Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .

Go down 
+5
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
costicuba
Tarunyada
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . Empty
PostSubject: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 20:13

In 2016 Safari made new paintwork for some of their models, and in 2017 a few more followed.study

This topic is dedicated to show the new variations, and comparisons, if possible Very Happy
Probably few collectors have both, but if others have, you can PM a picture-link to the person who showed the new on, as he/she can edit her/his own post-reply, and add picture(s) there for comparison.

It may be difficult to know if your model is the new variation, but from 2017 the tags are orange, - before that they were grey.

If you bought your model in 2016, you can compare to the pictures in TAI
For searching in TAI , type "Safari" -space- and the item number in the upper right corner. Then the model should turn up in the drop-down list Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
List of relevant models below .

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 20:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 20:17

Remastered 2016

Wildlife Wonders :
111289 Lion
111989 White Rhino
112389 Asian Elephant
111089 African Elephant

Wildlife :
270229 White Rhino
270329 White Rhino Baby
297329 Indian Rhino
228929 Black Rhino
222329 Asian Elephant Baby
227529 Asian Elephant
295620 African Bull Elephant
238429 African Elephant
238529 African Elephant Baby
270129 African ElephantBaby
270029 African Elephant
290229 Lion
291929 White Alligator

Wings of the World :
150129 Anhinga

Farm :
294829 Donkey

Sea Life :
275129 Killer Whale
277829 Giant Squid
277729 Manta Ray
233329 Zebra Shark
422129 Whale Shark

Monterey Bay :
211402 Manta Ray
21000 Humpback Whale
210202 Killer Whale
212302 Giant Squid
211902 Sawfish
211802 Blue Shark
211002 Hammerhead Shark
2108 Bottlenose Dolphin
2106 Whale Shark

Remastered 2017

Incredible Creatures :
262629 Saltwater Crocodile

Wildlife :
227829 Sable Antelope
272729 Crocodile
276429 Alligator

If somebody would proof-read the list, I will be grateful Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 08:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 20:31

Hurray, thanks Susanne cheers Hopefully lots of members have comparison material Smile

I remember something about the Safari Ltd aardvark being remastered as well scratch

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 20:52

Tarunyada wrote:
Hurray, thanks Susanne cheers Hopefully lots of members have comparison material Smile

I remember something about the Safari Ltd aardvark being remastered as well scratch

Yes ! I hope so also bounce
The Aardvark was retired in 2011, and re-launched in 2012, but not mentioned as remastered.
There is a topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 20:59

SUSANNE wrote:
Tarunyada wrote:

Yes ! I hope so also bounce
The Aardvark was retired in 2011, and re-launched in 2012, but not mentioned as remastered.
There is a topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Thanks Susanne! I remembered the aardvark from that exact same topic. Maybe you could add 'cases' like this in the topic as well? Maybe it isn't remastered, but the paint job sure looks different. Just an idea ^^

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 22:01

Great topic Susanne cheers
Ok, I will help with :
Wildlife : White Rhino, Indian Rhino
Wings of the World : Anhinga
Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 22:03

costicuba wrote:
Ok, I will help with :
Wink

cheers cheers cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 22:04

SUSANNE wrote:
costicuba wrote:
Ok, I will help with :
Wink

cheers cheers cheers
...and I will steal your pictures for TAI if I may  Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 15 Jan 2017, 22:43

SUSANNE wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
costicuba wrote:
Ok, I will help with :
Wink

cheers cheers cheers
...and I will steal your pictures for TAI if I may  Laughing

Of course dear friend, any time..for every photo of mine Wink
Actually I have send an e-mail to you (before a week) with some photos for TAI, did you see them ? :)

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017, 16:18

Sometimes, it seems easier to wait a few years before getting some models. The same with Mojo and their clouded leopard, the anhinga now looks so much better than the first edition pale
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySat 21 Jan 2017, 01:43

Ok, finally today we got some sun in Bulgaria sunny
So, I made some photos for this topic.

And let`s start with the beautiful Anhinga.
First let`s see how Anhinga model was looking before 2016 :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And now, the same model, with new and more colors :

As you can see, it has grey color on the body, which helps also to see the texture better
and also painted legs :)

But I`m sure that you are waiting to see the model from the other side Very Happy
So let`s start with walking around :

Tadaa :

The light grey- almost white color, makes the model to look more realistic and detailed..

And last photo :

And now it`s time for the Indian Rhino.

Let`s first see him with the previous colors :

I think, the plastic they use before, had this grey-ochre color, so they have painted some darker lines on the body ..

And now, the new look :

As we can see, the idea is the same : the color of the plastic + some darker lines, but this time,the color of the plastic is more grey ..and the darker lines are not so dark :

I just love this model..and especially the face :

And the same idea of new color is for the White Rhino.

First a photo of the older color :

As we can see, the older version is with more colors , but also with this contour on the legs, eyes and horns, which I think it`s better, that now they are missing :)
Here is the new color :

More simple paint job , but maybe it`s more realistic..
Ok, let`s see a walkaround :

But and the end, I want to show also two catalogue photos of the White and Indian Rhinos- 2016 version, which are very different from the real models :

So, ... nothing like the real models ....but I still like the new versions :)
What about you ..? :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySat 21 Jan 2017, 02:01

Susanne, I found on MPV, that also the Wildlife 291929 - White Alligator, has a 2016 version :)
So, maybe you can add also this model on a list Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySat 21 Jan 2017, 08:17

Thankyou VERY much for the great pictures, and careful comparisons you made cheers

WOW the Anhinga is 110% more nice now, - he even got coloured feet Applause
NOW it is a truely beautyful model I love you

The rhinos, though, aren't that much of an improvement. Thankyou for comparing to the catalogue pictures !
As you say, they are still beautyful models, but Safari should not show such misleading illustrations Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I will use your photos in TAI, as soon as I have fed the outdoors animals this morning sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySat 21 Jan 2017, 08:17

costicuba wrote:
Susanne, I found on MPV, that also the Wildlife 291929 - White Alligator, has a 2016 version :)
So, maybe you can add also this model on a list Wink

THANKYOU !!! Done cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySat 21 Jan 2017, 23:13

Thank you very much Susanne sunny

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 22 Jan 2017, 09:38

Very interesting topic even if I don't have anything to show here. Wink I have the old anhinga, it was exciting to see this bird in toy shape but the poor painting turned it a less exciting figure in real. I have the old version but the newer one is far better. An example of an effective improvement.
WS hippos had their painting updated too and in a very noticiable way.
What about the remastered moulds of the toucan, cockatoo, Cape buffalo...? Is this topic only dedicated to painting variations. :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 22 Jan 2017, 10:16

Roger wrote:
What about the remastered moulds of the toucan, cockatoo, Cape buffalo...? Is this topic only dedicated to painting variations. :)

Great suggestion, Roger cheers

I know that some has the buffalo without the bird, and I have the two versions of the toucan...picture late unless somebody else beats me cheers

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptySun 29 Jan 2017, 01:31

Hmm ...now, I`m very confused ... scratch
I`ve  decided  to watch some rhino models, so I opened the SUY for Rhinos and on a first page (where members posted from 2012), I saw that many members showed the white rhino, looking exactly the same as mine.  
I mean , the white rhino models from Shawn, Lance, Scot... they are all with grey color ..exactly like mine, which supposed to be a 2016 version scratch
The same is for the Indian rhino...I see that the models from Susanne and Lance are grey as mine.
So like I said, now I`m confused ...and I start to think, that maybe my models of Indian and White rhinos, are actually not 2016 version ...
I ordered both models from MPV, where it was written, that they are 2016 versions ... Also, because I saw the models from TAI , with different colors, I was sure, that it is like this...
And now, watching the catalogue photos, I think, that maybe MPV have send me  wrong models, with older paint work ... or I don`t know ..
Now, we have a mystery on the dance floor...   Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptyTue 07 Mar 2017, 18:10

Don't worry Kosta, your versions are really nice. I never bought the White rhino because of the Rimmel and the nail polish Wink . I'm tempted by yours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TerribleDactyl

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptyWed 06 May 2020, 14:42

SUSANNE wrote:
In 2016 Safari made new paintwork for some of their models, and in 2017 a few more followed.study

It may be difficult to know if your model is the new variation, but from 2017 the tags are orange, - before that they were grey.

Sorry that this is such an old thread, but I thought I would add this information if anyone searches for it. I just received a repainted Anhinga directly from Safari's online store. It has a gray tag, and both the tag and mark on the bottom of the foot give the manufacture date as 2015. So it seems that at least this model was repainted prior to 2016 and came with a gray rather than orange tag, at least at first.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptyWed 06 May 2020, 15:27

Hi, Terrible Very Happy

Thanks for telling !
So it is not a rule without exceptions  Wink
I would have thought that the old ones we sold a long time ago  Shocked

It is wonderful when somebody takes up an old topic ! No reaon to excuse  Very Happy

Perhaps more some more have got Safari models with new paintwork ?
If you bring a photo, I can put the TAI picture beneath it here, and the new picture in TAI  bounce
And then we do not have to rely on the colour of the tag, which is not waterproof evidence !
THAT must be  a win-win situation  lol!
( Sorry, you probably don't know the silly joke about win-win, which ran on Danish TV some time ago  Embarassed )

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptyThu 07 May 2020, 06:16

I would love to have the Indian rhino with the old paintjob - but I don't like the one with the new paintjob! The older is much better in my opinion

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . EmptyThu 07 May 2020, 08:00

I agree the newer one looks like it has been rolling around in mud

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .   Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation . Empty

Back to top Go down

Compare Safari "remastered" models with old variation .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: Comparison topics-
Jump to: