite figure I am aware of, the rather cartoony offering by Play Visions:

They are amazing. It is always good to see, that there are models from special lifeforms.

As I said before, it's a pity that I haven't enough space to collect all of them!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Revisiting the head louse, Pediculus humanus capitis De Geerm 1767. This is another from that unknown Chinese manufacturer, like the aforementioned dust mite and leech.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 9:46 pm

Haha, great photo!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 10:46 pm

That's an itchy presentation. Laughing Again, I love this kind of models. Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 2:19 am

Haha, love it! Applause Ouch, looks like it's had a good feed! affraid
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 8:14 am

affraid

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 8:29 am

lol! lol! lol!
I am seriously happy I never had lice affraid cheers

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 4:00 am

Revisiting the red-streaked box crab, Calappa lophos (Herbst, 1785) by Bandai for Dango Mushi 06, new for 2020:

Here it is with other figures by Kaiyodo (3x) and Ikimon:

Read my Blog review of it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 9:24 am

It is an amazing model Shocked

And what a great flock cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Huge crab figur

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 5:47 pm

This is not a new figure, but rather a correction. This figure is from the Animal Kaiser collection by Bandai. I have had this figure for a couple years and assumed it was just another emperor scorpion. Turns out, it is a Tanzanian red-clawed scorpion (Pandinus cavimanus), making it one of the rare examples of a Pandinus figure specifically marketed as something other than P. imperator!!!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 6:29 pm

It is an amazing model !!! Very Happy

but take care now...I read that they are more aggressive than the emperor scorpions affraid

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:58 pm

That is particularly interesting and surely it opens a kind of new re-interpretation to the Pandinus around. Does it belongs here? We only have a few figures listed on TAW.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:32 pm

Roger wrote:
That is particularly interesting and surely it opens a kind of new re-interpretation to the Pandinus around. Does it belongs here? We only have a few figures listed on TAW.

Roger, yes it is an Animal Kaiser figure
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 11:00 am

Great scorpion, and I'll look into getting it

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 12:26 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Roger, yes it is an Animal Kaiser figure

Thanks, considering the few figures listed, I supposed it could be a collection of sets as usual in Japanese brands but I see now it is a series.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 1:10 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Bug of the Day
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: