Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Durham metal Horses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Durham metal Horses   Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Grey Horse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chestnut Horse (with broken leg)

Hi!
Does anyone know about a manufacturer named "Durham"? I have two horses here that are made of metal and marked "1977".
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 pm

They are very, very charming drunken

There is a page about Durham here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:57 pm

Horses you're showing are dated with a year that is older than the company Susanne linked. So, it may be a different one or both are related in any way.
Your Horses are from a company called Durham Industries, they're made in Hong Kong and probably are numbered. scratch

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:09 am

Oh those are cute!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Interesting horses :)

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Horses you're showing are dated with a year that is older than the company Susanne linked. So, it may be a different one or both are related in any way.
Your Horses are from a company called Durham Industries, they're made in Hong Kong and probably are numbered. scratch

The site says "we continue, since 1980...", which clearly states that the company was first established before 1980. From what I understand, 1986 is the year they were established AS A CLASSIC CAR MODEL MAKER. So, it could be the same Durham company. What do you think? And, yes, my horses are also marked "Made in Hong Kong".

As for the number marked on my horses, I will look when I get home.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:31 am

The site says "we continue, since 1980...", which clearly states that the company was first established before 1980. From what I understand, 1986 is the year they were established AS A CLASSIC CAR MODEL MAKER. So, it could be the same Durham company. What do you think? And, yes, my horses are also marked "Made in Hong Kong".

I don't think it is the same company and my understanding is different from yours. Though, I could be wrong.
Durham Classics is a Canadian company of handmade automotive miniatures
Durham Industries Inc. is a USA manufacturer of toys.
I can't dissertate more at the moment, maybe some additional research is needed. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 pm

I don't think it is the same company and my understanding is different from yours. Though, I could be wrong.
Durham Classics is a Canadian company of handmade automotive miniatures
Durham Industries Inc. is a USA manufacturer of toys.
I can't dissertate more at the moment, maybe some additional research is needed. Very Happy

That's weird... two companies actually have the same name? That IS confusing...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Anyway, do you think my Durham horses are worth being on TAI?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Durham metal Horses   

Back to top Go down

Durham metal Horses
Page 1 of 1