Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)

Go down 
+37
Taos
Bloodrayne
Saien
Barti
Tove
barracudacat
Dutch Bear
Wilorvise
SUSANNE
costicuba
Night Elf
75senta75
widukind
signatus
lucky luke
WhiteLightning Wolf
donny ong
pm64
Tiermann
LeeAnn
Dum_my
Seeway
Masoud
Kikimalou
Ana
ken yeo
Anne from Norway
onatello
Farm collector
stecal
zirkoon
Tarunyada
Roger
Shanti
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
landrover
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySat May 06, 2017 8:39 am

Fallon, good to see you back Wink

Ohh, yes !!! I LOVE the kitties and the fox from you SO much cheers

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySat May 06, 2017 11:44 am

Fantastic newcomers Susanne! The sliding stop set from schleich looks great in these colours, i think! The mice are adorable and, of course, Southland Replicas animals are absolutely amazing! Big congrats!

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySat May 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Wow, that`s amazing and wonderful, big band of newcomers cheers
Every one of them is so different and interesting.
I like all of them !
Hurray for Alexander, Beatrice and Jonas :)
And Hurray for you, that you bought very nice models for your self Very Happy
Congratulations my friend sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySat May 06, 2017 9:05 pm

costicuba wrote:
And Hurray for you, that you bought very nice models for your self Very Happy
lol!

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySat May 06, 2017 11:58 pm

Congratulations! Alexanders repaint is amazing. It is a totally different model with new colours and without the heap of sand covering the horse's hind legs.Applause
All the other models are beautiful presented: Jonas' horses, the black old Bullyland cat, the unicorn foal and the ice-cat (I don't think they are silly Laughing ), the seals, all the mice, the forest babies, the mountain animals, and at last the jewels: the Southland Replicas. They are beautiful. I love you I love you
I have just bought the Schleich box sets myself. I think I will keep them in their boxes, it is easy to take them out and put them back in the boxes again. I have not enough space to display them all the time and they are well protected in their boxes. Laughing
Thanks for beautiful pictures. cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySun May 07, 2017 1:02 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, friends flower

Roger wrote:
The Safari TOOB is this one... ... anything strange on it?
Those are TOOB horse breeds according with Safari.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ohh, yes, thankyou. Very Happy Only this one is painted appaloosa . It is not a repaint Shocked
So that means there must be an olde variation of this toob, with much nicer painted models ? study

I don't know for sure but it may be possible, otherwise, I don't know why do they call it an appaloosa. scratch

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySun May 07, 2017 5:13 am

Susanne, thank you so much for sharing. I am disappointed for the paint job of the Papo new seal, I'll reconsider of buying it.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySun May 07, 2017 8:44 am

Seeway wrote:
Susanne, thank you so much for sharing. I am disappointed for the paint job of the Papo new seal, I'll reconsider of buying it.

Ohh, do you think so ? Shocked I think it is wonderful, - one of the best I have seen scratch

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptySun May 07, 2017 8:42 pm

What a wonderfull new additions ... Great great great.
CONGRATZ Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Today I got a wonderful, long awaited parcel from LeeAnn cheers

The great Tax-Monster helt it back, wanting 50 USD in import duty affraid
No matter how much I love them, I think that was rediculous, but fortunately at last they gave up, and I got my parcel cheers bounce cheers

I am SO happy  drunken

This foal may look very strange, but it is actually one of the mega-rare , first horse models from Safari  cheers

It is not long ago that I/we discovered that the mare here was NOT the attempt of a 4-year-old to repaint the old Saddleback,
but I never heard that there was a foal also  Shocked  Very Happy

We do not know when they were made, but the other appaloosa family was made from 1994 - 1998 :

The above shown stallion does not fit in , but I really think and hope there must be one that fits somewhere over in USA Very Happy

Here are the old Saddlebreds with the colour variated foals from LeeAnn.

And LeeAnn also included the most lovely little Breyer Stablemate foal  cheers
It is a G1-model ( Does it mean "Generation 1" ?), and they are not made anymore !  drunken

Perfect little sculpture, isn't it ? Very Happy

Thankyou, thankyou VERY much, dear LeeAnn sunny flower sunny

And should anybody ever see or get that old appaloosa stallion, I would be delighted to see a picture, and hope you would sell it, perhaps Embarassed Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 16, 2017 8:34 pm

cheers cheers cheers

I'm glad I could help out a good friend like you Wink

Yes, G1 is Generation 1. Smile They are the first Breyer SMs ever made, and unfortunately Breyer no longer has the rights to produce those molds, they lost them to Hagen-Renaker.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Congratulations Susanne and hurray for LeeAnn :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 16, 2017 11:46 pm

There's always the good and the bad side in a good story. LeeAnn is obviously the good side while the Tax-Monster is the bad side. A kind of the Beauty and the Monster of toy collecting. Very Happy
The Farm horses collection from Safari turned in an incredible adventure, once we never thought it could be such rich.
I believe these horse variations are those we can see on 1996 catalogue in the Farm display with figures that was exclusively sold in USA and not directly to collectors. There's a complete family, with a stallion as you can see in picture below.
If these horses were exclusively sold in that dispplay, they may be really rare. :)
image upload no size limit

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 8:24 am

What a precious picture, Roger affraid

And now we alo know that the palomino is a single mother , - and that the Saddleback stallion IS darker than his family cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 1:28 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a precious picture, Roger affraid

And now we alo know that the palomino is a single mother , - and that the Saddleback stallion IS darker than his family cheers

Horses on display are not exactly the same versions that we can see in the same catalogue when they're presented as individual figures. That's the reason why I think that those were exclusively sold with the display. I hope you can find the stallion. Very Happy
1996 Safari Ltd catalogue

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 1:30 pm

I always get so happy when families get completed Very Happy

Bluugh, the taxes are horrible! Luckily they gave up Laughing

That small lying foal is adorable <3

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Ooh so there is a stallion! What a wonderful piece of Safari history cheers Maybe someday I can find the stallion for you too Susanne! sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 3:57 pm

WOW !!! What catalogue is that you have there ? bounce Very Happy
And notice that the "Unusual" appy-foal is the same mould as that of the saddleback, while the other appy-foal is less heavy ( Newer ?)

NightLioness wrote:
I always get so happy when families get completed Very Happy
Bluugh, the taxes are horrible! Luckily they gave up Laughing
That small lying foal is adorable <3

Thankyou cheers

Yes ! cheers

Yes ! cheers

LeeAnn wrote:
.......Maybe someday I can find the stallion for you too Susanne! sunny

Ohhhh ! That would be awesome cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 4:57 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!! What catalogue is that you have there ? bounce Very Happy
And notice that the "Unusual" appy-foal is the same mould as that of the saddleback, while the other appy-foal is less heavy ( Newer ?)

Well, the Appy foal question is not so easy. Take note of it once you may miss another figure. Laughing
Using 1994 and 1995 catalogues as reference, we will see that the regular Appaloosa foal pictured uses the same mould than the Saddlebred foal. 1996 and 1997 catalogues show a different Appaloosa foal (the one from your collection), while the Saddlebred foal is still the same. So, the "older" foal mould was used as a Saddlebred, a regular Appaloosa and as Appaloosa variation from the display. The "newer" mould is only presented for the first time in 1996 catalogue replacing the previous standard Appy foal. However, it is not presented as a new product.
I don't have these catalogues, unfortunately. Only a few scanned pages related with the Farm series. I'll send them to you, I thought I had sent them before. pale Here you can see the regular Appy foal in the same mould as the Saddlebred on 1995 catalogue. study

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Ahhh! Yes !!! That page is also in my catalogue from 1994 !Very Happy

I never really noticed the foals, - didn't look for it before now geek

Safari can still surprise us !
Perhaps some day somebody dind the first Vanishing Wild gorilla, Orangutan, and Wolf families from the 1990-catalogue Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 7:35 pm

I wonder if perhaps the appy foal from the display, that you now have, is a test/prototype that either never made it to production or very few were ever made? I see this happening a lot in Breyer catalogs, the photo shows a test model that was never produced, but the actual set has something completely different. For example, the Stablemates play mat from 2007. It was originally produced with this cantering WB, a new mold at the time.

Something happened to the mold at the factory and shortly after its release the cantering WB was replaced by this G2 WB in a similar colorway. Very few of the first WB actually made it into production, though unfortunately no one knows exactly how many. I was fortunate enough to find the rare version in a dusty old corner of a toy store Very Happy

Photos courtesy of identifyyourbreyer.com.

Sorry to get off topic... I find these kinds of things intriguing. I always wonder, does anyone actually own the model in the catalog or is it a one of a kind destined to remain in the archive room forever? drunken

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 10:57 pm

LeeAnn's point is very interesting and how lucky LeeAnn found such a rare piece.
Maybe the versions of the Appaloosas were only prototypes or painting tests that they used only in these displays. Surely a complete production run was not needed once I doubt they sold these displays massively. Though, the moulds are all known, Susanne have all these moulds once they are the same as the saddlebred horses. So, these moulds entered the regular production, not exactly these painting variations. I think that we now have to find if the first Appaloosa version painting do really exist. The mould does but the painting in that mould is not known yet.
Now I have another question to Susanne, could you please check which year is marked in this foal? study

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:03 pm

Roger wrote:
Now I have another question to Susanne, could you please check which year is marked in this foal? study

Both kinds of foal are marked 1993 Very Happy

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Great newcomers, Susanne! cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 17, 2017 11:10 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

Both kinds of foal are marked 1993 Very Happy

Thanks! It reduces the chances of the existence of the Appaloosa foal we can see on 1994 catalogue. But not completely once at least one was used to take the catalogue picture. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)   News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

News in Susanne's collection 2017. Update December 22nd : Cats, dog, foxes and horses :-)
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next