Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

My NF animals made in Hong Kong

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NeoForm Zebra

Running European Stag (notice the clay I used to repair the antler)

NeoForm Roaring Lion

NeoForm Roaring Tiger

Here are my NeoForm animals. I only have four: the zebra, the stag, the lion and the tiger. The zebra was bought last week in the local second hand store. The lion, the tiger and the stag were bought back in 1985. They were presented in boxes in which we picked the animals we wanted. I remember there was also a model of chamois sold along with the stags. I should have bought a chamois as well...
Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Interesting figurines, especially the stag :)

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 pm

Those models are not from Neoform..unless there are two compagnies called Neiform Wink
Neoform made composition models Very Happy

Anyway, thankyou for sharing, - they are nice. Especially the stag, as Andreas says rendeer

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Those models are not from Neoform..unless there are two compagnies called Neiform Wink

Anyway, thankyou for sharing, - they are nice. Especially the stag, as Andreas says rendeer

They ARE NeoForm: they are marked "NF". They were from a 1980's series.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:00 am

Wow ! That myst be yet another NeoForm !!
Usually I find wiper blades when I searh for models Laughing

Have you got more information about this brand ?

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:40 am

Wow ! That myst be yet another NeoForm !!
Usually I find wiper blades when I searh for models Laughing

Have you got more information about this brand ?
Unfortunately, I have no information... unless there are TWO manufacturers marked "NF"? Are your NeoForm animals also marked "NF"?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:09 am

Yes. But they are composition models, which were made In Denmark from 1946 - 1964.
They don't look like that at all, as many were copies of pre-war Elastolin models, and they were all in that style.
There are some example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
There were also some dinos designed by a Danish professor, which are so sought after, that they are said to be the most expesive vintage dino models at all.

They are marked NF,  N.F. , or a logo where the right strok in the "N" is the same as the left stroke in the "F" , or they are marked DENMARK. Or not marked at all Laughing

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:21 am

Yes. But they are composition models, which were made In Denmark from 1946 - 1964.
They don't look like that at all, as many were copies of pre-war Elastolin models, and they were all in that style.
There are some example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .
There were also some dinos designed by a Danish professor, which are so sought after, that they are said to be the most expesive vintage dino models at all.

They are marked NF,  N.F. , or a logo where the right strok in the "N" is the same as the left stroke in the "F" , or they are marked DENMARK. Or not marked at all Laughing

My lion, tiger and stag were bought back in 1985 and I remember the zebra was part of that series when I bought the felines (there was also a chamois on sale with the stag, but back then I didn't have money for all of them). My NF (by the way, can't you distinguish the "NF" sign coming out of the zebra's belly?) animals are also marked "Made in Hong Kong"; I see no sign of Denmark on them... Do you think NeoForm took a leap in completely another direction in the 1980's which could explain the difference of style between my NF animals and yours? Do your NF animals come from another generation than the 1980's? study
Back to top Go down
Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:47 am

I have the lion and tiger by this company but I also have a black panther by the same company.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:50 am

I have the lion and tiger by this company but I also have a black panther by the same company.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:54 am

I resurrect this thread just to thank you, I tried to identify those toys for a long time, I think I have a bootleg version of them, they were among my favourite toys as a child.
My tiger is yellow, for example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:16 am

Well , there is also an indonesian company named NF Toys scratch

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 am

You think two distint manufacturers are called NF?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:22 pm

There are two distinct toys manufacturers: One is called NeoForm and is Danish, the other is called NF Toys and is Indonesian.

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:38 am

... and we also have Nardi Fratelli that used to mark their figures with N.F. and Italy. Though, those were also composition models. It seems Nardi also worked with plastic but I am not sure they did it with animal figures too.
Curiously, Federico, that owns a yellow tiger, is an Italian member and see what I have found in an Italian online shop

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Apparently, it can be bought directly from that shop. There are also some mint new Toy Major in boxes. The animal is described as NF and made in Hong Kong.
It is unlikely that these figures are Neo-Form. The company was defunkt when these figures were released.
About being NF Toys from Indonesia, I can't find any evidence but obviously it is also possible.
The way is to not let this topic die and keep searching for more informations or wait that someone has something more to add to this subject. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:55 am

NeoForm, Nardi Fratelli and an indonesian NF mystery manufacturer... that is pretty confusing. No wonder Suzanne didn't believe me at first when I thought my figures being NeoForm...
Back to top Go down
Thitanium Prince

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:08 am

... and we also have Nardi Fratelli that used to mark their figures with N.F. and Italy. Though, those were also composition models. It seems Nardi also worked with plastic but I am not sure they did it with animal figures too.
Curiously, Federico, that owns a yellow tiger, is an Italian member and see what I have found in an Italian online shop

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Apparently, it can be bought directly from that shop. There are also some mint new Toy Major in boxes. The animal is described as NF and made in Hong Kong.
It is unlikely that these figures are Neo-Form. The company was defunkt when these figures were released.
About being NF Toys from Indonesia, I can't find any evidence but obviously it is also possible.
The way is to not let this topic die and keep searching for more informations or wait that someone has something more to add to this subject. Very Happy

Oh, I know that Rhino, it was pretty common among cheap animal bags when I was a child!
Never heard of Nardi Fratelli, tho

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:22 am

And here is my newest NF arrival: a beautiful sow!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 am

Nice newcomer :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:00 am

These NF Toys still keep popping and feeding the NF mistery. That's a nice piggy but I really would love to know the exact origin of these toys. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 am

These NF Toys still keep popping and feeding the NF mistery. That's a nice piggy but I really would love to know the exact origin of these toys. Very Happy

So would I! We already have SIX N.F. animals in this topic and we cannot put them on TAI yet for this reason.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:14 am

That "NF" 1980's company also made a Gorilla, a Polar Bear, an African Elephant, a Chamois and a Horse. I remember having seen them in stores when I was a child. They probably made more, but I don't remember them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Is it the same Neo Form like the red headed vulture in the Toy Animal wikipedia??

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:05 am

Wasn't aware that NeoForm did plastic models. scratch It has to be another company because I'm fairly certain NeoForm was long gone before the 80's rolled around. Those letters have to stand for something else.

I have a NeoForm wolf that is stamped "NF" but it's a composition animal. Certainly is a good mystery.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] DeviantART: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Instagram: _whitelightning_wolf_
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitelightning-wolf.deviantart.com
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:03 am

Wasn't aware that NeoForm did plastic models. scratch It has to be another company because I'm fairly certain NeoForm was long gone before the 80's rolled around. Those letters have to stand for something else.

I have a NeoForm wolf that is stamped "NF" but it's a composition animal. Certainly is a good mystery.

If you read the earlier replies, you will see that we already know it's not NeoForm, and we are looking for the identity of this NF 1980's company. Do you have a clue?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:57 am

AFRICAN ELEPHANT

INDIAN RHINOCEROS

POLAR BEAR

GORILLA

Here are my new NF animals: an African Elephant, an Indian Rhinocéros, a Polar Bear and a Gorilla. I also received a hippopotamus, but its upper jaw is ripped off: I will repair it before posting it here.

These animals are now in my "Contributions" page on TAI and they are ready to be added as soon as we discover the true identity of NF.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Congratulations Valérie! You have already a very interesting group of these figures. We must find a way to list them on TAI once pictures are already introduced and it shows a good batch. Strange it keeps so misterious. scratch

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Amazing cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:25 am

Interesting stuff :)

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 am

And here is my repaired NF HIPPOPOTAMUS. I had to make it a new upper jaw, since the previous owner ripped it off completely in the past. I used a screwed metal hook, a piece of wood, silliccone, sawdust and paint to replace it. It is also uploaded in my "Contributions" page on TAI and waiting to be put somewhere.

The only real clues I have about the identity of this company is the epoch when they were available: those animals were in stores AROUND 1984 and 1985. I bought my lion, tiger and stag in 1985 or 1984. I remember they were not packaged: they were gathered in a big box besides the seller's cash register. So, we have to look for a toy manufacturer who released its merchandise in the mid-1980's. study

On EBay, I also saw that NF didn't make only animals: they also made bendable figures of cartoon-style humans. I saw one on sale there. So, we have to look for a company that made more than one sort of toys, not just animals. These are the clues I have. study
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:57 am

Poor hippo !!! But fortunately he found a new owner who has artistic skills and a warm hippo-heart cheers

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:30 am

Poor hippo !!! But fortunately he found a new owner who has artistic skills and a warm hippo-heart cheers

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Congrats

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:02 am

We have now ELEVEN NF ANIMALS. I already uploaded them all in my TAI Contributions page. If only anybody could find the exact identity of NF. As I said earlier, those animals were available in the mid-1980's.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Today at 11:06 am

We have now ELEVEN NF ANIMALS. I already uploaded them all in my TAI Contributions page. If only anybody could find the exact identity of NF. As I said earlier, those animals were available in the mid-1980's.

Tired of not finding any information about these figures, I decided to open a page on TAI just called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink Not a very orthodox method but after some thought on it, I decided that they should have a page and grouped.
As soon as we find the exact name of the brand, it could be all renamed. So, you can start using your pictures there whenever you want. Very Happy
By the way, I also renamed the name of this thread once unlikely it is Neo-Form and maybe other collectors searching for a NF marked figure can find this topic better entitled like that. Idea

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   Today at 3:11 pm

Tired of not finding any information about these figures, I decided to open a page on TAI just called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink  Not a very orthodox method but after some thought on it, I decided that they should have a page and grouped.
As soon as we find the exact name of the brand, it could be all renamed. So, you can start using your pictures there whenever you want. Very Happy
By the way, I also renamed the name of this thread once unlikely it is Neo-Form and maybe other collectors searching for a NF marked figure can find this topic better entitled like that. Idea

Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My NF animals made in Hong Kong   

Back to top Go down

My NF animals made in Hong Kong
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1