Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .

Go down 
+4
Roger
75senta75
widukind
SUSANNE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . Empty
PostSubject: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Several horsey people were probably delighted to see that Safari has made a Fjord horse for this year, and of course I had to get one. Very Happy

Usually I can see the charm in a model even if it is not strictly accurate, but I must admit that this little fellow gave me a chock when I got him in my hand  affraid
Never mind the way the paint on his eyes flows out, but look at the proportions  Sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is how a first prize Fjord stallion looks :

The lower legs are  simply too long !!!
According to his solid neck and rump he looks like he has been fed normally untill 3 or 4 days ago, and after that he was starved - a Fjord has a rounded belly  Crying or Very sad

He has a cute face, that is ok :)

But on a Fjord the black line in the mane runs clearly on into the forelock !!

And the colour of the TAIL !!!
Have they not looked at a Fjord from behind before making the dark part of the tail ?
The dun colour is not due to one gene, but a comlex of close-together genes.
As Fjords have been bred lighter and lighter, the part of this comples, which make leg-stripes and a dorsal stripe seem to have been lost, but the part of the dorsal stripe still exist in the mane and tail, and in the tail is continues from the spine line and down in the tail ...exactily as in the mane.

In Danish we call it a "Halefjer" -  a tail feather , - like tis

Anyway, - if he stands behind another horse on the shelf, I still like him, and he is wellcome here Very Happy
And fortunately we have the wonderful Fjord made by Anna for CollectA Mojo, so our hobby is still blessed with a perfect model of a Fjord ! Laughing

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice horse :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 6:25 pm

Susanne wrote:
Anyway, - if he stands behind another horse on the shelf, I still like him, and he is wellcome here Very
And fortunately we have the wonderful Fjord made by Anna for CollectA, so our hobby is still blessed with a perfect model of a Fjord !

cheers I agree with you Susanne! cheers
arrow So we have a simple formula with great result, that is:
A very good and talented artist + a good idea for a figure + STS community for good ideas +an outstanding company for realization = a perfect model sunny

cheers This kind of cooperation has now been successful on STS for several times. cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 pm

75senta75 wrote:
arrow So we have a simple formula with great result, that is:
A very good and talented artist + a good idea for a figure + STS community for good ideas +an outstanding company for realization = a perfect model sunny

cheers This kind of cooperation has now been successful on STS for several times. cheers

cheers cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 10:02 pm

First I want to tell you that I've found this review very interesting! Yes, it is not only a walk around but a review too. I couldn't judge it in such a comprehensive way if it was not your knowledgeable explanation and after reading it all, I am convinced that Safari should have done a better work.
Just a little detail. Anna made a really wonderful Fjord indeed but it was for Mojö Fun instead of CollectA. However, Deborah, also sculpted a very appealing Fjord for CollectA in fact. flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Roger wrote:
Just a little detail. Anna made a really wonderful Fjord indeed but it was for Mojö Fun instead of CollectA. However, Deborah, also sculpted a very appealing Fjord for CollectA in fact. flower

Thankyou very much, dear Roger !!! It warms my heart on a dark, windy winter evening I love you cheers

Embarassed Mojo ! Of course !!! And Kristies beautyful mare was model Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:45 am

Even if he's not entirely correct, he's a fjord so I still love him! He would make a nice custom model with a few minor modifications. Smile

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 am

I agree with Roger, this review is excellent Susanne Very Happy I kearned a lot in a few words and pics, thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 8:45 am

Thankyou for your kind words, friends cheers

LeeAnn wrote:
Even if he's not entirely correct, he's a fjord so I still love him! He would make a nice custom model with a few minor modifications. Smile

I can't wait to see what you can make out of him bounce Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 pm

Very nice review of this model! Thank you for this great walk around, Susanne! cheers

I think the model looked better on the catalogue picture but I believe it has a lot of potential for customisation. I'm looking forward what will LeeAnn do with this model Smile
Actually, a good painting could rescue that Fjord, perhaps Safar can update it next year?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:01 am

LeeAnn wrote:

I agree with LeeAnn on this one. Thank you very much for your review, Susanne! I agree that this Fjord has its flaws, but it still looks very charming. I'd love to experiment and improve my repaint skills on this one cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:26 am

Laughing Laughing Maybe we should make a topic with everyone's repaints of the Safari Fjord ?
bounce cheers cherry jocolor  alien  clown  confused rabbit Suspect santa  Very Happy lol!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 pm

lol!

I'm going to have to get two now! One for custom and one to keep OF Wink Only problem is they're not widely available here yet surprisingly... cheapest one on ebay is $10 still! Hoping the craft stores get them in and I can use a 40% coupon Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Yes ! Safari has really given it a punch on the prices this year !!!
A fast  look at Speilzeugguenstig shows :

- The old Safari horses are 4,24. Last year's horses 7,63, and the Fjord 8,53 Euros !!!

- A Schleich medioum horse is 5,29 and CollectA 6,59 Papo 6,59 Euro.

- So now Schleich has the cheapest, and Safari by far the most expensive horses scratch

Still, it doesn't chock me. A Schleich horse is 10 Euros in the shops in Denmark Rolling Eyes

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 4:40 am

Oh that's interesting it's not just the US seeing a price increase! Huh, maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the higher price.

PostSubject: Re: The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .   The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 . Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fjord horse from Safari 2017 .
Page 1 of 1