Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My NF animals made in Hong Kong

Go down 
+15
Stripedhyena
Bonnie
Malikye13
VexVamp
widukind
pipsxlch
sueinisloo
summerisle
WhiteLightning Wolf
Bowhead Whale
Roger
Kikimalou
Thitanium Prince
Taos
SUSANNE
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

My NF animals made in Hong Kong Empty
PostSubject: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 10:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NF Zebra

Running European Stag (notice the clay I used to repair the antler)

NF Roaring Lion

NF Roaring Tiger

Here are my NeoForm animals. I only have four: the zebra, the stag, the lion and the tiger. The zebra was bought last week in the local second hand store. The lion, the tiger and the stag were bought back in 1985. They were presented in boxes in which we picked the animals we wanted. I remember there was also a model of chamois sold along with the stags. I should have bought a chamois as well...

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 7:55 am

Interesting figurines, especially the stag :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 8:33 am

Those models are not from Neoform..unless there are two compagnies called Neiform Wink
Neoform made composition models Very Happy

Anyway, thankyou for sharing, - they are nice. Especially the stag, as Andreas says rendeer

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 10:09 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Those models are not from Neoform..unless there are two compagnies called Neiform Wink

Anyway, thankyou for sharing, - they are nice. Especially the stag, as Andreas says rendeer

They ARE NeoForm: they are marked "NF". They were from a 1980's series.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Wow ! That myst be yet another NeoForm !!
Usually I find wiper blades when I searh for models Laughing

Have you got more information about this brand ?

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:40 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Wow ! That myst be yet another NeoForm !!
Usually I find wiper blades when I searh for models Laughing

Have you got more information about this brand ?
Unfortunately, I have no information... unless there are TWO manufacturers marked "NF"? Are your NeoForm animals also marked "NF"?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Yes. But they are composition models, which were made In Denmark from 1946 - 1964.
They don't look like that at all, as many were copies of pre-war Elastolin models, and they were all in that style.
There are some example HERE .
There were also some dinos designed by a Danish professor, which are so sought after, that they are said to be the most expesive vintage dino models at all.

They are marked NF,  N.F. , or a logo where the right strok in the "N" is the same as the left stroke in the "F" , or they are marked DENMARK. Or not marked at all Laughing

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:21 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Yes. But they are composition models, which were made In Denmark from 1946 - 1964.
They don't look like that at all, as many were copies of pre-war Elastolin models, and they were all in that style.
There are some example HERE .
There were also some dinos designed by a Danish professor, which are so sought after, that they are said to be the most expesive vintage dino models at all.

They are marked NF,  N.F. , or a logo where the right strok in the "N" is the same as the left stroke in the "F" , or they are marked DENMARK. Or not marked at all Laughing

My lion, tiger and stag were bought back in 1985 and I remember the zebra was part of that series when I bought the felines (there was also a chamois on sale with the stag, but back then I didn't have money for all of them). My NF (by the way, can't you distinguish the "NF" sign coming out of the zebra's belly?) animals are also marked "Made in Hong Kong"; I see no sign of Denmark on them... Do you think NeoForm took a leap in completely another direction in the 1980's which could explain the difference of style between my NF animals and yours? Do your NF animals come from another generation than the 1980's? study
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:47 pm

I have the lion and tiger by this company but I also have a black panther by the same company.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:50 pm

Taos wrote:
I have the lion and tiger by this company but I also have a black panther by the same company.

Nice!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 2:54 pm

I resurrect this thread just to thank you, I tried to identify those toys for a long time, I think I have a bootleg version of them, they were among my favourite toys as a child.
My tiger is yellow, for example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Well , there is also an indonesian company named NF Toys scratch
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 1:22 am

You think two distint manufacturers are called NF?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 5:22 am

There are two distinct toys manufacturers: One is called NeoForm and is Danish, the other is called NF Toys and is Indonesian.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 3:38 pm

... and we also have Nardi Fratelli that used to mark their figures with N.F. and Italy. Though, those were also composition models. It seems Nardi also worked with plastic but I am not sure they did it with animal figures too.
Curiously, Federico, that owns a yellow tiger, is an Italian member and see what I have found in an Italian online shop

This Indian rhino Very Happy
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Apparently, it can be bought directly from that shop. There are also some mint new Toy Major in boxes. The animal is described as NF and made in Hong Kong.
It is unlikely that these figures are Neo-Form. The company was defunkt when these figures were released.
About being NF Toys from Indonesia, I can't find any evidence but obviously it is also possible.
The way is to not let this topic die and keep searching for more informations or wait that someone has something more to add to this subject. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 3:55 pm

NeoForm, Nardi Fratelli and an indonesian NF mystery manufacturer... that is pretty confusing. No wonder Suzanne didn't believe me at first when I thought my figures being NeoForm...
Back to top Go down
Thitanium Prince

Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Roger wrote:
... and we also have Nardi Fratelli that used to mark their figures with N.F. and Italy. Though, those were also composition models. It seems Nardi also worked with plastic but I am not sure they did it with animal figures too.
Curiously, Federico, that owns a yellow tiger, is an Italian member and see what I have found in an Italian online shop

This Indian rhino Very Happy
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Apparently, it can be bought directly from that shop. There are also some mint new Toy Major in boxes. The animal is described as NF and made in Hong Kong.
It is unlikely that these figures are Neo-Form. The company was defunkt when these figures were released.
About being NF Toys from Indonesia, I can't find any evidence but obviously it is also possible.
The way is to not let this topic die and keep searching for more informations or wait that someone has something more to add to this subject. Very Happy

Oh, I know that Rhino, it was pretty common among cheap animal bags when I was a child!
Never heard of Nardi Fratelli, tho

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 8:22 pm

And here is my newest NF arrival: a beautiful sow!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Nice newcomer :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 am

These NF Toys still keep popping and feeding the NF mistery. That's a nice piggy but I really would love to know the exact origin of these toys. Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 8:36 pm

Roger wrote:
These NF Toys still keep popping and feeding the NF mistery. That's a nice piggy but I really would love to know the exact origin of these toys. Very Happy

So would I! We already have SIX N.F. animals in this topic and we cannot put them on TAI yet for this reason.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 9:14 pm

That "NF" 1980's company also made a Gorilla, a Polar Bear, an African Elephant, a Chamois and a Horse. I remember having seen them in stores when I was a child. They probably made more, but I don't remember them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 10:52 am

Is it the same Neo Form like the red headed vulture in the Toy Animal wikipedia??

Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Wasn't aware that NeoForm did plastic models. scratch It has to be another company because I'm fairly certain NeoForm was long gone before the 80's rolled around. Those letters have to stand for something else.

I have a NeoForm wolf that is stamped "NF" but it's a composition animal. Certainly is a good mystery.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Wasn't aware that NeoForm did plastic models. scratch It has to be another company because I'm fairly certain NeoForm was long gone before the 80's rolled around. Those letters have to stand for something else.

I have a NeoForm wolf that is stamped "NF" but it's a composition animal. Certainly is a good mystery.

If you read the earlier replies, you will see that we already know it's not NeoForm, and we are looking for the identity of this NF 1980's company. Do you have a clue?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   My NF animals made in Hong Kong Empty

Back to top Go down

My NF animals made in Hong Kong
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next