Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my AAA sea lion

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
zirkoon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zirkoon

zirkoon

Country/State : Germany

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 11:38 pm

last week i found the AAA sea lions - large and small. And together with the CollectA 88454 Sea Lion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 11:13 am

Congratulations with finding these iconic, old models, - and is almost perfect shape cheers

Most probably know this, but still good to remember how interesting their history is :
They were sold by Schleich ( small one), Bullyland and Safari ( both sizes) when these brands were still quite young in the model-animal world ! Isn't it fantastic ?  Very Happy
And they are still some of the best ones and almost unique, - how many male fur seals do we have ?  Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Interesting things you have, congrtas :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 2:03 am

Paige have just provided pictures of the AAA sea lions, not these in this old topic, and now I believe all seals, sea lions, dugong and manatees known are already listed on TAW. I know manatees and dugongs do not belong here but they are often displayed on catalogues together with seals. 
The page is here: 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 3:51 am

Man you are fast Roger! I've seen these fur seals before, but haven't gotten them yet!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:58 am

Oh I have the larger figure on my wish list, but I don't know if I should include the pup as it is incorrectly made to look like the adult.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:59 am

I have decided, I'll add the pup too as it's a Steller's Sea Lion on the TAI

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 pm

Yes Adam. These figures were debated a lot in the past. There was always discussions about AAA large/small models. Are they different sized versions of adults or adult/youngster? The pair here represented was one of the responsibles for these discussions. Schecking TAW page, you can see that most of them have a corresponding youngster. Now notice that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], presents them as sea lions but shows the bottom of the large figure marked with fur seal. We know from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that the smaller figure is marked Sea Lion, if they intended to represente adult/young, why would they mark them differently?As I use to say, AAA range is very modular and their figures are used in many ways but after a long research, I think the best identifications are the large as a Northern fur seal and the small version as an adult Steller's sea lion. To be fair, the large model is not even ambiguous, it is really correctly sculpted for a fur seal, namely that head is very good. 
Being AAA so complex, I immediately added Paige's pictures on TAW to clean my reptilian brain. affraid

my AAA sea lion Empty
PostSubject: Re: my AAA sea lion   my AAA sea lion Empty

Back to top Go down

my AAA sea lion
Page 1 of 1