Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)

Go down 
+15
MartinH
Tupolew Tu-154
Roger
barracudacat
Ana
terrorchicken
Bloodrayne
whitestones
Saien
widukind
pokeyanyway
SUSANNE
Benga
JonasV
Numa
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
terrorchicken

terrorchicken

Country/State : USA

PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 12:15 am

Ive noticed that too. Their larger animals and hoofed animals are getting pudgier and cuter, with shorter legs. I hope their extant line dont go the way of their dinosaur line. Sad
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 1:43 am

Wonder if new zebras will be made next year--in more action pose. I do not collect the farm animals, but what a great set of buildings and accessories for farm. They really went all out with buildings this year, including safari/wildlife ones.

Are the Wildlife boxed animals sold separately--great mountain hooved animals.

Why a new eagle--especially when it is horrible compared to the former one.

I do like the new gorillas, but again, why make new ones when they did two years ago?

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Wait what? A MALE mermaid? WOW! WOW! WOW! Wonderful!

Hurraaaayy !!! The prince went to the mermaid instead of the other way round ! Equal rights to women and men cheers

Btw, he must be a mer-lad Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 8:51 am

I agree with Martin ! See the smiling wood animals and silly cartoon-looking orangutans !!!! affraid

And Shawn, - yes, that eagle Shocked

And the anaconda, - poor critter has broken his back in two places pale

But the toucan, sloth and jaguars are fine :)

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 9:00 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
But the "new guy" isn't the one that sculpt these creatures....
I would like to know what kind of people they are hiring to make these figures?
That "big eyes" and "cute hairstyles" sell is something I believe......

I suppose the "New guy" is the one who sets the standard and style ? Suspect

And it must be because the other brands begin to breathe down their neck...they have needed to change/sharpen their image. And this "new guy" clearly has no feelings towards the traditions of Schleich Rolling Eyes

I am sure cuteness sells to little girls of all ages and sexes Laughing Laughing

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 10:08 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
But the "new guy" isn't the one that sculpt these creatures....
I would like to know what kind of people they are hiring to make these figures?
That "big eyes" and "cute hairstyles" sell is something I believe......

I suppose the "New guy" is the one who sets the standard and style ? Suspect

And it must be because the other brands begin to breathe down their neck...they have needed to change/sharpen their image. And this "new guy" clearly has no feelings towards the traditions of Schleich Rolling Eyes

I am sure cuteness sells to little girls of all ages and sexes Laughing Laughing

So I sculpted a beautiful, proportional horse for Schleich and afterwards added big eyes and pretty braids to make it look cute.
It looked like an accurate horse and still cute at the same time.
I showed it to the "New guy" and he looked at it and shook his head.
"No no no! This is not what I want! I want this horse to have a giraffe neck, stumpy legs that look broken in some places and make the hooves look like cardboard coasters! How many times do I have to tell you?!
YOU'RE FIRED!!!!"

....true story. Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 11:13 am

Bloodrayne wrote:

So I sculpted a beautiful, proportional horse for Schleich and afterwards added big eyes and pretty braids to make it look cute.
It looked like an accurate horse and still cute at the same time.
I showed it to the "New guy" and he looked at it and shook his head.
"No no no! This is not what I want! I want this horse to have a giraffe neck, stumpy legs that look broken in some places and make the hooves look like cardboard coasters! How many times do I have to tell you?!
YOU'RE FIRED!!!!"
....true story. Laughing

cheers cheers lol! Laughing

Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 1:10 pm

i realy like the sloth, the pintabians, the arabians and farm sets drunken  But those horseboxes and the veterinary van affraid What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

i really only want the freaking horses ....

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Dum_my wrote:
i really only want the freaking horses ....

lol! lol!

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 8:14 pm

What .... is that greenish bearded dragon doing in that skull with all those reall dragons en dino's ./
Who put that pore little thing there?!
For the rest NICE Very Happy
Nice photo's ! :)

PostSubject: Re: PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)   PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PHOTOS 1: Schleich @ London Toy Fair - 26th January 2017 (Farm & Wildlife)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2