Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!

Go down 
+10
onatello
Taos
Ana
widukind
normal fox
costicuba
landrover
Tupolew Tu-154
arafan
SUSANNE
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! Empty
PostSubject: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Sorry for flooding you with walkies of Safari news !
It seems there is no end to the great surprises that this brand lavishes on us this year  Very Happy

This time I have taken some pictures of the Carabao, or Karabao : a domestic breed of water buffalo, which is found in the Philippines.
Actually I could not find much about it on the net, but as always Wikipedia is helping Wink
As far as I understand, there are several types, - even racing-cow-type  Laughing
Also, they are being crossed with other breeds, to get a buffalo, which gives more milk.

This lovely animal does not have much indication of gender, but as it has a rather frail build and a thin neck, I think it is a cow.
The slender build could also be an indication that this is an original type of carabao ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On vikipedia is mentioned that they often have a "Chevron". I am not sure what a chevron is on a cow, - perhaps it is the V-shaped wrinkels in her forehead ?

I can almost feel the wrinkeled skin on her neck  Laughing

The wide muzzle must be perfect for catching wather-plants Very Happy

On several pictures  we see this characteristic markings round the mouth.

Hmmm, no udder or....  scratch

But her behind looks like she has had a calf or two  Very Happy

It is not mentioned in Wikipedia, but on pictures many do have these white markings on the legs.
It looks great on the slate-grey colour , and to me it shows that Safari has begun to take the paintwork very serious again  cheers  

All in all, I would like to thank Safari for making this wonderful model for us to enjoy Applause flower sunny Applause cheers

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 4:31 pm

It's nice to see a new cattle breed. Very Happy And I really like this model, but the paintjob looks so boring if I compare it to CollectA's water buffalo. By the way, is it at least in a similar size?

Thank you so much for the pictures! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 5:06 pm

arafan wrote:
It's nice to see a new cattle breed. Very Happy And I really like this model, but the paintjob looks so boring if I compare it to CollectA's water buffalo. By the way, is it at least in a similar size?

Thankyou :-)

The Safari one is much smaller, which is realistic.
The Collecta bullfalo is a bull, and the wild water buffaloes are much larger than the tame ones.

I'll take a picture for you tomorrow Very Happy

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 6:09 pm

It's a nice model, but the painting could be better. Nonetheless, i will buy it. I also think, that it is a cow.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Beautiful pictutes Susanne. Like a Star @ heaven

Other good figure of Safari in this year.

I will buy It.of course.

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Thank you very much for this walkaround Susanne :)
I was thinking, do I want this model ....because I like the animal and I want to have a model of it,
but I was not sure, because on the catalogue photos, the paint job is what makes me not sure, that I want it.
And your walkaround is very helpfull like always :)
So, on real, I see a model, sculpted very very nice.
The shape is perfect, the proportions are very good, it has very nice details.
The paint job :
It is very minimalistic , which is something like a new style of Safari, not only for paint work, but also like sculpture on some of the models .. like some new cattle models.
This Minimalism is ..hmm..let`s say interesting, not bad but for sure not very realistic.

These white markings on the legs and muzzle, are nice details and many Carabaos have it..,
but because they are made it with pure white color , the model looks like it is painted with minimalistic style.
If the color is not pure white, and the borderlines - not so clear, it will be more realistic. :)

But all in all, this model is going to my wish list , I like it :)

arafan

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 7:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
arafan wrote:

Thankyou :-)

The Safari one is much smaller, which is realistic.
The Collecta  bullfalo is a bull, and the wild water buffaloes are much larger than the tame ones.

I'll take a picture for you tomorrow Very Happy
That would be great! Very Happy And of course you are absolutely right, cows are smaller but I think that the Wild and domestic ones are about the same size, so I can't wait for the comparison pictures.

Country/State : USA, Colorado

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 11:45 pm

What I think is the best part is that Safari Ltd. made models of three new cattle breeds (plus one common breed, the Highland bull) for 2017. I have already purchased the new models, except the Highland. I agree with the painting complaints but all the models are new, they aren't just repaints of old models. Thanks, Safari! Now if some company would make a Dutch Belted cow and an accurate Jersey cow, a Normande, etc., that would be great. Papo made a new Montbeliarde last year which was also a new model which is excellent.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 am

A must have again :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 4:09 am

Thank you for great walk around Susanne! It's great to see the photos of that, interesting, model! cheers

costicuba wrote:
(...)
So, on real, I see a model, sculpted very very nice.
The shape is perfect, the proportions are very good, it has very nice details.
The paint job :
It is very minimalistic , which is something like a new style of Safari, not only for paint work, but also like sculpture on some of the models .. like some new cattle models.
This Minimalism is ..hmm..let`s say interesting, not bad but for sure not very realistic.

These white markings on the legs and muzzle, are nice details and many Carabaos have it..,
but because they are made it with pure white color , the model looks like it is painted with minimalistic style.
If the color is not pure white, and the borderlines - not so clear, it will be more realistic. :)
(...)

This is very well said! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 11:21 am

Looks better in reality than in the catalogue thankfully! so will be getting this model! Smile Smile

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm

arafan wrote:
.....And of course you are absolutely right, cows are smaller but I think that the Wild and domestic ones are about the same size, so I can't wait for the comparison pictures.

According to Wikipedia :

Water buffalo : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wild water buffalo are larger and heavier than domestic buffalo, and weigh from 700 to 1,200 kg (1,500 to 2,600 lb). Their head-to-body-length is 240 to 300 cm (94 to 118 in) with a tail 60 to 100 cm (24 to 39 in) long, and a shoulder height of 150 to 190 cm (59 to 75 in).

And carabao : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mature male carabaos weigh 420–500 kg (930–1,100 lb), and females 400–425 kg (882–937 lb). Height at withers of the male ranges from 127–137 cm (50–54 in), and of the female from 124–129 cm (49–51 in).
So a wild bull can be up to 3 times as heavy as a carabao cow, and be 25 cm higher over the shoulder study

Anyway, - here are some pictures Very Happy

I had better keep them apart, - poor Carabao, if she gets a calf by that huge bull affraid Laughing

Just for fun : compared to the Safari Zebu :

onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Congrats and thanks for photo. It is definitely lovely cow!

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 2:44 pm

costicuba wrote:

Uhh, I fear that it is my camera which compensates for the grey colour and makes the markings look white  Embarassed

Here is a picture of Caraboa together with the pute white albatross  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]free upload pictures

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 3:30 pm

It is nice to visit again the fantastic walk arounds of this forum! Very Happy
Having a figure of a carabao is already a coup of luck, as a collector of wildlife, a tamaraw could be even nicer but I am so excited with that cattle breed. Safari is reacting positively to the diversity presented by CollectA in Farm series, companies should be brave and release more figures like these. The time of black & white cows has gone and now this thematic is more colorful even if the representative is black. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 3:48 pm

How wonderful that you have got your computer up and running again, dear Roger cheers

Roger wrote:
..... as a collector of wildlife, a tamaraw could be even nicer but I am so excited with that cattle breed.
Perhaps an idea for Southlands Replicas ? bounce bounce Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Safari is reacting positively to the diversity presented by CollectA in Farm series, companies should be brave and release more figures like these.
Yes ! It is like they started an avalance cheers

Roger wrote:
.....The time of black & white cows has gone ...... Laughing
Unless you are called Schleich Suspect Laughing

arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Thank you so much for the comparition pictures. Very Happy They don't look bad together but the carabao looks a little poor nearby her wild cousin.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 10:14 pm

And I want to thank you also for the last photo dear Susanne :)
Yes, for sure it is not pure white color and now we can see it very clear cheers

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 3:31 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
.....The time of black & white cows has gone ...... Laughing
Unless you are called Schleich Suspect Laughing

lol! lol! lol!
Indeed, some farm collections are like this, black&white cow with head turned right, black & white cow with head turned left, black & white cow standing, black & white cow lying, etc., etc., what a diversity! Laughing

terrorchicken

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2017 6:07 pm

such an interesting cattle species. I love the grey colorations and markings but I have never liked Safari's paint jobs much. Also sad that your copy has so many paint rubbings. Sad
Back to top Go down
Drachenherzen

Drachenherzen

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu May 18, 2017 6:59 am

What a beautiful model! It´s stunning^^
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptyThu May 18, 2017 7:56 am

Drachenherzen wrote:
What a beautiful model! It´s stunning^^

I love it too Very Happy

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! EmptySun May 21, 2017 2:56 am

OOooh beautiful I love you

PostSubject: Re: From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!   From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

From Safari 2017 : a new breed of cattle in our model world : A Carabao !!!!
Page 1 of 1